Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Back to breixt (sort-of). In this article ostensibly about an MP breaking lockdown, we actually see our favourites Tice & Oakeshott being even worse.

Tory MP attended lockdown barbecue with journalists

Exclusive: Bob Seely was at gathering when guidance said you could only meet one other person

Asked for comment about his attendance at the gathering and to explain the purpose of his visit to the Isle of Wight, Tice said: “I have followed the prime minister’s advice to wash my hands, stay alert, maintain social distancing and test my eyesight when appropriate.”

Oakeshott said: “I work on the Isle of Wight all year round. It is where I go to write. I have stayed alert, washed my hands regularly and, as always, enjoyed my time on this paradise isle. Now and again I’ve also tested my eyesight, which seems to be in good order. Along with the rest of the nation, I am delighted at the recent decriminalisation of barbecues.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/05/tory-mp-bob-seely-attended-lockdown-barbecue-with-journalists

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
The Mail informs me that we are to get a “Boris Budget” to fire up the U.K. The only fire will be a fire sale when our struggling companies are sold off to foreign investors for a nice little earner. Does anyone believe this shite anymore? From the comments section, people don’t seem too impressed.

The goodies on offer include the “slashing of red tape.” What is this red tape? Is it stuff like employment rights that give us sick pay and safety legislation that stops people being killed at work?

National Insurance breaks maybe coming too! Now that won’t open the door to raising the pension age will it!

A 5% cut in VAT, which will immediately be stolen and added to the bottom line of the accounts, same as last time.

Whoever is hiding the cowardly, walking, talking f***up Johnson, can they keep him out of the way. The clown show is bad enough with just his ministers performing, we don’t need the Clown in Chief making things worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Back to breixt (sort-of). In this article ostensibly about an MP breaking lockdown, we actually see our favourites Tice & Oakeshott being even worse.

Tory MP attended lockdown barbecue with journalists

Exclusive: Bob Seely was at gathering when guidance said you could only meet one other person

Asked for comment about his attendance at the gathering and to explain the purpose of his visit to the Isle of Wight, Tice said: “I have followed the prime minister’s advice to wash my hands, stay alert, maintain social distancing and test my eyesight when appropriate.”

Oakeshott said: “I work on the Isle of Wight all year round. It is where I go to write. I have stayed alert, washed my hands regularly and, as always, enjoyed my time on this paradise isle. Now and again I’ve also tested my eyesight, which seems to be in good order. Along with the rest of the nation, I am delighted at the recent decriminalisation of barbecues.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/05/tory-mp-bob-seely-attended-lockdown-barbecue-with-journalists
Seeley's the one with the girlfriend that has been the one and only person in the Isle of Wight to have been contacted using the 'World Beating' App. What is it based on - Tinder?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Happy “D Day” everyone.
Well I suppose it is comparatively happy in this perverse sense:

The Allied death figures of British and Americans for the Normandy battle of D-Day were 37,000 dead amongst the ground forces. There were also nearly 17,000 deaths amongst the multi-national Allied air forces.

Covid-19 has killed over 151,000 to date in Britain and the USA and it's far from over yet.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I think it’s time to water canon, horse charge and baton round these idiots protesting in London and elsewhere. They are undoing all that lockdown achieved. Find another way.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tommie

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think it’s time to water canon, horse charge and baton round these idiots protesting in London and elsewhere.
Valid though your point is, that will only reinforce their message about ill treatment and discriminatory violence.

Low profile is best to minimise the publicity they are getting which acts as a recruiter for more to join in.

Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Valid though your point is, that will only reinforce their message about ill treatment and discriminatory violence.

Low profile is best to minimise the publicity they are getting which acts as a recruiter for more to join in.
As much as it is a cause worthy of bringing to public attention, this is totally the wrong way to make the point.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
My Tweet today

oldgroaner@oldgroaner
·
2h

When people are being stupid as they are with these demonstrations someone has to speak out and tell the truth Attending these rallies demonstrates those attending value the lives of a small section of the community more than the rest of us. Foolishly endangering our lives

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As much as it is a cause worthy of bringing to public attention, this is totally the wrong way to make the point.
I fully agree, but violence to deal with it isn't the answer since it will make things much worse with the oxygen of more publicity recruiting more to march.

Covid-19 is undoubtedly a national emergency so leaning heavily on the media to minimise the publicity is appropriate.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Funny thing, live pictures of all the trouble from London on Sky....nothing on the beeb. I wonder who pulls their strings these days..

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
I think it’s time to water canon, horse charge and baton round these idiots protesting in London and elsewhere. They are undoing all that lockdown achieved. Find another way.
You left out tear gas and rubber bullets. Can you see the french or spanish police putting up with this nonsense?

The government(s) can’t protect the elderly, won’t protect our borders even in the middle of a global pandemic, can’t even protect the war memorials from a mob on the anniversary of D-Day.

When will you all begin to acknowledge that a good number of the people you have allowed to come and live in this country -and now their children- absolutely despise us and everything we stand for?

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
You left out tear gas and rubber bullets. Can you see the french or spanish police putting up with this nonsense?

The government(s) can’t protect the elderly, won’t protect our borders even in the middle of a global pandemic, can’t even protect the war memorials from a mob on the anniversary of D-Day.

When will you all begin to acknowledge that a good number of the people you have allowed to come and live in this country -and now their children- absolutely despise us and everything we stand for?
I think these protesters come from a minority of the minorities they claim to represent. They are deluded crackpots, but as with our “home grown” deluded crackpots, for some reason they seem to have a disproportionate loud voice. Most of those protesting today are unable to say what they want to achieve as a satisfactory outcome. They simply have no idea. The most dangerous amongst them want some form of rampant positive discrimination where top jobs and the best opportunities are awarded exclusively to ethnic minorities irrespective of ability.

I think it is harder for black people and other ethnic groups to prosper, but it is possible, look at the backgrounds of our doctors and some other professions. In many cases I think it does take more work to get there than if they were born white in this country.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is interesting

Tommie, just exactly who are the "we" you speak of? from the critical comments you delight in making against the Southern Irish, coming from someone in Northern Ireland, in what is after all a population imposed on the locals from the mainland, it is way out of court.
You are in fact to many of the Irish part of a group that you are railing on about, remember?
An imposed population that despises the locals?
And another thing to remember the government you support over Brexit isn't going to put an end to them coming is it? the chief clown is now begging people to come back that have had the sense to leave.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Guardian is reminding us how much faith we all have in the government:

Opinium said 47% of people surveyed disapproved of the government’s handling of the coronavirus crisis while 34% approved. This marks a continuation of a steady decline in confidence in the government since the pandemic began.

Oops. I mean "how little".

Reactions: flecc

Advertisers