Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Fair point derf. I have no issue with Tom at all, but to be called a bigot and him not be able to say why is ( IMO) inexplicable. I know I,m not a bigot and if something I,ve posted sounds bigoted please point it out. I,d either delete it and apologise or explain exactly what was meant. Perhaps he thinks I,m somebody else ? Who knows

By the way I criticised Trump, Garage etal. But not doing so does not make anyone a bigot. Not criticizing Hitler does not make a person a fascist. He worked wonders fir German industry, Porsche and Volkswagen and their road network. Saying any of this does not make me a fascist or Nazi supporter.

Tom supports labour and by inference Blair. Does that mean he supports Blair's warmongering.Ofcourse not.
We should guard against polarisation of groups and opinions. Chances are we can all see the good and bad on both sides.

Good post tho Derf.
How about
"Or is this the thread where all the loonies post and sensible people stay away ?"
Very diplomatic, or is that perhaps a confession? :)

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Carney (B of E) has been got at by this government through the Brexit process...there was a stage when they wanted the pound to dive,Carney lowered interest rates when he should have raised rates to support the pound,he was obviously not independent.
He is now aware that the civil service and the B of E cannot possibly do all the work on Brexit in 2 years (the EU now want 14 months),May seems to criticise his care.
What is May about? Her interview today suggested a PM who was incapable and frightened of Brexit,quite pathetic.....I have always thought that she had some plan that she would reveal at the right moment,but it worries me that she is delaying in the hope that some miracle will come along to take her out of this mess.
What do other forum members think about May?
KudosDave
She was at her best in the Wizard of Oz?

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Fair point derf. I have no issue with Tom at all, but to be called a bigot and him not be able to say why is ( IMO) inexplicable. I know I,m not a bigot and if something I,ve posted sounds bigoted please point it out. I,d either delete it and apologise or explain exactly what was meant. Perhaps he thinks I,m somebody else ? Who knows

By the way I criticised Trump, Garage etal. But not doing so does not make anyone a bigot. Not criticizing Hitler does not make a person a fascist. He worked wonders fir German industry, Porsche and Volkswagen and their road network. Saying any of this does not make me a fascist or Nazi supporter.

Tom supports labour and by inference Blair. Does that mean he supports Blair's warmongering.Ofcourse not.
We should guard against polarisation of groups and opinions. Chances are we can all see the good and bad on both sides.

Good post tho Derf.
many of those road networks were built by slave labour from concentration camps. what does a wonderful economy look like to you: one in which workers spend most of their time supporting a fascist war? I'm afraid being an apologist for Hitler does make one a fascist.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Gratutitous attacks ? Are you on drugs or something ?

Where is my gratuitous attack?

This really is a strange place. Dont want to tar everyone with same brush but the point I made about this being thread for loonies certainly applies with you OG..what on earth have I said to initiate that last diatribe ? Bet you are sort of bloke in pub people avoid.
I,m very confused, still think its a wind up..Feel like I,m being punished for somebody else posts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
many of those road networks were built by slave labour from concentration camps. what does a wonderful economy look like to you: one in which workers spend most of their time supporting a fascist war? I'm afraid being an apologist for Hitler does make one a fascist.
No Derf you are making assumptions. I am no Hitler apologist. I said he had worked wonders, I didn't say how terrible his methods were.
You are doing exactly what er should not do. We accuse people of being racist for mere misuse of terms , whilst in the mean time the real racists are left alone.
Neither yourself or Tom have pointed out why I was labelled a bigot.
I respect Fidal Castro, that does not make me a communist.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
No Derf you are making assumptions. I am no Hitler apologist. I said he had worked wonders, I didn't say how terrible his methods were.
You are doing exactly what er should not do. We accuse people of being racist for mere misuse of terms , whilst in the mean time the real racists are left alone.
Neither yourself or Tom have pointed out why I was labelled a bigot.
I respect Fidal Castro, that does not make me a communist.
fidel castro is not hitler. not condemning hitler is on par with not condemning any other crimes against humanity, such as paedophilia. you're trying to find a way to make it possible to say something good about Hitler. I'm afraid I'm all too familiar with this way of trying to quietly drag prejudice in by the back door.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Gratutitous attacks ? Are you on drugs or something ?

Where is my gratuitous attack?

This really is a strange place. Dont want to tar everyone with same brush but the point I made about this being thread for loonies certainly applies with you OG..what on earth have I said to initiate that last diatribe ? Bet you are sort of bloke in pub people avoid.
I,m very confused, still think its a wind up..Feel like I,m being punished for somebody else posts.
Do you avoid mirrors? we were running short on loonies, but frankly you seem utterly unaware of what you offer as comments, even when they are pointed out to you. So now we have a person who has ambitions to be one.
Quite extraordinary, that you are so slow to understand that
"the point I made about this being thread for loonies certainly applies with you OG.."
Run that past an adult and see if they can agree that is not a grautitous attack.
You really are quite hopelessly funny, aren't you?
As to "I,m very confused, still think its a wind up..Feel like I,m being punished for somebody else posts"
Truly hilarious, are you admitting you have forgotten which posts are yours?
Be honest now you came on here to create a "Wind up" didn't you?
No wonder you had problems on other forums, perhaps they are less tolerant than we are?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
"
Nigel Farage poised to back Marine Le Pen in French presidential election despite accusing her party of 'prejudice and antisemitism'
The interim Ukip leader said victory for the 'brilliant' National Front leader would mean 'it’s over' for the European Union – having previously rejected an alliance with her party

No comment necessary is there? coming from him those comments are a recommendation after all.

Just two questions only
  1. Why if Brexit has been achieved is he still intent on destroying the EU
  2. What the hell has what happens in France to do with this fool? and why should his contribution matter anyway?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
OG
You are mad.
in my line of work there's a joke that people are either mad, bad, sad or glad (as a very basic nosology). any other than excessively bad is ok (which is why its ok to feel ambivalent about castro but not hitler)

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Completely uterly fecking bonkers.Nice with it in your own way but crazy.

Derf
I.m not ambivalent towards Hitler. You are making assumptions again, but hey I,m getting the hang of it on here. You read a post and interpret it how you see fit.
Not adding anymore on this thread. Its going downhill, if that's possible.
Take care derf. Think you and I are actually singing from same hymn book.
Look after OG.

Last edited:
  • Disagree

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Completely uterly fecking bonkers.
but - and this is serious - labelling us isn't an argument for brexit. weve all been waiting for 360 pages for that - a remotely comprehensible rationale for brexit (i.e. not closet racism, para-suicidality or limited understanding of the way the world works)?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Back in the day we learnt English (grammar, spelling), how to debate and logic. I am sad to see that all of this has fallen by the wayside... :(

• Agree

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
When I first joined in order to learn more about electric bikes this tread could well have put me off, but now I find it most interesting.

Folk who know forums can jump past this post, it only newbies that could be disappointed by the none bike posts.
But that is what this part is for.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
This has to be one of the ugliest threads ever started on this site, a site that is so very different to the one I joined over eight-years-ago. :(

R.I.P Pedelecs UK.
Oh I don't know. The great hub versus derailleur fracas was pretty ugly, and it was nothing compared to the hub versus crank divide. Soon now let pen will win the French presidential election and the Italian referendum on constitutional change will go the wrong way. Then we will find ourselves in a no mans land that will make for difficult upset.

Reactions: robdon and Croxden

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Oh I don't know. The great hub versus derailleur fracas was pretty ugly, and it was nothing compared to the hub versus crank divide. Soon now let pen will win the French presidential election and the Italian referendum on constitutional change will go the wrong way. Then we will find ourselves in a no mans land that will make for difficult upset.
Stark, staring, raving mad!, my thoughts go out to those who share the same house with you:eek:

Advertisers