Brexit, for once some facts.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
"I don’t know if I had it, but a couple of weeks ago I had something and it just made me want to sleep the whole time. If this is what Johnson has it explains a lot. We cannot be at a point where it’s considered rude to ask if he’s still capable of functioning as prime minister. "

We already know the answer to that, he never was capable of being Prime Minister
I had something in January which started with a sore throat, headache, tiredness, fever, joins aching, even my fingers ached and gallons of mucus. It then went away, but returned a week later with a cough. I’m still not as strong as I was pre illness. I ran a 10K in 46 mins before the illness, but can’t get below 50 mins at the moment. It’s coming back, but slowly. The wife had it too, but we passed it off as a cold because Coronavirus wasn’t fashionable during January. It probably was a cold, but I can’t be certain about that.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Seeing as the graph is indexed back to start at death number 3 in all cases, we don't seem to be doing too badly by comparison to other nations. It would probably be better if indexed back to death 50.

Do you believe that Chinese line? I think the lying little shits are suppressing the data.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
"I don’t know if I had it, but a couple of weeks ago I had something and it just made me want to sleep the whole time. If this is what Johnson has it explains a lot. We cannot be at a point where it’s considered rude to ask if he’s still capable of functioning as prime minister. "

We already know the answer to that, he never was capable of being Prime Minister
Where did that come from?

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Deputy CMO Professor Jonathan Van-Tam clarifies: "There is no evidence that general wearing of face masks by the public who are well affects the spread of disease in our society."

In fairness, they can't say that a face mask is effective. We have such world class ****s in this country that such a statement would trigger a "Toilet Roll 2" type situation.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Does anybody know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?;)
You youngsters.. In my youth we were encouraged to wash down as far as possible ,and then starting at the feet as far up as possible... And finally wash possible.

Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Deputy CMO Professor Jonathan Van-Tam clarifies: "There is no evidence that general wearing of face masks by the public who are well affects the spread of disease in our society."

In my little neck of the medical woods, thyroid disease, we forever read "there is no evidence that ..." with the target very often being the medicine liothyronine (T3).

What is meant is that no-one has yet run a properly designed trial of sufficient size to count as a controlled trial. There is evidence in every direction - just not evidence as they know it, Jim.

Indeed, until the 1960s, the only medicine available contained T3 and was used from the late 19th century until the very early 1980s in the UK. There really is actually no evidence, in their terms, that NOT having any T3 is acceptable.

I suspect the same sort of word manipulation.

They answer should be that if there is no evidence, and in particular no evidence that it is a bad thing to do, go ahead, wear a mask. Give us advice on how to ensure that our home-made masks are as good as possible and how to keep them hygienic. If in doubt, try to choose the safest option.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Seeing as the graph is indexed back to start at death number 3 in all cases, we don't seem to be doing too badly by comparison to other nations. It would probably be better if indexed back to death 50.

Do you believe that Chinese line? I think the lying little shits are suppressing the data.
It does look like propaganda, doesn't it?
They probably feel safe enough by now to massage the figures and cut their losses while everyone else is busy!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Pembrokshire council website has this:

Call goes out for help to create face masks for NHS staff

A call has gone out for help to create face masks for NHS staff on the frontline of the coronavirus response.
Normally, Composites Cymru creates handmade carbon fibre and composites parts for cars, bikes and boats.
But the company, based in a Pembrokeshire County Council unit in Crymych has turned its hand to creating vital face masks for NHS staff to protect them from infection.
The company has worked out a way to create the masks quickly and in large numbers.
And Dafydd Wyn Lewis of Composites Cymru is now appealing for people who can help put them together at home.
All that is required is a knife or scissors and soldering iron – or heated nail – to produce the face masks at home.
Dafydd said: “The idea has skyrocketed over a matter of hours and we need people to get involved and out to those who need them as soon as possible.”
Anyone who would like to get involved is asked to email sales@compositescymru.com for more information.

Reactions: POLLY

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I was watching one of the Trump briefings a few days ago. One of the health experts was answering questions and she said the following. "Live virus was found on hard surfaces in some of the state rooms on the cruise ship that was stranded in Japan, 17 days after the rooms had been abandoned."
This item mentions the 17 days details also contains some good info about how long the virus lasts on different surfaces.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Everything from one point of view.

Hancock indicated earlier that the coronavirus outbreak could reach its peak in the UK on Easter Sunday, with about 1,000 deaths a day in the lead-up.

Technically, that could be true if you look at pan-UK figures. But I really doubt if it will be the peak for my county. (Not that we have county figures - but best guess based on health board figures.)

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
This is worth a read about the use of face masks.
Someone here (not me!) has been very busy making masks today. So got the joys of wearing them next time we go out. (Hasten to add, I very much appreciate her skills. I just made a "table" for our tomato plants.)

Last edited:

Advertisers