Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Greed is usually a force for good.

if you compare the power of a few ultra rich individuals against the power of a few top religious leaders and politicians, I would argue that although all of them are limited by human lifespan, politicians and religious cause a lot more atrocities than those who control the great fortunes.
Except for the fact that the Politicians tend to be operating under the control of the rich.
"Who controls the issuance of money controls the government!"
Nathan Meyer Rothschild
Still the case today
And that person(s) tells them exactly what they can do...

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This in the Daily Mail?
"
Brexit is no joke, Lord Feldman rages at Michael Gove: Former Tory chairman 'shouts' that Environment Secretary is to blame for leading Britain to 'disaster' at secret dinner
  • Tory Lord Feldman lashed out after Gove impersonated German EU bureaucrat
  • Accused him of treating Brexit as 'joke' and said he was responsible for 'disaster'
  • Row started when Gove opened a dinner with a pun referring to EU Secretary General Martin Selmayr
Pro-Brexit Tories claim Mr Selmayr is behind attempts to 'punish' Britain for leaving his cherished EU. Mr Gove responded to Brexit suggestions from guests by explaining how they could be demolished by Mr Selmayr.

Lord Feldman is said to have told him: 'It is time you treated this seriously and not as a joke. We are heading for a complete bloody disaster. You got us into this mess and you clearly have no Plan B and not the remotest idea how to get us out of it.'

One MP said: 'Michael behaved more like a stand-up comic than a Cabinet Minister.'

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thank Goodness! for a moment I didn't realise it was a Joke!
He (Minford) said:
“It could not be more open and shut who least wants a breakdown.
For the UK a breakdown would be a short term nuisance but a substantial economic gain. For the EU it is both a short term nuisance and a substantial economic loss.”

he is a bit economical with the truth, it will hurt both sides about as much.
In truth, he reveals the approximate size of the economic benefit of membership.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Amazing how Moggy forgets the earlier speeches he made
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/final-say-brexit-latest-conservative-mp-explain-speeches-second-referendum-a8477686.html

The beggar actually suggested a second referendum!
In a speech in 2012, he said the government should first spell out what sort of relationship it wanted with the EU, and put this to a public vote in a “mandate referendum”.

A second vote should then take place after negotiations with the EU, he said. In this “decision referendum”, “the British people would either approve the new negotiated relationship, or if it was not good enough, it would trigger the negotiation to leave the Union”.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Lord Feldman is said to have told him: 'It is time you treated this seriously and not as a joke. We are heading for a complete bloody disaster. You got us into this mess and you clearly have no Plan B and not the remotest idea how to get us out of it.'
apparently, Michael Gove is now 'enemy of the people'.
well, he is TM's current human shield.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The things people say!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jwebb/2016/05/30/mafia-expert-robert-saviano-denounces-london-as-the-the-most-corrupt-place-on-earth/#74eaf6551261
Saviano is now turning his sights on the British capital, which he described over the weekend as the center of an international network of bribery and crime.

“If I asked what is the most corrupt place on Earth, you might say it’s Afghanistan, maybe Greece, Nigeria, the south of Italy,” he said at the Hay Festival. “I would say it is the UK. It’s not UK bureaucracy, police, or politics, but what is corrupt is the financial capital. Ninety per cent of the owners of capital in London have their headquarters offshore.”

Well I never! who could possibly think such a thing?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Reader comment of the day in the independent
"
ferretpossum7 hours ago
The Remoaning Saboteurs need to get over it. Leave won the 2016 referendum and the people clearly knew what they were voting for. I myself remember that slogan "Instead of Sending £350 Million to the EU Why Don't We Experience Food Shortages and Possible Civil Unrest?" Also the similarly catchy, "Instead of Sending £350 Million To The EU, Why Don't We Choose To Live in Something That Probably Won't Be Quite As Bad As a Mad Max Film?" And who can forget , "Instead of Sending £350 Million To The EU, Why Don't We Allow Nigel Farage to Make a Packet Shorting The Pound in the Vague Hope That Things Might Be A Bit Better 50 Years From Now?" NO to a second referendum! I, for one, am looking forward to drinking my own urine and shooting looters!

Commended.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Mr Gove responded to Brexit suggestions from guests by explaining how they could be demolished by Mr Selmayr.
As if this Selmayr chap is the ONLY person who could screw up brexit! There are abundant opportunities for untold numbers of people to screw it up. People in all countries of the Eu and the UK - and quite possibly elsewhere. If something awful happened to Selmayr today, such that he were taken out of the equation, it most certainly would not make everything plain sailing.

My stand-up comic contribution: Obviously doesn't look in the mirror when he shaves. Or at half the rest of his party, government, cabinet.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Reader comment of the day in the independent
"
ferretpossum7 hours ago
The Remoaning Saboteurs need to get over it. Leave won the 2016 referendum and the people clearly knew what they were voting for.
@36.00 minutes

Check out the current PM's nodding dog rear parcel shelf impression prior to this statement

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I, for one, am looking forward to drinking my own urine and shooting looters!
Not long to wait now for that gentleman; DE day, (defeat by Europe.....but in reality, a self-inflicted injury) is just the other side of the coming winter.

Like OG, I am now rather looking forward to it and I'm pretty sure some of our more entrepreneurial retailers will do a nice line in sovereignty. Sadly, few will have the dosh to buy any.

If you keep a close watch on the 'Money Saving Expert's website, you'll probably see a link soon to where you can buy the stuff, with a recommendation to stock up now.

Tom

Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Like OG, I am now rather looking forward to it and I'm pretty sure some of our more entrepreneurial retailers will do a nice line in sovereignty. Sadly, few will have the dosh to buy any.
Actually Tom sovereignty isn't too expensive to enjoy, one only needs the fare to the Isle of Man.

There they are not part of the EU, nor part of the UK. They make all of their laws in their own parliament, the oldest in the world. As a Crown Dependency, nominally the Queen is Head of State but by custom leaves them to entirely self-govern.

Although not in any way part of the EU or subject to any EU laws and regulations, the Isle of Man can trade tariff free with all of the EU member countries. So despite what Michel Barnier says, it is possible to have one's EU cake and eat it.

Nor do their benefits stop there. They get all their defence and their diplomatic services provided free of charge by the UK, despite not being in the UK, thereby having even more cake and eating it. The IoM income per capita ranks 5th in the world, the UK's 22nd in the world, so they really do have it made.

Perhaps instead of handing in article 50, we should have left Europe by making the UK an Isle of Man dependency, free to trade with Europe and the rest of the world while doing our own thing in all respects.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
unfortunately, the Isle of Man is in the EU customs union.
If it weren't, I'd be tempted to setup there.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm looking forward to seeing"t he goodness flowing"&"social cohesion" at work[emoji41]
Not long to wait now for that gentleman; DE day, (defeat by Europe.....but in reality, a self-inflicted injury) is just the other side of the coming winter.

If you keep a close watch on the 'Money Saving Expert's website, you'll probably see a link soon to where you can buy the stuff, with a recommendation to stock up now.

Tom
Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'm looking forward to seeing "the goodness flowing"&"social cohesion" at work[emoji41]

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
you should look at EFTA membership.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Buy a ship - set up on that. Remember Radio Caroline, et al?
It would be a bit difficult for Tuffnells to come to collect the bikes for delivery.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Buy a ship - set up on that. Remember Radio Caroline, et al?
Good idea, but best used the opposite way round by using national waters. Got some UK orders after Brexit? Sail into UK waters, drop anchor and assemble the bikes, sticking on a union jack. Sail into port and hand over the UK made bikes tariff free to the delivering courier.

EU orders, sail into EU waters and do the same, using a CE sticker for your EN15194 approved designs.

Advertisers