Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Same here, went for walk in the countryside outside village, young couple and child defiantly walked straight at me until I backed off as far as possible, teens stared mockingly as I gave large mixed group wide berth. what is it? Denial? perhaps minds will focus if a few contemporary celebrities die. Knobheadedness (did stupid things myself once but stopped short of killing the old)? Maybe lifestyle been too good for too long and their like fat lab rats that dont know how to judge danger.
Went to Lidl on Saturday. The man on the door was very pleasant and almost invited us in. Once inside, most people were leaving gaps. Though some were rather careless. But one woman in particular seemed to be positively trying NOT to keep away from others.

As we went to the till, another woman paused and pleasantly asked if we were queuing, before walking past with a punctilious separation. And, as we left, the man on the door courteously paused anyone coming in so that we could leave whilst maintaining two metres.

So, a bit up and down. I think people round here are still feeling relatively safe. Details are not available, but it looks as if cases in our health board area have most been in Llanelli and Carmarthen areas.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well, who is surprised?

Hertfordshire hospital forced to consider who should be refused oxygen

Watford general hospital declared a critical incident on Saturday over pressure to vital supplies
The younger ones on BUPA get it, pensioners just get fresh air by being left outside the morgue :rolleyes:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Probably the King Edward VII private hospital, the one the royal family use:

Link one

Link two
Maybe, but maybe they are keeping it clear of any covid-19 in case someone else needs treatment? ...

DO NOT come to King Edward VII’s Hospital if you think you have COVID-19

Most people who contract COVID-19 will have mild to moderate cold and flu like symptoms. The people who are most at risk of severe symptoms are those with weakened immune systems, many of whom are in hospital. Please do not put other people in danger.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
One of the local good ol' boy cricketers, a village school caretaker, outside of town just had a call from the police to knock off playing S-Club7 :D

I just don’t f***ing believe it, everyone in the country was asked to play Reach at 7 tonight, so I set up on my own in the school playground so everyone could hear and dance on their own, doorstep-driveway, everyone was social distancing and enjoying themselves in these dark times, so I decided to play another 3 or 4 songs as it seemed to be cheering everyone up! As I was clearing away I got a phone call from the Police saying they had a complaint of a big party at Ardleigh School, ffs I was just trying to cheer people up!!! Thank goodness I knew the Police lady so didn’t get taken away!!!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Already we are getting dissembling:

Johnson remains in charge of the government and in contact with ministers and officials.

Followed by:

As the first secretary of state, Dominic Raab is expected to chair the government’s Monday morning meeting.

Afraid I do NOT think it possible to be ill enough to be taken to hospital, and have meetings chaired by someone else, and still claim to be in charge.

And:

Johnson is in an NHS hospital in London where he will stay for “as long as needed”, PA news agency reports.

(Probably not Hillingdon nor Watford.)

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Already we are getting dissembling:

Johnson remains in charge of the government and in contact with ministers and officials.

Followed by:

As the first secretary of state, Dominic Raab is expected to chair the government’s Monday morning meeting.

Afraid I do NOT think it possible to be ill enough to be taken to hospital, and have meetings chaired by someone else, and still claim to be in charge.

And:

Johnson is in an NHS hospital in London where he will stay for “as long as needed”, PA news agency reports.

(Probably not Hillingdon nor Watford.)
Stick his brain in a jar till they can find a fresh body to transplant it into

• Disagree
  • :D
Reactions: tommie and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It never stops.

Scotland's chief medical officer has resigned

Scotland’s chief medical officer Catherine Calderwood has resigned

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Slightly less noticed:

It has also been reported that if Johnson’s key aides, Dominic Cummings and Lee Cain, were to be incapacitated, they would be replaced by Conservative campaign director Isaac Levido. Cummings also displayed symptoms of coronavirus last weekend.

AND

Retired judge and Cummings' uncle Sir John Laws dies after contracting Covid-19

Relative of No 10 adviser hailed as ‘one of the greatest lawyers of his generation’

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
It never stops.

Scotland's chief medical officer has resigned

Scotland’s chief medical officer Catherine Calderwood has resigned
‘It’s a shame, but she had no choice, she had been a bit silly. Hers was one of the better, I’ve been a twat, type statements though. Fair play to her on that score.

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
‘It’s a shame, but she had no choice, she had been a bit silly. Hers was one of the better, I’ve been a twat, type statements though. Fair play to her on that score.
Once, she just might have "got away" with it. Twice, she undermined everything she has said and advised. And everyone associated with it.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Our Government attempting a smokescreen yet again
https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/uk-news/chinese-covid-19-disinformation-campaign-lives/

Disinformation from China and other countries about the Covid-19 pandemic is hindering the fight against the disease and costing lives, MPs have warned.

Right from the outset of the coronavirus pandemic, Beijing set out to "obfuscate" what was really happening.

Politicians from the Commons Foreign Affairs Committee said that China should have played a central role in collecting data on its spread as the country when the outbreak started.

You have to ask , if they think this is wrong, why did they do the very same thing immediately we had an outbreak and continue with lies and deceit on a daily basis?

And the Express are part of this shifting of the blame campaign
"
Disinformation from China and other countries about the Covid-19 pandemic is hindering the fight against the disease and costing lives, MPs have warned.

Right from the outset of the coronavirus pandemic, Beijing set out to "obfuscate" what was really happening.

Politicians from the Commons Foreign Affairs Committee said that China should have played a central role in collecting data on its spread as the country when the outbreak started.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

You have to ask , if they think this is wrong, why did they do the very same thing immediately we had an outbreak and continue with lies and deceit on a daily basis?
And this incredibly well-informed and intelligent committee simply hung on every word from China and didn't consider that, for whatever reason, information from China might not be the entire truth?

As you say, they did learn a lesson from China. Dissembling is the order of the day/week/month/year.

(Lest it appear otherwise, many individuals in China did their very best to inform the rest of China, and the rest of the world, to the best of their ability. And to their personal detriment.)

Last edited:

Advertisers