Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Deputy CMO Professor Jonathan Van-Tam clarifies: "There is no evidence that general wearing of face masks by the public who are well affects the spread of disease in our society."
all those who turn up at the coronavirus daily briefing seems to me all turn spin doctors and condone this government's strategy.
when the dust settles, I hope they can find some way to sleep.
Their strategy of herd immunity and now an ill prepared ramp up of testing will have caused tens of thousands of extra deaths.
Germany: 1234 @ 02-Apr
UK: 3605 @ 02-Apr
some 3 times the number in Germany and the current wave still has 2 months to go. Now they seem to say let people die at home. Why? so they don't get counted?

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
All very approximate figures - just view it for trends

'Recovered' - on paper that would include Hancock?

'Still ill? In hospital?' - Boris?

'Deaths' - my local hospital's figures jumped by 17 as their admin had 'lost' 17 coronavirus deaths over a 3 week period then found them.

Also likely figures not including deaths occuring in care / nursing homes or at home.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
"check that they have resuscitation orders on every patient".

QUOTE:

The CCG guidance provides a suggested script for GPs to use in conversations with residents and families:

"frail elderly people do not respond to the sort of intensive treatment required for the lung complications of coronavirus and indeed the risk of hospital admission may be to exacerbate pain and suffering.
We may therefore recommend that in the event of coronavirus infection, hospital admission is undesirable."

Reactions: POLLY and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
All very approximate figures - just view it for trends

'Recovered' - on paper that would include Hancock?

'Still ill? In hospital?' - Boris?

'Deaths' - my local hospital's figures jumped by 17 as their admin had 'lost' 17 coronavirus deaths over a 3 week period then found them.

Also likely figures not including deaths occuring in care / nursing homes or at home.
hospitals give up reporting.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
THE PRETENCE OF THE NEO-CON DOOMSDAY PANDEMIC IS WEARING THIN AS THE WISER OF OUR POPULUS BEGIN TO QUESTION THE FORCED HOUSE ARREST OF IT’S CITIZENS.

A CAREFULLY CRAFTED RUSE WHERE NORMAL DEATHS ARE ATTRIBUTED TO A CERTAIN STRAIN OF VIRUS.

WHY ARE YOU PAYING CAR TAX, RATES AND INSURANCE TO BE TOLD YOU CANNOT VENTURE OUT?

THE HOAX HAS BEEN CLEVERLY CRAFTED SO THE MULTINATIONALS TAKE OVER EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE.
FROM FOOD AND CLOTHING TO ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL, THEIR AIM IS TO DESTROY THE SMALL BUSINESS AND MOVE IT TO THE MERCHANTS OF GREED THAT DEVISED THIS PLOT TO MAKE YOUR LIVES EVEN MORE WORTHLESS.

A FEW THOUSAND DEATHS IS MERELY COLLATERAL DAMAGE TO THE SHYSTERS WHO APPEAR VIA THE PROPAGANDA MEDIA OF THE LIKES OF THE BBC AND SKY…

START TO OPEN YOUR EYES AND QUESTION THE WORTHLESS MORTALITY FIGURES THAT ARE BANDIED ABOUT.

YOU ARE NOW LIVING UNDER A FASCIST STATE AND UNLESS YOU REACT ACCORDINGLY THEY WILL WALK ALL OVER YOU AND REMOVE EVERY LIBERTY AND FREEDOM YOU HAVE EVER FOUGHT FOR.

NOTHING YOU HAVE WORKED ALL YOUR LIFE FOR WILL BE SPARED.
YOUR SAVINGS, YOUR PENSION AND THE BRICKS YOU LIVE WITHIN WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOU.

GROW SOME ******* AND REBEL.

4,760 claimants died between the DWP referring their case to, and it returning from, an assessment provider.
73,800 claimants died within 6 months of registering their claim.
17,070 claimants died after registering but prior to the DWP making a decision on their claim.

950,000 apply for universal credit in two weeks of UK lockdown

UK coronavirus death toll passes 3,000 after another 684 die

On average, how many people die every day in the UK? – Quora. The current rate is 1400 people each day in England and Wales.

so what do you want to die from making a claim for benefits or getting controller virus ?

Number of people who have died in Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and surrounding counties from Covid-19
  • Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust16
  • Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 7
  • Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust 15
  • University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust 13
  • Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 25
  • Weston Area Health NHS Trust 2
  • Cardiff and Vale University Health Board 0
  • Aneurin Bevan University Health Board 6
  • Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust 1
  • Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust 26

it does not add up it is bs i just can not believe so many ppl are that fkn stupid to be told what to do via media non stop 247.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Thanks SW for alerting us that your caps lock is stuck - suggest a new keyboard if the super strength cider has somehow spilled into it.

Firstly don't give up your day job.

Secondly, If the 'NEO-CONS' are behind it all, despite a late start, they are doing impressively at home - and even Putin, arch enemy of neocons, is in on the global conspiracy.

"GROW SOME ******* AND REBEL."

Do I need a moped to apply?

Meanwhile if you find yourself with too much spare time worrying then you might want to help out in someway

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
we need to beat the dwp more needs to die faster DO IT! can cv19 beat the dwp death rate fkn no chance ;)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
THE PRETENCE OF THE NEO-CON DOOMSDAY PANDEMIC IS WEARING THIN AS THE WISER OF OUR POPULUS BEGIN TO QUESTION THE FORCED HOUSE ARREST OF IT’S CITIZENS.

A CAREFULLY CRAFTED RUSE WHERE NORMAL DEATHS ARE ATTRIBUTED TO A CERTAIN STRAIN OF VIRUS.

WHY ARE YOU PAYING CAR TAX, RATES AND INSURANCE TO BE TOLD YOU CANNOT VENTURE OUT?

THE HOAX HAS BEEN CLEVERLY CRAFTED SO THE MULTINATIONALS TAKE OVER EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE.
FROM FOOD AND CLOTHING TO ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL, THEIR AIM IS TO DESTROY THE SMALL BUSINESS AND MOVE IT TO THE MERCHANTS OF GREED THAT DEVISED THIS PLOT TO MAKE YOUR LIVES EVEN MORE WORTHLESS.

A FEW THOUSAND DEATHS IS MERELY COLLATERAL DAMAGE TO THE SHYSTERS WHO APPEAR VIA THE PROPAGANDA MEDIA OF THE LIKES OF THE BBC AND SKY…

START TO OPEN YOUR EYES AND QUESTION THE WORTHLESS MORTALITY FIGURES THAT ARE BANDIED ABOUT.

YOU ARE NOW LIVING UNDER A FASCIST STATE AND UNLESS YOU REACT ACCORDINGLY THEY WILL WALK ALL OVER YOU AND REMOVE EVERY LIBERTY AND FREEDOM YOU HAVE EVER FOUGHT FOR.

NOTHING YOU HAVE WORKED ALL YOUR LIFE FOR WILL BE SPARED.
YOUR SAVINGS, YOUR PENSION AND THE BRICKS YOU LIVE WITHIN WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOU.

GROW SOME ******* AND REBEL.

4,760 claimants died between the DWP referring their case to, and it returning from, an assessment provider.
73,800 claimants died within 6 months of registering their claim.
17,070 claimants died after registering but prior to the DWP making a decision on their claim.

950,000 apply for universal credit in two weeks of UK lockdown

UK coronavirus death toll passes 3,000 after another 684 die

On average, how many people die every day in the UK? – Quora. The current rate is 1400 people each day in England and Wales.

so what do you want to die from making a claim for benefits or getting controller virus ?

Number of people who have died in Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and surrounding counties from Covid-19
  • Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust16
  • Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 7
  • Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust 15
  • University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust 13
  • Weston Area Health NHS Trust 2
  • Cardiff and Vale University Health Board 0
  • Aneurin Bevan University Health Board 6
  • Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust 1
  • Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust 26

it does not add up it is bs i just can not believe so many ppl are that fkn stupid to be told what to do via media non stop 247.
"That was good an original my boy,

But the parts that were good weren't original

And the parts that were original weren't good"

WC Fields..
:cool:
Another of his quotes I liked
"Off! off!
You bother me boy!"

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Which enemy nation do he telegraph recruit their so called journalists from?
"
The inflexibility of our lumbering NHS is why the country has had to shut down
The country has in fact had to shut down because knuckle dragging idiot journalist supported this fascist government to get it into power and balls up the situation, leaving the NHS in the proverbial, and that after they had tried to ruin it and sell it off.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Express
"
Brexit DELAY: Boris Johnson set to announce delay to Brexit as planning falls 'off cliff'
BORIS JOHNSON will be forced to delay Brexit as his Government machine focuses its efforts on combating the deadly coronavirus outbreak, business leaders have claimed.

Can anyone recommend a good ditch? (it will free up a ventilator)

Last edited:
Reactions: POLLY and Woosh

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
all those who turn up at the coronavirus daily briefing seems to me all turn spin doctors and condone this government's strategy.
when the dust settles, I hope they can find some way to sleep.
Their strategy of herd immunity and now an ill prepared ramp up of testing will have caused tens of thousands of extra deaths.
Germany: 1234 @ 02-Apr
UK: 3605 @ 02-Apr
some 3 times the number in Germany and the current wave still has 2 months to go. Now they seem to say let people die at home. Why? so they don't get counted?
It’s possible to write the script now.

The experts who turn up for the briefings Have been purchased as fall-guys. Note how many times the government say, “we are following the scientific advice.“ It’s almost become a brand. The scientific advice will have been reverse engineered from the inevitable outcome which results when incompetence and mis-handling are present. That way, it will appear the government has a plan, they have done all they can, and the fall-guys will take the blame. Lessons will have been learned, the fall-guys will receive honours, a pay-off and will disappear into a very comfortable retirement, leaving the path clear for the government.

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Which enemy nation do he telegraph recruit their so called journalists from?
"
The inflexibility of our lumbering NHS is why the country has had to shut down
The country has in fact had to shut down because knuckle dragging idiot journalist supported this fascist government to get it into power and balls us the situation, leaving the NHS in the proverbial, and that after they had tried to ruin it and sell it off.
There is some truth in this. The NHS is run by some of the biggest ****s ever to set foot on the planet. The senior doctors are part of a mafia and are impossible to manage. Like a lot of these sorts of public organisations, they only function because the low paid, hard working, downtrodden staff at the delivery end make it work despite the management’s best efforts to stop them. Luckily, the managers are crap at doing that too.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There is some truth in this. The NHS is run by some of the biggest ****s ever to set foot on the planet. The senior doctors are part of a mafia and are impossible to manage. Like a lot of these sorts of public organisations, they only function because the low paid, hard working, downtrodden staff at the delivery end make it work despite the management’s best efforts to stop them. Luckily, the managers are crap at doing that too.
And of course the managers are all left wingers?
No they are not, are they? they are political appointees to a large extent, and if they don't conform to government guidelines they get the boot.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
And of course the managers are all left wingers?
No they are not, are they? they are political appointees to a large extent, and if they don't conform to government guidelines they get the boot.
Not sure about that. I think they are just plain old plenty stupid.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Updated report from Imperial. I haven't even scanned it yet.

Not an updated report, a new report from a different angle.
Online Community Involvement in COVID-19 Research & Outbreak Response: Early Insights from a UK Perspective

Unfortunately based on input from 6 to 15 March; I'm sure attitudes will have changed since then, but still makes an informative read. I'm sure we will see updates.

To keep track of their reports: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-infectious-disease-analysis/covid-19/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Updated report from Imperial. I haven't even scanned it yet.
Not an updated report, a new report from a different angle.
Online Community Involvement in COVID-19 Research & Outbreak Response: Early Insights from a UK Perspective

To keep track of their reports: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-infectious-disease-analysis/covid-19/
I have just done a superfast skim - and much is as I would have expected. But it is absolutely VITAL that such research is done.

I was a bit surprised at how many felt they had enough information about precautions given that I keep coming up with questions - right now the mask debate is in full swing. And just how far is it reasonable to drive in order to exercise?

Thanks for posting. I hope numbers 10 & 11 Downing St. read carefully.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
interesting reading.

“Contract it and gain immunity or hide away”.

I belong to the high risk group so contracting it is not an option.

QUOTE:

The public are confused about what to think and do
The second strongest theme to emerge throughout this exercise was the lack of clarity and the inadequacy of the government’s guidance about what is planned, what to expect and what to do. Confusion was attributed to misinformation, conflicting guidance and an overload of information.
Some felt this was due to press coverage and certain social media accounts which they held responsible for sensationalising and scaremongering, some said it was due to “a constant stream of interviews with different experts”, while others blamed the official guidance which was either insufficiently detailed, unclear or inconsistent: “Contract it and gain immunity or hide away”.
We also received reports of elderly relatives or members of society being “so confused by the [government]’s advice” that they were either pretending it wasn’t happening or adopting extreme measures of isolation. People with current health conditions reported high levels of anxiety and a lack of clarity about what they should be doing “I don't know whether I am "vulnerable" and whether I should be doing pre-emptive self-isolation”

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
interesting reading.

“Contract it and gain immunity or hide away”.

I belong to the high risk group so contracting it is not an option.

QUOTE:

The public are confused about what to think and do
The second strongest theme to emerge throughout this exercise was the lack of clarity and the inadequacy of the government’s guidance about what is planned, what to expect and what to do. Confusion was attributed to misinformation, conflicting guidance and an overload of information.
Some felt this was due to press coverage and certain social media accounts which they held responsible for sensationalising and scaremongering, some said it was due to “a constant stream of interviews with different experts”, while others blamed the official guidance which was either insufficiently detailed, unclear or inconsistent: “Contract it and gain immunity or hide away”.
We also received reports of elderly relatives or members of society being “so confused by the [government]’s advice” that they were either pretending it wasn’t happening or adopting extreme measures of isolation. People with current health conditions reported high levels of anxiety and a lack of clarity about what they should be doing “I don't know whether I am "vulnerable" and whether I should be doing pre-emptive self-isolation”
The current health conditions issue has been very poorly handled.

They started off without any detail of what constitued a significant condition. But, as they produced lists there was even more confusion.

So far as I know, there still is not a "I have this conditon, take me to the information about it" page. And it appears that we have a list of conditions where there is a serious issue, and "the rest" with little or no consideration as to whether there could be a lesser level of problem. To take the ultra-simplistic, could having an ordinary cold impact negatively?

To me, logic suggests that a list should have been developed using:
  1. Most prevalent conditions;
  2. Conditions where it is clear that there is an issue;
  3. Conditions about which people have enquired but are not yet covered.
The page put up by the British Thyroid Foundation was, and is, rather weak:

https://www.btf-thyroid.org/news/thyroid-disease-and-coronavirus-covid-19

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Advertisers