Brexit, for once some facts.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Our parliament will tell him to extend A50 to the end of 2020, that will give us enough time to prepare for a no deal.
we've had 3 years to prepare for that, but in the words of the great man '' we spaffed it up the wall''

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You are a defeatist and one of the people who think we cannot possibly live without the EU. Yes there will be problems and possibly shortages for a while but we will survive. Why will goods be rotting on the ports??
Because they are delayed by paperwork problems? and other physical compliance checks? do you really need to have basic facts explained to you?
How can it be that your government is warning of this and you don't see why it should happen?
Don't you even believe the people you are supporting to tell you the truth?

And here is a question for you , who in their right mind wants to lose the comfortable and safe standard of living we have because leave voters put a cross in a box?
Why on earth are you expecting people who didn't vote for this madness to suffer because you did that?
Of for that matter the ones who did vote for it on the basis of the Glowing promises and Boris saying he want this to be the best country in the world to live in?

Why is it defeatist not to want to suffer for someone else's mad delusions when it is so obviously unnecessary?
I did live before the EU, because of that I know what a big improvement being in the EEC and then the EU has brought.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You are a defeatist and one of the people who think we cannot possibly live without the EU. Yes there will be problems and possibly shortages for a while but we will survive. Why will goods be rotting on the ports??
Survival?. Was that the objective?. Thrive was what I understood, Best in the World, people screaming to do deals .
No I am no defeatist.. I and my country are Remaining in the EU

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
we've had 3 years to prepare for that, but in the words of the great man '' we spaffed it up the wall''
Sorry but are you actually referring to that loathsome lying cheat Johnson as a great man?
Compared with what? William Joyce?
I shall ask you that question in a couple of months after he rats on the leavers.
Heres another lie

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Survival?. Was that the objective?. Thrive was what I understood, Best in the World, people screaming to do deals .
No I am no defeatist.. I and my country are Remaining in the EU
Yes I suppose they can keep taking the handouts. Are you a net contributor or a taker

Reactions: daveboy

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Because they are delayed by paperwork problems? and other physical compliance checks? do you really need to have basic facts explained to you?
How can it be that your government is warning of this and you don't see why it should happen?
Don't you even believe the people you are supporting to tell you the truth?

And here is a question for you , who in their right mind wants to lose the comfortable and safe standard of living we have because leave voters put a cross in a box?
Why on earth are you expecting people who didn't vote for this madness to suffer because you did that?
Of for that matter the ones who did vote for it on the basis of the Glowing promises and Boris saying he want this to be the best country in the world to live in?

Why is it defeatist not to want to suffer for someone else's mad delusions when it is so obviously unnecessary?
I did live before the EU, because of that I know what a big improvement being in the EEC and then the EU has brought.

It amazes me that we created the biggest Empire in the history of the world with your defeatist genes swirling around our pool.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It amazes me that we created the biggest Empire in the history of the world with your defeatist genes swirling around our pool.
And this is supposed to have been a good thing? do you imagine that was enviable courage at work rather than acts of deplorable piracy?
Fingers, you choose the worst possible examples to use when you insist on making a fool of yourself.
And lets examine your statement, I have championed the cause of membership of the EU as being in the best interest of the public in 100% of the many posts I have made despite insults lies and nonsense you and others have posted, and responded resolutely to every attack and you call that defeatist?
Once again you display a breathtaking ignorance of human nature.
You really must "up your game" to be taken seriously.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yes I suppose they can keep taking the handouts. Are you a net contributor or a taker
We get handouts too, it's done in response to need, to try and raise the general level of the Quality of life throughout the EU.but that sort of impulse is alien to you, isn't it, you think you are somehow being ignored and robbed.
Don't you see how paltry and greedy the sort of comment you just made sounds?
Bitter and twisted describes it exactly.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Well what do you know.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been commented on by our resident conspiracy myth spreader. Day after day we heard that it was only a matter of time before the leave campaign were about to be locked up. It was only a matter of time said a certain Hull resident.

Convinced he was.

I wasn’t. Guess who was right.

Yeah. It was me.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Yes there will be problems and possibly shortages for a while but we will survive.
I don’t remember Gove, Johnson or Farage saying that it will be a case of survival and shortages in the run up to the referendum. Brexit was supposed to be all sunshine, easiest deals ever struck with the EU and all of us being better off. Remember?

How did it turn from the promised sunny uplands to shortages, survival and spending thousands of millions of pounds trying to fend off SOME of the damage? How did you allow them to do this to you?

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Why not? he will produce the same impression a brick leaves thirty seconds after it was tossed into the humber

I dare say I would make a splash in your dreary provincial town.

I would be bound to make waves with my natural charm and big city wit.

Good analogy for once.

• Dislike

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
When I was working, I like to think that my contribution assisted Irelands economic development , so that now, and for the past three years, we have been a net contributor to the EU budget.
Had the UK chosen more wisely in its choice of representatives, then it might have been able to answer questions such as you have posed, and been more engaged in EU programs ,increasing the value for UK citizens

Last edited:

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I don’t remember Gove, Johnson or Farage saying that it will be a case of survival and shortages in the run up to the referendum. Brexit was supposed to be all sunshine, easiest deals ever struck with the EU and all of us being better off. Remember?

How did it turn from the promised sunny uplands to shortages, survival and spending thousands of millions of pounds trying to fend off SOME of the damage? How did you allow them to do this to you?
You bought it hook line and sinker.

You were the one that was fooled. Gray would still vote out today. He wasn’t taken in by anything or anyone.

There is only one mug here I’m afraid. On,y one person who was persuaded by the most basic propaganda and blatant lies.

I can see why you are angry about it. No one wants to be taken for a fool.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well what do you know.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been commented on by our resident conspiracy myth spreader. Day after day we heard that it was only a matter of time before the leave campaign were about to be locked up. It was only a matter of time said a certain Hull resident.

Convinced he was.

I wasn’t. Guess who was right.

Yeah. It was me.
Really? it wasn't was it? they have not been exonerated and this can be resurrected and the case isn't closed, simply deferred

Police say Brexit campaign broke law but claim insufficient evidence to continue

So the police have been been given 2000 documents and there is insufficient evidence?
And when the regime changes, watch what happens

You are not right yet
What a comedy, a judicial enquiry will fix that when it comes, the important thing is that they have been pronounced guilty.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You bought it hook line and sinker.

You were the one that was fooled. Gray would still vote out today. He wasn’t taken in by anything or anyone.

There is only one mug here I’m afraid. On,y one person who was persuaded by the most basic propaganda and blatant lies.

I can see why you are angry about it. No one wants to be taken for a fool.
But you seem to revel in it, it doesn't say much for your judgement does it?

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Really? it wasn't was it? they have not been exonerated and this can be resurrected and the case isn't closed, simply deferred

Police say Brexit campaign broke law but claim insufficient evidence to continue

So the police have been been given 2000 documents and there is insufficient evidence?
And when the regime changes, watch what happens

You are not right yet
What a comedy, a judicial enquiry will fix that when it comes, the important thing is that they have been pronounced guilty.

Erm there is no case to answer.

Maybe it’s aliens?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I dare say I would make a splash in your dreary provincial town.

I would be bound to make waves with my natural charm and big city wit.

Good analogy for once.
Big city? what big city? Rotherham?
Rotherham is a large town in South Yorkshire, England, which together with its conurbation and outlying settlements to the north, south and south-east forms the Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham, with a recorded population of 257,280 in the 2011 census.

Hull, or Kingston upon Hull, is a port city in East Yorkshire, England. Where the River Hull meets the Humber Estuary, The Deep aquarium is a futuristic building with an underwater viewing tunnel and hands-on displays. In the old town’s Museums Quarter, the Streetlife Museum focuses on modes of transport. Wilberforce House, birthplace of William Wilberforce, documents the abolition of the slave trade.

Weather: 14 °C, Wind E at 5 mph (8 km/h), 61% Humidity
Population: 284,321 (2011) United Nations

Not much in it is there?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Erm there is no case to answer.

Maybe it’s aliens?
They were declared guilty of breaking the law, but there is no case to answer? clearly as usual you don't know what you are talking about.
Even for you that is pretty desperate, times are really hard for you leave fans when you are reduced to scraping the bottom of the barrel like that.

What do you plead? Not guilty of being guilty because the police can't make a case out of 2000 documents?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Advertisers