Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Joke of the Day from the Express
HUGE EU BLOW: Switzerland’s biggest political party unveils plans to leave Schengen
It seems in their desire to print click bait the Express forgot that Stitzerland isn't in the EU!
But the Express never lets facts get in the way of anti EU propaganda, does it?
They must be getting desperate!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Joke of the Day from the Express
HUGE EU BLOW: Switzerland’s biggest political party unveils plans to leave Schengen
It seems in their desire to print click bait the Express forgot that Stitzerland isn't in the EU!
But the Express never lets facts get in the way of anti EU propaganda, does it?
They must be getting desperate!
This is old news anyway, Switzerland wanting to restrict immigration is the basis of the disagreement between the EU and Switzerland that's caused the EU to apply restrictive punishments over the last year or so.

Switzerland's problem is our Brexit problem too, the EU won't allow them to restrict free movement and retain EU trading rights, and nor will we be able to on a permanent basis.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Good old Express

‘Open for business’ Theresa May in talks with Australia over UK’s FIRST free trade deal

Britain, which is currently short of trade-negotiating officials, has already received a boost after it was revealed Australia, New Zealand and Canada will lend the UK their expert trade negotiators.

I wonder what the Aussies want to buy from us?
And now we "borrow" their experts?
It gets sillier by the day.
And how about this?
What Brexit blues? City to be flooded with BILLIONS thanks to strong British stock market
THE City is set to receive a staggering £30billion as foreign owners of companies seek to make the most of Britain’s strong post-Brexit economy.

Aren't we so lucky?
The only question is why do they imagine this is "post Brexit"?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I wonder what the Aussies want to buy from us?
Rain? Any kind of water really...

All is good you will get on just fine with them, their govt has lost the plot too. I bet they will want to sell you some coal. Get you some smog back in those postcard photos none of this EU clean air nonsense!

• Agree
Reactions: trex and flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Just a thought. Australia is on the sharp end of running offshore camps for immigrants maybe they could help you there? I mean France could ship off all the people in Calais to the Channel Islands and the Aussies would come over and counsel on barbed wire, torture and depravity and things like that. You film it see and make sure the films get shown in the countries where potential immigrants would be coming from. Very cunning people these Aussies.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just a thought. Australia is on the sharp end of running offshore camps for immigrants maybe they could help you there? I mean France could ship off all the people in Calais to the Channel Islands and the Aussies would come over and counsel on barbed wire, torture and depravity and things like that. You film it see and make sure the films get shown in the countries where potential immigrants would be coming from. Very cunning people these Aussies.
I take it you are one of their biggest fans?:rolleyes:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Really disappointed Theresa May interview on the Andrw Marr show this morning. It was obvious that all the questions were pre determined and the answers too evasive,there was no spontaneity.
Even questions about obesity,grammar schools,the answers were the usual politician meaningless answers.
Marr should have asked her why she won't put Article 50 to parliament,that would have been a very tricky question to answer.
Shame,because everyone is desperate to know what is in May's mind about what Brexit means,after the interview we are no more knowledgable about what path Brexit is being directed.
In China the opposite is the case,she is under the microscope as to what Brexit means to the rest of the world,China thinks we are 'barking' and Hinkley is not befriending us to them,Obama has made it clear that we are down the bottom of the queue when it comes to trade deals....not a good start to Britain is 'Open for Business'
All the feedback I am getting from my Chinese suppliers is that they are worried about losing business with the U.K.,because they have always looked upon us as a useful gateway into both the UK and the EU. My response is that I am toning down purchases until I have the opportunity to buy at 1.40 plus dollar or put my prices up,the latter seems to be winning at the moment.....as everyone has been told that Brexit will be inflationary price rises are accepted without surprise and few grumbles.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I take it you are one of their biggest fans?:rolleyes:
My sister has been living in Melbourne for about 20 years. My Aussie news comes straight from the source, I am not overly impressed, no. When the Chinese stop buying their coal just watch what happens to their economy!

I was just thinking, I did a bit of work for Trade NZ a while back. You say you are hiring? :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No wonder the rest of the world have realised the British are bonkers

"Boris Johnson: UK looks forward to welcoming new Polish immigrants
Foreign secretary meets his counterpart in Warsaw and says he wants relations with Poland to go from ‘good to great’"

Reminds me of a comment from Tonto in the Lone Ranger films
"White man speak with forked tongue"

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
OMG.....Whilst Theresa May is selling Brexit in China. Boris has been busy back home. This is the same Boris that was sitting alongside May at Chequers only a few days ago, part of the team that is going to make a unified job of Brexit.
Boris has announced that the money saved from the EU contributions will go to the NHS at £100million per week(now where have we heard that before),we will also save money on energy bills and vat.He has also announced that we will have an Australian points system to restrict immigrants.
I thought Hammond had already pledged that money to replace the EU farmers subsidies to the UK farmers and replace the EU research funds to the universities.
May has said from China that she will block Boris's proposals.
Couldn't Boris have waited until May returned from China,she must give him a good spanking when she returns.
She shouldn't have given him the keys to No 10 when she was away,every parent knows that you don't let the teenager have a party when you are away.
If this was an episode of Yes Minister they would scrap it,because it would be deemed too improbable.
KudosDave

Last edited:
  • Agree

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
My sister has been living in Melbourne for about 20 years. My Aussie news comes straight from the source, I am not overly impressed, no. When the Chinese stop buying their coal just watch what happens to their economy!

I was just thinking, I did a bit of work for Trade NZ a while back. You say you are hiring? :D
AK...I think it was iron ore the Chinese bought from Australia,the Chinese already have lots of coal....have more now that they have signed up to reducing their greenhouse gasses.
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
OMG.....Whilst Theresa May is selling Brexit in China. Boris has been busy back home. This is the same Boris that was sitting alongside May at Chequers only a few days ago, part of the team that is going to make a unified job of Brexit.
Boris has announced that the money saved from the EU contributions will go to the NHS at £100million per week(now where have we heard that before),we will also save money on energy bills and vat.He has also announced that we will have an Australian points system to restrict immigrants.
I thought Hammond had already pledged that money to replace the EU farmers subsidies to the UK farmers and replace the EU research funds to the universities.
May has said from China that she will block Boris's proposals.
Couldn't Boris have waited until May returned from China,she must give him a good spanking when she returns.
She shouldn't have given him the keys to No 10 when she was away,every parent knows that you don't let the teenager have a party when you are away.
If this was an episode of Yes Minister they would scrap it,because it would be deemed too improbable.
KudosDave
What is quite baffling is why Boris is making proposals which are completely outside his remit.
The man is a liability, and must realise he is pushing his luck, surely?
Loose cannon is an apt description of this fool.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
AK...I think it was iron ore the Chinese bought from Australia,the Chinese already have lots of coal....have more now that they have signed up to reducing their greenhouse gasses.
KudosDave
One of the largest Australian exports to China is meat, the rising standard of living of the better off Chinese has brought a huge increase in their meat consumption.

Traditionally in China meat meant pork, and not very often, but all that has changed as this link informs.

• Informative
Reactions: Kudoscycles

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
No wonder the rest of the world have realised the British are bonkers

"Boris Johnson: UK looks forward to welcoming new Polish immigrants
Foreign secretary meets his counterpart in Warsaw and says he wants relations with Poland to go from ‘good to great’"

Reminds me of a comment from Tonto in the Lone Ranger films
"White man speak with forked tongue"
OG...I had to check this up that Boris has said to some students in Poland reassuring them that there is no xenophobia in the UK,despite some teenage thugs killing the Polish guy in Harlow and that they are welcome in the UK.
This is the same Boris who insists that we are keeping the single market and the EU passport.
Come back to the UK quickly Mrs May.,Boris will soon be saying that the EU is a wonderful organisation Brexit was an awful mistake and we should stay in after all,in fact it is so good he has negotiated an increase in our EU payments,whilst you were off on your holiday to China.
Oh by the way Theresa I have managed to rent No 10 to a nice Polish family whilst you were away,knowing that you won't need it after your resignation.
Nice one Boris.
where have all the leavers gone in the thread? Nice to have their views.
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Daily Telegraph this morning
Two thirds believe Britain is on the right track following Brexit vote, new poll shows
two thirds of people believe Britain is on the right track following the Brexit vote and most believe the economy will do well over the next year, a new poll has revealed.

Research found that 59 per cent of people said the UK is moving in the right direction, including almost 30 per cent of those who voted to remain in the EU in the recent referendum.

The poll, conducted by Lord Ashcroft, shows that the majority of the 8,000 people asked are optimistic about Britain's future outside the union, despite fears that a vote to leave would cause economic uncertainty.

30% of the remain voters have changed sides have they?

Lets see now what could have convinced them?
Dire warnings from Japan.......er no.
May and Boris saying different things............er no.
Not having a plan.......................er no.
realisation that the leave promises will come true..............er no
propaganda that Britain is booming but we have only had a vote...................?
Morbid curiosity..................................?

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
“obviously, Australia, with our long-standing ties and our close relationship, will be one of the first countries we will be looking to”

Got more criminal elements you want rid of then?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
“obviously, Australia, with our long-standing ties and our close relationship, will be one of the first countries we will be looking to”

Got more criminal elements you want rid of then?
Am I mistaken in thinking you are not the world's biggest fan of the Aussies?:rolleyes:

Advertisers