Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Eh no. The majority overall would prefer no Brexit. A majority in a Unionist camp would prefer a very very soft Brexit, and decreasing numbers towards harder Brexits. Then finally one comes to very hard line "Republican" agitators who look forward to the chaos,and the opportunities it presents
You are wrong there.
This is a study from Queen university, Belfast.
Go to page 33, there is a summary there.
https://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/brexitni/BrexitandtheBorder/Report/Filetoupload,820734,en.pdf

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
So you are saying that we need to present a very real threat that we will leave the EU without a deal in the hope that will scare them into offering a better deal than May’s deal?

Ok, so you are clearly not afraid to leave the EU without a deal. So why should the EU be afraid of no deal if you aren’t? What makes your position superior to that of the EU?

Cue more tumbleweed.
Not saying that at all. What I am saying is that our negotiating position was weakened by our parliament being divided and not supporting the result. The EU saw that and realised they could offer a deal that was to their benefit and not a benefit for all. And now the idiots have totally taken any negotiating power from the UK. Perversely this may result in the no deal they are so scared of. Have you seen the reports of the crisis in the EU. They are on the brink of recession and no deal would probably push them over the edge. They are terrified that we may be successful without them, which is why they still want to control us.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Thanks mate.

I never forget your million subscribers.
Still proud of your first and biggest lie when you came up with that?, and now changing it from "viewers" to "subscribers"?
My you are being creative, but then editing lies is after all your trade.

• :D
Reactions: Fingers

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Not saying that at all. What I am saying is that our negotiating position was weakened by our parliament being divided and not supporting the result. The EU saw that and realised they could offer a deal that was to their benefit and not a benefit for all. And now the idiots have totally taken any negotiating power from the UK. Perversely this may result in the no deal they are so scared of. Have you seen the reports of the crisis in the EU. They are on the brink of recession and no deal would probably push them over the edge. They are terrified that we may be successful without them, which is why they still want to control us.
Parliament took away Bojo's kamikaze tactic, not our ability to negotiate.
We have to pay membership fees until end of 2020, very difficult to wriggle out of it.
Until then, we can either be in or out, the EU will still get their money.
If we are out, then we can talk to the EU about the future trade, if we are in, we can't. That's the difference.
The rest is up to our parliament.
What Bojo tries to do is to pretend that sovereignty lies with a particular vote in June 2016 and not with parliament. You want to believe him but he is not right.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It still hasn't sunk in, has it? we don't actually have a negotiating position that can override the restrictions that the EU has to abide by to satisfy the other member states.
The rest is simply nonsense
They will tell us what we can have, it's quite simple really we don't have the upper hand, never had and never will.

I really don't know why you cling on to this "Victim" viewpoint.
Your side is in power and always has been, they did their best, you didn't like it.
Do you really think the idiot Johnson can do any better, when everyone over there regards him as an untrustworthy liar?

They will give the liar king crumbs to help him con the gullible leavers , who by now will accept anything if it is made to look like a victory and a defeat for the EU.
By the way this is rather humorous
"They are terrified that we may be successful without them, which is why they still want to control us."

Where did this joke originate? just who is going to make this country successful, when the financial wizards are betting Five Billion pounds on Brexit failing?

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
We have to pay membership fees until end of 2020, very difficult to wriggle out of it.
If we are out, then we can talk to the EU about the future trade, if we are in, we can't. That's the difference.
What Bojo tries to do is to pretend that sovereignty lies with a particular vote in June 2016 and not with parliament. You want to believe him but he is not right.

You have to accept that negotiating without the ability to say no thanks is a massive hindrance.

They can put anything on the table and say that's it. Take it or take it.

You can argue May was an idiot. But that is another argument.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You have to accept that negotiating without the ability to say no thanks is a massive hindrance.

May tried the thread of No Deal remember? and it failed, why would a failed tactic be successful just because we get a bumbling moron to threaten it again?
And what sort of threat is it anyway?
Give in to our demands or we will cause disaster to ourselves to be a minor nuisance to you?
And afterwards we demand you be nice to us and give us a better trade deal than anyone else has.

• Disagree
Reactions: daveboy and Zlatan

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
It still hasn't sunk in, has it? we don't actually have a negotiating position that can override the restrictions that the EU has to abide by to satisfy the other member states.
The rest is simply nonsense
They will tell us what we can have, it's quite simple really we don't have the upper hand, never had and never will.

I really don't know why you cling on to this "Victim" viewpoint.
Your side is in power and always has been, they did their best, you didn't like it.
Do you really think the idiot Johnson can do any better, when everyone over there regards him as an untrustworthy liar?

They will give the liar king crumbs to help him con the gullible leavers , who by now will accept anything if it is made to look like a victory and a defeat for the EU.
By the way this is rather humorous
"They are terrified that we may be successful without them, which is why they still want to control us."

Where did this joke originate? just who is going to make this country successful, when the financial wizards are betting Five Billion pounds on Brexit failing?

Your opinion is skewed.

You are a frothing at the mouth remainist.

No matter what happens you will say it is wrong.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
May tried the thread of No Deal remember? and it failed, why would a failed tactic be successful just because we get a bumbling moron to threaten it again?
And what sort of threat is it anyway?
Give in to our demands or we will cause disaster to ourselves to be a minor nuisance to you?

You cannot be taken seriously.

You are a fundamentalist.

If the EU said you had to hop every Sunday for one hour you would do it and attack others that didn't conform to their edict.

You are completely biased.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You cannot be taken seriously.

You are a fundamentalist.

If the EU said you had to hop every Sunday for one hour you would do it and attack others that didn't conform to their edict.

You are completely biased.
Fingers you are Rambling again, You live in a dream world of nonsense.

Reactions: wheeler

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I dare say that when you go to your suppliers to negotiate you don't say. "By the way. I will take any price you give me. I won't bother trying anybody else". This seems to me to be your position on Brexit. Accept anything they are minded to offer.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

nothing, nobody will stop Bojo or a future government leaving the EU without a deal when parliament agrees.
We would still have to pay membership fees until end of 2020.
The point I tried to make to Gray198 is we have a parliamentary system, government governs with the consent of parliament, not directly by people's consent. The tory indeed governs with about 35% of the people's vote.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You are wrong there.
This is a study from Queen university, Belfast.
Go to page 33, there is a summary there.
https://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/brexitni/BrexitandtheBorder/Report/Filetoupload,820734,en.pdf
Woosh, you are normally a little more circumspect than this. See the title. It describes the consequences of different levels of Brexit..not the obvious one of No Brexit. The option of No Brexit was not available and is discussed nowhere in the report. What this says is consistent with my argument.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Huge disruption in Paris as workers protest over pension reforms which will mean they can’t retire until they are 63. They certainly know how to protest over there.

If our government imposed a retirement age of 63, I wonder how much protest that would bring:)

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
No. This is the wishful thinking school of fantasy. The EU knew well in advance all the capabilities of the British Economy..as indeed did many experts in the UKs diplomatic and civil service. When the surprise result emerged, they both were gobsmacked. The EU then went around,in the person of Barnier to see what the 27 countries would be happy with. They also listed all the legal entities which would be affected.
The UK side of course consulted widely internally with all its stakeholders, ran focus meeting groups, set up expert groups ...,invited the majors , local chambers of commerce and Local authority CEOs to think tanks and devise a strategy ???? .

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I dare say that when you go to your suppliers to negotiate you don't say. "By the way. I will take any price you give me. I won't bother trying anybody else". This seems to me to be your position on Brexit. Accept anything they are minded to offer.
You dare say wrong, where does "trying anybody else" come into the equation when you are trying to negotiate Brexit?
Are you suggesting we should negotiate the Brexit deal with India or China ?
And you really don't grasp the situation we are in
Before we start negotiations we already know the rules every bit as much as the opposition, after all we helped formulate them!
We know full well what we can get and are entitled to expect, this is not some barter going on in the street, but trying to gain additional conditions on our part , over and beyond what is reasonable in accordance and compliance the of rules we were a party to formulating, and previously legally endorsed.
Lets get this straight we know as well as they do what they can offer, and they have done so already.
Now you want to change the rules of engagement to gain terms no one else is entitled to, and neither are we, by our own rules!
Accept anything they are minded to offer?
We are trying for something they simply can't give without breaking faith with the other member states.
And why should they? we are the ones who voted to leave and now want to bend our own rules!

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

You must also be reasonable in your demands, otherwise it is not a negotiation,it is a rant.
Both sides ..or at least the EU side knows that ultimately a Deal must be done. You cannot have a gaping hole in the side of the building, Belatedly Westminster has come to a similar view.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Huge disruption in Paris as workers protest over pension reforms which will mean they can’t retire until they are 63. They certainly know how to protest over there.

If our government imposed a retirement age of 63, I wonder how much protest that would bring:)
They will get away with 75 here

Advertisers