Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
and BoE say a hard brexit could push interest rates back up to 6.5%. Perhaps a little negative equity will help to recalibrate leave voters critical faculties.

All part of the plan.

We need to reset.

A hard Brexit. An election. Corbyn wins. Nationalise the railways and utilities.

Prices go down and everyone is a winner.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and daveboy

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Didn't we get to 15% at one point?
That was the bank rate for a short while in the mid Thatcher period, but mortgage rates were mainly set by longer term trends then. It just meant a brief halt in the housing market.

It was very profitable for me since I was able to buy almost £40k in government bonds at 15% interest paid for over 13 years. That almost trebled those savings with total security.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fingers

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
and BoE say a hard brexit could push interest rates back up to 6.5%.
That would do very nicely for me. I still think a hard Brexit will be a disaster though, especially for the credit junkies, many of who probably voted to hurt themselves in return for nothing that they can define.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
All part of the plan.

We need to reset.

A hard Brexit. An election. Corbyn wins. Nationalise the railways and utilities.

Prices go down and everyone is a winner.
In a word, no. What the BoE describe is stagflation ( falling productivity accompanied by rising inflation fuelled by duties and a falling pound rather than increased growth). Its a recipe for disaster. Think lower wages, rising unemployment that by far outstrip any benefit of lower house prices. I dont expect you to understand any of this (which is where negative equity could be useful as practical education)

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
In a word, no. What the BoE describe is stagflation ( falling productivity accompanied by rising inflation fuelled by duties and a falling pound rather than increased growth). Its a recipe for disaster. Think lower wages, rising unemployment that by far outstrip any benefit of lower house prices. I dont expect you to understand any of this (which is where negative equity could be useful as practical education)

The opposite is more likely to happen if that is what they forecast.

Sheeple like you swallow it everytime.

Every single time.

Like a guppy at feeding time.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
The opposite is more likely to happen if that is what they forecast.

Sheeple like you swallow it everytime.

Every single time.

Like a guppy at feeding time.
Nope. I own a business. Understanding basic economy is key to survival. your primitive logic ("they said so so it must be the opposite") would see you out on your ear in no time. Perhaps that's part of what needs to happen to leavers.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Nope. I own a business. Understanding basic economy is key to survival. your primitive logic ("they said so so it must be the opposite") would see you out on your ear in no time. Perhaps that's part of what needs to happen to leavers.
I hope you don't have any staff. You come across as a right ****.

• :D
Reactions: daveboy

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
For a moment then I thought you were talking about a Corbyn government. Then I realized it's only Brexit. Phew

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Well, I dont have any **** like you.
[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't be able to afford me in your guppy factory.

You guppy.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Telegraph this morning
Emerging shape of 'the deal' - Boris Johnson in talks with Brussels
Jean-Claude Juncker has said the EU can agree a new Brexit deal by Oct 31 as it emerged Boris Johnson wants a “take it or leave it” offer from Brussels.

And the Express
EU no deal Brexit PANIC: Boris given major boost as Juncker concedes UK ‘can have a deal’
BORIS JOHNSON’s hopes of an end to the Brexit deadlock were dramatically boosted last night when Jean-Claude Juncker said: “We can have a deal.” In a surprise intervention, the European Commission President signalled his readiness to consider the Prime Minister’s new proposals for a revised Withdrawal Agreement

Hmm, but we already have two deals, the good one as members the bad one negotiated by May.
Parliament needs to see what Cummings is up to

Incidentally not a single reader's comment was favourable, far from it.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Daily Mail, they are still trying to dredge some comfort from this debacle
Strained with worry for his daughter, this Labour activist berated the PM over a lack of doctors and nurses, but GUY ADAMS reveals that Whipps Cross hospital was on its knees under Labour... and the Tories poured in millions to rescue it

But there is much more to this story than that

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/07/barts-london-hospital-trust-biggest-overspend-nhs-history

This article is more than 3 years old
London hospital trust heading for biggest overspend in NHS history
This article is more than 3 years old
Health minister reveals Barts set to run up £134.9m deficit, as NHS sources say trusts cannot balance books due to poor funding

The trust runs four hospitals and they are all struggling, nothing has changed , except to get worse never mind the so called generosity of the Tories

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

Advertisers