Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I had 28 years in education/social care/civil service/health service. (Yes, in modern parlance it was a multidisciplinary effort)
I can never remember visiting anyone, working with any of public who I didnt think were worthy causes for either the attention or financial help they recieved. Quite the reverse, my over riding emotion was normally "poor buggers" and "there for grace of god".
Talking percentages is irrelevant. If 22% need help, well so be it.
Yes, we can all read about people taking advantage in DM, but the actual cost is miniscule. For every one there are hundreds on edge of survival.
Nothing flecc now says surprises me.
And AK's arguments actually back up Finger's opinion.
In fleccs social utopia women wouldnt have a vote and half of disabled would have their allowance stopped. That's a strange attitude for one so supportive of Corbyn.
Come on now! own up, who turned his stone over?
Here we go again :oops:

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You said something wrong and deplorable. Own it and apologise.
Nonsense, what I posted was entirely justified, and the posts responding in support show that to be true. Are the people of the UK substantially more genetically disposed to be disabled, or is the truth that the disabled excess in the UK is made up of people who could be off the register? Obviously the latter is the truth.

Those are the people I'm posting about, not the severely disabled as was entirely clear, except to someone like you, seeking to use any excuse to insult.

And it's also nonsense to say that the black economy is only due to migrant labour. As well as my past knowledge through relevant employment, of all those I still know working in the black economy, not one is a migrant. The undocumented cash economy in the UK remains very large, still presenting an intractable problem for the authorities.

Switching to a cashless economy would be very revealing.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Nonsense, what I posted was entirely justified, and the posts responding in support show that to be true. Are the people of the UK substantially more genetically disposed to be disabled, or is the truth that the disabled excess in the UK is made up of people who could be off the register? Obviously the latter is the truth.

Those are the people I'm posting about, not the severely disabled as was entirely clear, except to someone like you, seeking to use any excuse to insult.

And it's also nonsense to say that the black economy is only due to migrant labour. As well as my past knowledge through relevant employment, of all those I still know working in the black economy, not one is a migrant. The undocumented cash economy in the UK remains very large, still presenting an intractable problem for the authorities.

Switching to a cashless economy would be very revealing.
I wonder how many of those agreeing with you are claiming some allowance or other? Those same folk knocking people who have investments but taking their pensions. Those same people having a go at DM and leavers and then believing the"Tory Mouthpiece" ( or any other right wing media) when it suits. You and your supporters couldnt have an original thought if one hit you. You are brainwashed flecc but a weird mixture.
Perhaps you could be rather more specific about the group you think are ripping country off. Not seriously disabled, then what.???
Your true feelings do shine through flecc and its not very nice, no matter how many likes on here you get. (from the likes of OG, Robdon, Old Tom and JA? Think I d rather get dislikes from that crowd thanks)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There is a strong rumour that numbers weren't helped by the Government disappearing many of the Unemployed who had health issues onto the disabled register too.
It's more than a rumour, at one time in the 1980s it was government policy. The situation that produced has created a problem ever since for successive governments.

The trouble is now that the attempts to correct this continuing situation all too often target the innocent who really are deserving, while missing those who are more skilled at concealing their true situation.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I wonder how many of those agreeing with you are claiming some allowance or other? Those same folk knocking people who have investments but taking their pensions. Those same people having a go at DM and leavers and then believing the"Tory Mouthpiece" ( or any other right wing media) when it suits. You and your supporters couldnt have an original thought if one hit you. You are brainwashed flecc but a weird mixture.
Perhaps you could be rather more specific about the group you think are ripping country off. Not seriously disabled, then what.???
Your true feelings do shine through flecc and its not very nice, no matter how many likes on here you get. (from the likes of OG, Robdon, Old Tom and JA? Think I d rather get dislikes from that crowd thanks)
look at your last post, you began with what can only be described as a bragging session intended to establish you as an expert in the nonsense rant that followed.
And this latest one is even worse, accusing anyone who disagrees with you as a scrounger and a hypocrite.
What kind of a health service would employ someone in the roles you claim to have fulfilled with such an antagonistic attitude?
You even managed to get in a "dig" at me!
Sorry but you are a fraud, and this latest post is simply another of your flights of fancy.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It's more than a rumour, at one time in the 1980s it was government policy. The situation that produced has created a problem ever since for successive governments.

The trouble is now that the attempts to correct this continuing situation all too often target the innocent who really are deserving, while missing those who are more skilled at concealing their true situation.
We could stop all state pensions. That would save loads more. Have you actually met anyone in this particular group or is it all supposition. And BTW flecc 1980 is almost 40 years ago.
Anybody thinking claiming disabilitty allowances in any of their forms is easy doesnt know what they are talking about. If anything its too stringent now. I, m shocked at your stance flecc.You are talking rubbish and its offensive to lots of folk justifyably claiming.
There are lots of injustices and things we should be putting right. We should be tackling all those before even looking at disability payments. We ought to be moaning about knife crime, pay gaps, in equality, discrimination, crime, health service but no we have a go a disability claimants.
And even tho that stupid fecker is on ignore I, d bet anything he, s now on my case with some insult. Bet he, s claiming something aswell. The ugly allowance. He qualifies easy.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We could stop all state pensions. That would save loads more. Have you actually met anyone in this particular group or is it all supposition. And BTW flecc 1980 is almost 40 years ago.
This nonsense could drag on for days, he imagines it stopped back then?
When we have an official figure of 4.5% and a true one over 20% unemployed?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Anybody thinking claiming disabilitty allowances in any of their forms is easy doesnt know what they are talking about. If anything its too stringent now. I, m shocked at your stance flecc.You are talking rubbish and its offensive to lots of folk justifyably claiming.
There are lots of injustices and things we should be putting right. We should be tackling all those before even looking at disability payments. We ought to be moaning about knife crime, pay gaps, in equality, discrimination, crime, health service but no we have a go a disability claimants.
And even tho that stupid fecker is on ignore I, d bet anything he, s now on my case with some insult. Bet he, s claiming something aswell. The ugly allowance. He qualifies easy.
And this individual claims to have worked for 28 years as an angel of mercy?
laughable.
I claim for nothing whatever and receive no help, or even advice with looking after my wife who has mixed dementia, in fact since she was diagnosed 18months ago there has been a complete silence from anyone in the NHS on the subject, it's simply a case of carrying on regardless, so I am not impressed by his remarks, not impressed at all.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Do others agree with me that Andrea Leadsom is the most insipid member of the government. She has that womens institute aura and patronising tone and yet is either thick or hides behind a cloak of holier than thou....but to suggest that TM should try to get the backstop taken out of the withdrawal agreement,bet that made Juncker spill his cognac.!!!!
Quote....
Leader of the House Andrea Leadsom said it would be "fantastic if Angela Merkel will try to support a proper UK Brexit by agreeing to reopen the withdrawal agreement".
Ms Leadsom added there had been rumours that senior members of the German government would be willing to do that....rumours/informed sources etc,hehe !!!
KudosDave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The indications from the EU meetings of now,are not good if one wants,as I do, an extension. It would appear that the Germans are not succeeding in convincing the French. Mrs May will need to have something to offer tomorrow.
You know Robon has a point, there is no dialogue to be had with some people. A simple dislike is all these Comments deserve.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The indications from the EU meetings of now,are not good if one wants,as I do, an extension. It would appear that the Germans are not succeeding in convincing the French. Mrs May will need to have something to offer tomorrow.
You know Robon has a point, there is no dialogue to be had with some people. A simple dislike is all these Comments deserve.

Rob only has a head wand that's why he doesn't offer anything to the discussion apart from nudging the dislike button.

Actually I might stick him on ignore as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: oyster and Zlatan

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Rob only has a head wand that's why he doesn't offer anything to the discussion apart from nudging the dislike button.

Seing the way you post you should probably just put all other forum members on ignore and continue living in your own private la-la land...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Untrue.

He's given over 3000 Agrees, 521 Disagrees and only 196 Dislikes.

Rob has a point, there's no value in communicating with those who only come in here to insult and abuse. Just indicating one's displeasure is enough. It's why I don't reply any more to Zlatan's boringly repetitive attacks on me.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Yep, stop arguing fingers. You know you are wrong and shouldnt point out fault in others. This little cabal is perfect without you and me upsetting them all.
We shouldnt be allowed to judge others without putting ourselves in firing line. We should earn right to use like/dislike by posting.
Mind you I can see attraction if nobody posted. And, I stopped using dislike button months ago, made exception for Danidl, there isnt a condescending button.
Flecc, you missed out on PC speak course. I, m not attacking you at all, just the BS you often spout.
No doubt the depression over Hull will be gleaning over this to feel attacked and have some new (old) insult.. Glass houses OG,(and stones) dont like heat stay out the kitchen. Or you could always put me on ignore like I tried with you.
Meanwhile, back OT.
Government should have offered us May's deal or No Deal months ago in ref2. Remain could then have forced a GE if No deal won had Corbyn had any sense. We, ve had May's deal for months. Stupid leadership wait till last minute to try and sort it. Crazy.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Do others agree with me that Andrea Leadsom is the most insipid member of the government. She has that womens institute aura and patronising tone and yet is either thick or hides behind a cloak of holier than thou....but to suggest that TM should try to get the backstop taken out of the withdrawal agreement,bet that made Juncker spill his cognac.!!!!
Quote....
Leader of the House Andrea Leadsom said it would be "fantastic if Angela Merkel will try to support a proper UK Brexit by agreeing to reopen the withdrawal agreement".
Ms Leadsom added there had been rumours that senior members of the German government would be willing to do that....rumours/informed sources etc,hehe !!!
KudosDave
she is one of the unicorn dreamers.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yep, stop arguing fingers. You know you are wrong and shouldnt point out fault in others. This little cabal is perfect without you and me upsetting them all.
We shouldnt be allowed to judge others without putting ourselves in firing line. We should earn right to use like/dislike by posting.
Mind you I can see attraction if nobody posted. And, I stopped using dislike button months ago, made exception for Danidl, there isnt a condescending button.
Flecc, you missed out on PC speak course. I, m not attacking you at all, just the BS you often spout.
No doubt the depression over Hull will be gleaning over this to feel attacked and have some new (old) insult.. Glass houses OG,(and stones) dont like heat stay out the kitchen. Or you could always put me on ignore like I tried with you.
Meanwhile, back OT.
Government should have offered us May's deal or No Deal months ago in ref2. Remain could then have forced a GE if No deal won had Corbyn had any sense. We, ve had May's deal for months. Stupid leadership wait till last minute to try and sort it. Crazy.
I wonder why this fella can't understand that he isn't making any friends, and simple stick to posting like a normal person?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Look at what McDonell is involved with at moment. We, ve got government bordering on inoperational, wrong side at that. We, ve got whole world watching our mess up, and he chooses to mobilise Momentum against Barclays Bank for investing in fossil fuel companies( which BTW just happen to be leaders in renewable energy). First action of its kind. He, s demonstrating just how caring of environment he is. BS. He, s scoring points to leftish students with FA else to worry about. Its a joke. Worse than Unicorn.
And the quote from Guardian by a Momentum leader in Redcar outside a bank..
IMG_20190409_173657.jpg
Adding "she is our comrade"
They, ll send her an apology when Barclays go bust.
This is our labour opposition showing how unqualified they are to run country. And its in the Guardian... Shooting themselves in foot or what. Every time. Every one a winner....for the tories.
Apparently depression in Hull supports our Labour party demonstrating its incapability. Not sure why but there you go. Oh, yes, its because I posted it.
Perhaps if they get in power Momentum will roll up to help against knife crime, or join in Surfers Against Sewage. Labour party, or any party, should not be taking action like this. It should be outlawed.
Suppose they take a dislike to Greggs, or Mike Ashley. Are they going to send Momentum around.
Its a dangerous political development we should all be wary of and its slipped in with little media coverage. Are they going to start wearing Brown Shirts perhaps...??
If McDonnel thinks Barclays are behaving underhand or against environment or illegally we have proper channels to take action, he should be thinking of laws to change behaviour for when/if he gets in power not sending students and easily led on demonstrations, especially at moment.

Or perhaps some on here think Tories could start a counter group. Kinetic Energy would be a good name.
The whole premise is wrong but most on here wont care. Momentun are anti Brexit this week. I think. We,ll ask JC.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Isnt that all of them??
Andrea Leadsom said "it would be fantastic if Angela Merkel will try to support a proper UK Brexit by agreeing to reopen the withdrawal agreement".
She is dreaming, it's not going to happen this week, not next week nor next month.
JRM now expects 'fabulous opportunities for brexit ... in 50 years'.

Advertisers