Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Not only do I have reason to be more aware of medical fields than some others, I also had a passing association with two separate UK cryogenics companies. Though I have no medical training and regularly state that.

Yes, transport in Dewars is possible and common enough. But the standard vans used by distributors such as Alliance, AAH, etc., are simple vans, fitted out for smaller packages, and with only air conditioning. Afraid I can't see it as feasible to use them for Dewars as well.

And as I said earlier, any system used will require an audit chain with temperature recorders and limited temperature excursion. I have my doubts about the machine you mentioned otherwise there would simply be no market for machines costing five to ten times more. They might be perfectly adequate for some purposes.
Look , this is very much a side issue, but the Dewars are no bigger than a middle size Camping Gaz cylinder and will easily hold 10 litres. In addition Baxter have standard polystyrene foam boxes used for refrigerated IV treatments the foam is encased in a cardboard frame and identical to all the other boxes in a Ford Transit . A block of dry ice would hold them at a stable temperature for a full journey , say London to Holyhead . the ones I am familiar are for less extreme temperatures and use frozen gel packs , and they hold stuff cold up to 2 days..48 hours .

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The Scottish Government has purchased 20 large "ultra cold" freezers for this purpose.
Somewhere for the blond bawbag to hide the next time he visits.
The First Minister:
Yes, we have purchased fridges—if I can use what is probably a completely untechnical term. I apologise if I get the figure wrong, because I have got so many figures going around in my head on a daily basis but, from memory, I think that we have purchased around 20 very large fridges that are capable of storing the vaccine at those very low temperatures. They will be situated in strategic locations across the country. There are then logistical issues in getting the vaccines from the cold storage to where they need to be. Different temperatures apply for short periods in the journey to the person being vaccinated. However, all those issues are under close and active consideration and deployment right now, including, I am pleased to say, the procurement of big fridges.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Has anyone claimed yet?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It is totally in order to root out corruption , and to offer money to whistle blowers . I think that money is safe. If any elected official or public servant, made a comment like that about a person arrested on suspicion of having cheated , they would be considered to have prejudiced the case and perverted the course of justice. There is a difference between arrest and conviction .
What might happen if he gets inundated with complaints from democrats that polling stations were inaccessible, closed early, or their voting cards got lost in the post or they got arrested for loitering and unable to vote?
Remember Texas voted convincingly for Trump.

There was however a dishonest or at least disingenuous comment in his statement that if Texas was able to get the Postal vote sorted out quickly , why were others so slow. He must already have have known the answer...
In Texas ," County officials have already started reviewing mail-in ballots. In counties with over 100,000 residents, early voting ballot boards were allowed to start convening and processing mail-in ballots 12 days before the election. In smaller ones, they could start after the polls closed on the last day of early voting — which this year was Oct. 30. Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by Nov. 3, and they must arrive by Nov. 4. "
In Michigan and Pennsylvania , The Republican legislatures in those states , had EXPRESSLY Prohibited postal votes being processed , until AFTER polling had stopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: oyster and Wicky

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Go on, invest some fraud and make yourself some pocket money :cool:

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Whoever wins, all these revelations about the disgraceful election system in the USA has done enormous damage to their international reputation.
They appear to be no better than any corrupt backward sort of place.
They can no longer force their way into other countries and 'impose' what they think of as democracy.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there isn't yet any proof that their system is any worse than what we have here.
Postal votes have always been vulnerable to all sorts of cheating but unless we make voting compulsory, we can't have a cast iron cheat proof system.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Just the incentive someone in the WH needs to dob in Trump...

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Mary Poppins will be upset...

Brexit uncertainty may cause sugar shortages in Northern Ireland, warns firm
Tate & Lyle Sugars is warning supermarkets of sugar and syrup supply issues next year

Tate & Lyle Sugars, a prominent corporate backer of Brexit, has warned of sugar and syrup shortages in Northern Ireland in the new year, due to lack of clarity over the UK and EU trade relationship.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/11/brexit-uncertainty-may-cause-sugar-shortages-in-northern-ireland-warns-firm

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Whoever wins, all these revelations about the disgraceful election system in the USA has done enormous damage to their international reputation.
They appear to be no better than any corrupt backward sort of place.
They can no longer force their way into other countries and 'impose' what they think of as democracy.
The issues with the US system include lack of senatorial representation for DC (and Puerto Rico). As well as the crazy senator:elector ratios. About 67:1 difference between California and Wyoming.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It is totally in order to root out corruption , and to offer money to whistle blowers . I think that money is safe. If any elected official or public servant, made a comment like that about a person arrested on suspicion of having cheated , they would be considered to have prejudiced the case and perverted the course of justice. There is a difference between arrest and conviction .
What might happen if he gets inundated with complaints from democrats that polling stations were inaccessible, closed early, or their voting cards got lost in the post or they got arrested for loitering and unable to vote?
Remember Texas voted convincingly for Trump.

There was however a dishonest or at least disingenuous comment in his statement that if Texas was able to get the Postal vote sorted out quickly , why were others so slow. He must already have have known the answer...
In Texas ," County officials have already started reviewing mail-in ballots. In counties with over 100,000 residents, early voting ballot boards were allowed to start convening and processing mail-in ballots 12 days before the election. In smaller ones, they could start after the polls closed on the last day of early voting — which this year was Oct. 30. Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by Nov. 3, and they must arrive by Nov. 4. "
In Michigan and Pennsylvania , The Republican legislatures in those states , had EXPRESSLY Prohibited postal votes being processed , until AFTER polling had stopped.
They've already made arrests in Texas after uncovering three different instances of fraud. at least one of those was substantial.

• :D
  • Agree
Reactions: SirNigel and POLLY

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Mary Poppins will be upset...

Brexit uncertainty may cause sugar shortages in Northern Ireland, warns firm
Tate & Lyle Sugars is warning supermarkets of sugar and syrup supply issues next year

Tate & Lyle Sugars, a prominent corporate backer of Brexit, has warned of sugar and syrup shortages in Northern Ireland in the new year, due to lack of clarity over the UK and EU trade relationship.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/11/brexit-uncertainty-may-cause-sugar-shortages-in-northern-ireland-warns-firm
The Blitz/pandemic spirit will prevail.

Is that one or two carrots in your tea....

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
This might be interesting. We should get the results on my birthday.
Given that, is it not possibly odd that Senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler tried to get Raffensperger - who is getting this audit done - to step down?

Loeffler appears to be losing the special senate race.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
There's always a different outcome with the vote tally after a recount, a few hundred here or there will make no change to the result. Thinking about it could mean even more for Uncle Joe, the gift that keeps on giving :D

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Previous recounts changed the results about a 150 votes.
Biden leads about 13.000 votes in Georgia.
Still, Biden can afford to lose Georgia but Trump can't.
So when Georgia calls in a week for Biden, Trump should throw in the towel.
Arizona has nearly completed the counting and should call today or tomorrow. Biden may win there with a tiny margin, so they will have to recount there too.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
They've already made arrests in Texas after uncovering three different instances of fraud. at least one of those was substantial.
Details? Links?

The only one relevant to this election is about someone who works in a care home.

That one person has something like 134 items - if all the counts of allegations are one allegation for each vote, 11,000 is nowhere near enough.

Advertisers