Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
That’s good. Those Honda workers who voted themselves out of a job won’t go hungry now. Always thinking of ways to help the less fortunate these people.
How many seconds between grey squirrels being eaten?

Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd

Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd is a fully integrated car manufacturing plant that currently produces over 150,000 units per year.

We are the global production hub for the 10th generation Civic, with a new vehicle rolling off the line every 69 seconds. As Honda’s European flagship factory, we employ over 3,000 associates to build and export the Civic and Civic Type R to over 70 countries worldwide.

Our Factory
Our site spans over 370 acres to the Northeast of Swindon. Having previously been an airfield, Honda bought the site in 1985 and established Honda of the UK Manufacturing. Within twelve months, the site was operational and we started carrying out pre-delivery inspections on engines.

It was realised that there was scope to build engines here on site, and by 1989 we had opened our Engine Plant. In 1992, Car Plant One became fully operational and began producing the Honda Accord. Since then we have gone on to produce the Jazz, CR-V, Civic and Type R.

In 2015, we celebrated production of our three millionth car. In 2017, we launched the tenth generation Civic and the new Civic Type R.
https://www.hondamanufacturing.co.uk/

On LinkedIn:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
To put it another way

Or even more appropriately
Why have they made the new blue one look as if I am wearing the wrong glasses? (I don't even wear glasses for reading, at all.)

Partner has just bought some really nice blue leather (from Italy) - just right for passport cover making. And much closer to the old blue than this somewhat muddy effort.

Rather reminds me of the odd tradition of using blue-black ink in certain jobs. Was it register offices? And my primary school. :( A horrible not-blue/not-black colour.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Another Amber warning weekend (not in my little bit - we will only get yellow).

When will be start to get yellow, amber and red warnings about government plans?

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
The most remarkable thing for me is that it illustrates the futility of war. They never hated each other and laughed & joked together, but rewind to the war and they would have willingly killed each other because someone told them to. They weren’t stupid people either.

What’s the phrase, it’s easy to get the people to do the bidding of their leaders, you simply tell them they are under attack and denounce the pacifist as lacking patriotism.
Yes, but I think (without trying to score points) theres an analogy for brexit in there.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Why have they made the new blue one look as if I am wearing the wrong glasses? (I don't even wear glasses for reading, at all.)

Partner has just bought some really nice blue leather (from Italy) - just right for passport cover making. And much closer to the old blue than this somewhat muddy effort.

Rather reminds me of the odd tradition of using blue-black ink in certain jobs. Was it register offices? And my primary school. :( A horrible not-blue/not-black colour.
Interesting comment on the blue black ink.. It contains a lot of iron . So eventually when the pigment had leached, the registers would have red rust residue, for hundreds of years. My brother liked the taste of it,and would come home from school with a blue mouth and tongue.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Interesting comment on the blue black ink.. It contains a lot of iron . So eventually when the pigment had leached, the registers would have red rust residue, for hundreds of years. My brother liked the taste of it,and would come home from school with a blue mouth and tongue.
I'd forgotten about the blue-black mouths. But now you mention it, yes, there were some who seemed to enjoy gurning their odd coloured mouths and faces.

I hated the smell of it.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Its good to know that alternative sources of nourishment are readily available

This could come as good news for the last cannibal tribes in the depths of the Amazon rain forest that have never had the benefit of targetted adverts from the Conservative party, and are struggling to maintain their traditional life style since recruiting missionaries has declined and the pope won't improve the situation by letting priests marry :cool:
A friend of mine makes nice tasty grey squirrel pasties!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hilarious!
China has offered to build HS2
For a tneth of the cost and in five years
Vote Brexit and do wonders for employment in China eh?

Poor Boris, he must be drooling at this and mortified at what his master Mr Trump will say
If we are being honest , America's railways were built by Chinese coolees in the main, and ours by Irish Navvies

What this does demonstrate is just how inferior our industry and organisation is, and clearly demonstrates why this mad Brexit delusion is doomed.

Against Chinese competition we are opposing the Chinese Red Army with the Warmington on sea contingent of Dads Army.
Worse our Government is the Toy of an unelected nut case.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
China has offered to build HS2
Of course they can do so much better than us, they've gained so much experience in spanning their huge country with modern rail systems. It's true of nuclear power stations too, where we've lagged far behind.

How they'd cope with our workers and their wage levels I'm not so sure, though the Japanese managed ok at Nissan in the North East .

Advertisers