Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Just another sign of the times. Almac is a major pharmaceutical company situated in Craigavon NI. ..Its actually very big and if you Google map it, you will see how big. Over the last 2.5 years they have built a brand new plant, down the road from us here in Dundalk. The new plant is ,I understand fully functional ,licenced and calibrated but in mothballs, with just the warehouse in use . It is waiting for the economic climate to change. Almac make no bones about this and have referenced it on their website.

In other news, and in a rare moment of agreement all political parties in the NI Assembly ( DUP, SF,Alliance,UUP ,etc ) .. you know the one which reopened last week, have censured the Withdrawal Agreement of BJ

• Informative
Reactions: oyster and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
A Brexit Party MEP has raised concerns that the UK will no longer have a voice in Europe on her last day sitting in the EU parliament.
a bit late in the day, still, there is time for a deal.

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
You should be ashamed of making fun of people with disabilities/deformities.
Cretinism is a disease.
Whilst I agree with your point about the word cretin/cretinism, it is more difficult when someone (OG in this case) is quoting someone else.

I have repeatedly complained to advertisers and media about improper use of the word. Thyroid disorders are all too close to me and mine. I feel it might be better were you to criticise Botty on Twitter.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You should be ashamed of making fun of people with disabilities/deformities.
Cretinism is a disease.
Not my words sunshine!
Where does the word Cretin come in my post? I called him an idiot
I'm not in the habit of being ashamed of other peoples opinions, just puzzled at your odd response

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
The Free Press Society and it's associates posted Tommy Robinson's acceptance speech on their Facebook pages. The speech was basically about how the mainstream media, Facebook and Twitter censor people with views that they don't agree with.

Facebook responded by deleting all their accounts. In response to that, various Danish MPs posted the speech video on their Facebook and Twitter accounts with an explanation about the censorship that was going on in the media, so Tommy Robinson went to the top of the trending list on Twitter and a massive discussion about censorship ensued. Facebook couldn't really delete the accounts of the MPS, so they decided to backtrack and calm down the storm by reinstating the deleted accounts.

It seems completely ironic that the Free Press Society or whatever they're called would be censored for posting a video about censorship.

Interestingly, after the speech, TR was invited onto the main Danish TV channel for an interview, which TR secretly recorded. By his comments on the Twitter post below, it looks like they did a cut and shut job on him, which he's about to expose.
What happened to your support for the post truth world we find ourselves in?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This one made me chuckle. I don't think this guy realised the Laurence Fox was being ironic when he said that he'd been radicalised by Youtube.

An interesting point jumped out further down the page:
I researched the most viewed British politicians by name. They were, in order, Boris Johnson, Tommy Robinson and Nigel Farage. It is worth bearing in mind that Theresa May was the prime minister at the time.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Fantastic!!
And one for the Looooosers on here, a snip at £6.99
:D:D
View attachment 33747
No doubt some simpletons will buy this, but on previous experience, too few to be other than a handful of mugs, who are happy to be exploited like sheep.

This is what their stupidity has bought for them

Probable Loss of Workers rights

Probable? what would the point of Brexit had been than to dismantle them otherwise?

This Mp seems to have changed her mind after voting for the withdrawal bill!
And of course in the Daily Express
After the "Winners" were promised the "Easiest trade deal ever" they now complain
"
Bitter EU delivers horror threat to punish UK with 'worst ever post-Brexit trade deal'
EUROPEAN leaders look set to play hardball with Boris Johnson by offering the UK a limited trade deal based on tougher terms than those signed with Canada, Japan and other leading trade partners.
"Brussels wants to ensure that the UK does not gain a competitive advantage by diverging from EU regulations. In an attempt to pressure the British government, The Daily Telegraph has revealed that the European Commission has threatened to withhold so-called Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs) if the UK seeks only a basic trade deal. MRAs are documents certifying that goods conform to European standards and facilitate the smooth movement of goods in key sectors, such as medicine and cars. "
"Brussels insists that it will not grant ‘zero tariff’ access to EU markets if the UK refuses to follow its rules on state subsidies and environmental controls.

Actually these are simply normal trading terms, the notion we can demand something on the basis we are somehow a "Special country" isn't working is it?

Last edited:
  • Informative

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And in the Daily Mail
Immigration looks set to to be back where it was before the Referendum as Boris is about to back out of another Leave campaign promise
"https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7911931/Downing-Street-hints-drop-post-Brexit-migrant-salary-threshold.html
Boris Johnson is poised to DROP £30,000 salary threshold for migrants after Brexit as the government insists new immigration system will be rolled out in full by January 2021
  • Theresa May wanted to impose the post-Brexit earnings threshold on migrants
  • Boris Johnson's new government has hinted it will ditch controversial proposal

Is there anything at all left of the promises made to the people who voted for Brexit? :D

• Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
An interesting point jumped out further down the page:
I researched the most viewed British politicians by name. They were, in order, Boris Johnson, Tommy Robinson and Nigel Farage. It is worth bearing in mind that Theresa May was the prime minister at the time.
that is just a consequence of their technique to keep people watching.
If you are a couch potato, you carry on watching the next 'related' video - Youtube find out that their 'echo chamber' technique works best with couch potatoes.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Fantastic!!
And one for the Looooosers on here, a snip at £6.99
:D:D
View attachment 33747
Everyone is a loser with respect to brexit.

The only thing is, some already know it and some have yet to realise it. (And some transient wins might serve to defer that realisation. Like being owner of a shipping company with no ships but lots of money.)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I wonder if a return to this will be another Brexit Bonus / Boris Bounce?

Upon reflection, there is probably no need for YTS now that politicians have discovered mass immigration as a means of allowing wealthy business owners to pay their employees less money. YTS was a bit, “sledgehammer” and transparent. People quickly saw through it for what it was, cheap labour, as the badge illustrates. Mass immigration is much more subtle and powerful tool. It allows those in control to spit on people and to call them a racist if they complain. This is much more effective way to silence the dissenters. Put on an “Immigration Cheap Labour” badge and you will need a canoe to paddle your way through all the spittle!

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The dimwits selling pro Brexit memorabilia failed to spot the true import of this badge

I think I might buy that one! :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers