Brexit, for once some facts.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
This was a plan put forward then none other
That failing Grayling
The good news is that Brexit is all about making our own decisions and holding our own MPs to account, rather than distant, unaccountable & unelected EU bureaucrats making the decisions ( Michael Gove said this). I can’t wait to see what Grayling has to say when he’s hauled before a room full of journalists, all asking him to explain to the voting public how the Heathrow clusterfuck happened.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The good news is that Brexit is all about making our own decisions and holding our own MPs to account, rather than distant, unaccountable & unelected EU bureaucrats making the decisions ( Michael Gove said this). I can’t wait to see what Grayling has to say when he’s hauled before a room full of journalists, all asking him to explain to the voting public how this happened.
Ah! So that's why the PM is in hiding? And Eustice tries not to meet anyone in Ironbridge.

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I use a bit of hand sanitiser when I’m out and about with the dog, I normally pay 3 or 4 quid for a spray which lasts months. I noticed that it was time I replaced it and as it’s prudent to have one in the car just now I thought I’d buy an extra one. Three sprays are now advertised at forty quid ....

I don’t know how some people sleep at night......

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I use a bit of hand sanitiser when I’m out and about with the dog, I normally pay 3 or 4 quid for a spray which lasts months. I noticed that it was time I replaced it and as it’s prudent to have one in the car just now I thought I’d buy an extra one. Three sprays are now advertised at forty quid ....
Very short sighted business sense too. Keeping the price low or dropping it even lower at a time of widespread demand could greatly increase permanent usage in future.

• Agree
Reactions: gw8izr

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Very short sighted business sense too. Keeping the price low or dropping it even lower at a time of widespread demand could greatly increase permanent usage in future.
It was laziness on my part really, rather than get off my backside and go to the shop and see what the price was there I just looked on Amazon.

I’ve got plenty of the stuff at home for general washing and cleaning so it was only the little hand dispenser thingy that I was looking for, i’m still using up the stuff out of my bird flu kits that I used to issue to my engineers, I spotted a few kits in the garage the other day so no doubt there will be some bottles in there which I can give away to ageing relatives etc.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we stocked up earlier than most, a week ago, hand sanitizers, paper towels, waste paper baskets, face masks, soaps with disinfectant etc all from China.. (just joking).
I go to the post office in the morning instead of the afternoon to avoid queues.

Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
we stocked up earlier than most, a week ago, hand sanitizers, paper towels, waste paper baskets, face masks, soaps with disinfectant etc all from China.. (just joking).
I go to the post office in the morning instead of the afternoon to avoid queues.
I'm taking no precautions whatsoever, with my heart functioning at probably only around 30% efficiency I'm at far greater risk of death from heart attack death. Only two attacks this month on the 1st and 19th due to my precautions in dealing with that after suffering four in January , so this Coronavirus is not really of any concern to me.

Getting a heart valve replacement is far more relevant, but it seems there's little chance of getting to the top of the waiting list before pegging out, now Brexit and the Tory party have fouled up the NHS.

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I'm taking no precautions whatsoever, with my heart functioning at probably only around 30% efficiency I'm at far greater risk of death from heart attack death. Only two attacks this month on the 1st and 19th due to my precautions in dealing with that after suffering four in January , so this Coronavirus is not really of any concern to me.

Getting a heart valve replacement is far more relevant, but it seems there's little chance of getting to the top of the waiting list before pegging out, now Brexit and the Tory party have fouled up the NHS.
Well as previously mentioned I’m awaiting a minor operation that was cancelled due to winter pressures, if they rang me today and asked me if I wanted to go they can stick it up their backside :) the last thing they need is me adding to the problems and the last thing I need is to be in a place full of sick people… fortunately I can wait

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What a wonderful day. Markets collapsing. Covid-19 now confirmed in Wales. Reading about all your problems. (I hasten to add, not a criticism of your posts and not without understanding.)

Compounded by vicious wind, darkness and very heavy rain really and truly lashing the house.

Pussycat has the very best idea. Upstairs sleeping on a bed.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What a wonderful day. Markets collapsing. Covid-19 now confirmed in Wales. Reading about all your problems.
Ah but it's progress. Think how terrible it was for us as cavemen, no markets to worry about, no pandemics with no population density or distant travel, and dying by about 30, long before any serious painful diseases set in.

Dreadful.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Ah but it's progress. Think how terrible it was for us as cavemen, no markets to worry about, no pandemics with no population density or distant travel, and dying by about 30, long before any serious painful diseases set in.

Dreadful.
Rain was just as wet. Cold just as cold. Wind just as, errrm, blowy. :)

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Well as previously mentioned I’m awaiting a minor operation that was cancelled due to winter pressures, if they rang me today and asked me if I wanted to go they can stick it up their backside :) the last thing they need is me adding to the problems and the last thing I need is to be in a place full of sick people… fortunately I can wait
I suggest that is not a good idea. Small problems usually in time become larger problems. It is virtually certain that the virus contagion will spread and that many small procedures will be cancelled in the case of a flood of patients. The system is not overstretched at present, and getting something done now, will prevent it needing to be done later, wgen it will be stretched.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The good news is that Brexit is all about making our own decisions and holding our own MPs to account, rather than distant, unaccountable & unelected EU bureaucrats making the decisions ( Michael Gove said this). I can’t wait to see what Grayling has to say when he’s hauled before a room full of journalists, all asking him to explain to the voting public how the Heathrow clusterfuck happened.
The basic problem with "making our own decisions"
Is expecting them to be good decisions when employing Geriatric Chimpanzees to make them.

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Each day when some new "Gaffe" emerges from Boris and his flying circus, I can imagine Putin raises his glass of vodka in tribute.
Sky news just announced the first Briton to die of Covid19 on thee Cruise Ship

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

I don’t know how some people sleep at night......
Just buy cheap vodka

Patients 'drinking alcohol hand gel'

• :D
Reactions: gw8izr

Advertisers