Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The huge fonts in this post.

I'm not going to grace your wild ramblings in the rest of the post with an answer, they are too irrational.
First of all, as I sure you are aware, they were not my fonts. It was an attachment file. Now altered to thumbnail. Apologies for your snowflecc attitude resurfacing.
Secondly, as for irrational. You are the one claiming
A) deaths exaggerated.
B) vaccine roll out chaotic.
C) Spieghalter a propoganda agent.
D) ONS not independent and pushing false data, analysis and propoganda.
I, m 2 faced, irrational, having kittens, a BJ fan boy and shouting.. Oh and a Tory. Oh and a unionist flag waver... For trying to point out the vaccine roll out has been a success so far and early data suggests strategy has been vindicated.
Shove it flecc. Where the sun don't shine.
Go and be negative about every possible aspect if it makes you happy. Good luck.

Good news coming from Israel.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It was neither. OG said he was right more than me. That means very little. I was being self effacing.. You won't understand the concept.
Self effacing bias is hardly a concept either of you suffer from.
Self effacing bias is hardly a concept either of you suffer from.?
You will have to explain that concept, it sounds very much like a severe personality defect!
Imagine the poor fella that suffers from being biased to doubting himself...
Condolences are offered :cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Some more propoganda.
And the message is?
All down to the magical effect on a single injection of one quarter of the population..
And how could that be seen as propaganda?
The current lockdown is working
And it sounds like playing down the value of keeping it going when the sound of cash registers ringing again is the music the government want to hear.

Lets assume for the moment the lockdown was ended tonight, do you imagine the number infected and dying would continue to fall?
No chance at all is there?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It was an attachment file. Now altered to thumbnail.
A) deaths exaggerated. - Spiegelhalter believes so, I agree.

B) vaccine roll out chaotic. - The distribution has been, undeniable fact.

C) Spieghalter a propoganda agent. - He has been when speaking outside his area of expertise in support of government policy. Why, when those whose job it actually is have already done so?

D) ONS not independent and pushing false data, analysis and propoganda. - See Wicky's posts. Link 1, Link 2, Link 3.

I haven't seen you attacking Wicky with abusive names.

As for me being only negative, you are probably unaware that I also post constructively in the pedelecs main forums, as well as constructively in this thread as two of your recent approvals show.

• Dislike
Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
And the message is?
All down to the magical effect on a single injection of one quarter of the population..
And how could that be seen as propaganda?
The current lockdown is working
And it sounds like playing down the value of keeping it going when the sound of cash registers ringing again is the music the government want to hear.

Lets assume for the moment the lockdown was ended tonight, do you imagine the number infected and dying would continue to fall?
No chance at all is there?
I don't think it's saying that OG. Starting to Restrict Spread is hardly claiming to be a panacea. But by all means knock the good news. It seems to be a forte on here. To be honest I, m sick of this thread. Giving it a break. The entire ethos of it is just so depressing and negative. Every single slight suspicion of good news is shot down in tatters. From the roll out of the vaccine, to its positive effects, to the numbers infected and everything in between. It can't be healthy.
Take care OG. Stay safe matey.

Flecc
Wicky didn't call anyone irrational, didn't say I was shouting, didn't say I was 2 faced after I, d even admitted to being wrong. You managed to insult me after I had been self effacing. Unbelievable.
He posted about ONS which I disagree with, which is fine.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
B) vaccine roll out chaotic. - The distribution has been, undeniable fact.
Undeniably not perfect, certainly worse in some areas than others; but not chaotic.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I don't think it's saying that OG. Starting to Restrict Spread is hardly claiming to be a panacea. But by all means knock the good news. It seems to be a forte on here. To be honest I, m sick of this thread. Giving it a break. The entire ethos of it is just so depressing and negative. Every single slight suspicion of good news is shot down in tatters. From the roll out of the vaccine, to its positive effects, to the numbers infected and everything in between. It can't be healthy.

Flecc
Wicky didn't call anyone irrational, didn't say I was shouting, didn't say I was 2 faced after I, d even admitted to being wrong. You managed to insult me after I had been self effacing. Unbelievable.
Off you go again, and how many times is this? and of course you imagine it's the big bad world ganging up on you.,

The opinions expressed are genuine concern for the safety of the public, and let me remind you that calling me a hypocrite on frequent occasions was also uncalled for.
I am not. what you read from me does not change direction to seek popularity.

Anyway take care and here's to the next time! :cool:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Like the seemingly politically led gamble taken with vaccine admistration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56117560

Related ?

Seems World King Boris with seemingly unlimited budget is channelling his inner wartime Churchill with his Mulberry Harbours and Project Habakkuk.

Wonder how much Cummings is still influencing Boris behind the scenes - like Churchill had Frederick Lindemann.

Lindemann ( later created Viscount Cherwell of Oxford.) was a brilliant but arrogant intellectual, who quarrelled sharply with many respected advisers. His contribution to Allied victory lay chiefly in logistics. He was particularly adept at converting data into clear charts to promote a strategy.

Definately seems to be an Oxford old boys network that Boris has surrounded himself with.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Related ?

Seems World King Boris with seemingly unlimited budget is channelling his inner wartime Churchill with his Mulberry Harbours and Project Habakkuk.

Wonder how much Cummings is still influencing Boris behind the scenes - like Churchill had Frederick Lindemann.

Lindemann ( later created Viscount Cherwell of Oxford.) was a brilliant but arrogant intellectual, who quarrelled sharply with many respected advisers. His contribution to Allied victory lay chiefly in logistics. He was particularly adept at converting data into clear charts to promote a strategy.

Definately seems to be an Oxford old boys network that Boris has surrounded himself with.
Probably confusing PoW escape tunnels and their derring-do, gung-ho with heavy duty finance and massive civil engineering. Needs rather more than a Red Cross tin to dig that.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Flecc
I am delighted to see that the infection rate and mortality rate in the UK is declining, and is now about 25% of the peak value a few weeks ago. However exactly the same result is also appearing in other countries which have not had the Vaccines as long as has the UK, and the protection rate from the first jabs are only now starting to affect these statistics. The really good news is that when these get factored in that the decline should be even more pronounced.
It would be irrational to suggest that the social distancing and restrictive measures adopted around and after Christmas Day are not the major contributor to current figures .
My increasing concern is that any complacency or rapid opening of the economy will undo the good work to date. and if it allows people to slip though the net and bypass their second scheduled vaccine , it will create a large pool of chronic infection.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Wonder what the outcome of this will be? And how long it will take?

Brexit: DUP launches court challenge to Northern Ireland protocol

Arlene Foster claims UK-EU agreement has ‘driven a coach and horses through both the Act of Union and the Belfast Agreement’
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-ireland-protocol-judicial-review-dup-arlene-foster-b1805354.html
That court challenge will go nowhere. Even if they had right on their side, ... and to a certain extent they do, they do not have might, and in this case it is Westminster. This time, the Unionist community, many of whom are very upright and decent folk, do not have history on their side. There was a recent article about The Seamus Heaney Cultural Centre , It is housed in what was the local RUC ( Police Barracks ) , To many Unioniss many who know police men from there who were shot, and risked their lives daily find it difficult to be sanguine.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Related ?

Aria sounds like "Spaffing Control" to me!

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
It’s sounding like BoJo is setting out a timetable of dates for easing lockdown. I thought everything was going to be driven by data, not dates. That didn’t last long.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Does anyone else think it’s crazy to send all the school kids back in one big bang?

I may have mentioned, the majority of my working life has been spent in aviation. If the cockpit fills with smoke, the emergency drill is to pull all the bus circuit breakers. Once the smoke has cleared, you then bring systems back on line, one item at a time starting with the primary instruments. This process continues until either the smoke starts again or you successfully achieve the safe minimum to land.

This clown cart government is showing all the signs of wanting to switch all the systems on at once. Just how many times do they need to make the same mistake before they realise it’s a mistake?

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Did you know that Jeff Bezos, who is one of the world’s richest men, has seen his wealth increase during the Coronavirus pandemic by an amount sufficient to giving every one of his Amazon employees $100,000 each. If he gave that money away, he’d still be amongst the world’s richest.

A while ago, a young woman delivered some shite I’d ordered from Amazon at 10:00 pm on a dark, wet & cold Sunday night. She’d got a young child in the car with her. I don’t criticise the woman, I’m sure she wasn’t relishing the situation, more likely just trying to keep her head above water.

I’ve never used Amazon again and the story regarding Bezos’s wealth makes me more determined not to. These are the companies which need hammering with tax burdens to pay for the pandemic, but I know it will be PAYE monkeys that will cop for it.

• Agree

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Does anyone else think it’s crazy to send all the school kids back in one big bang?

I may have mentioned, the majority of my working life has been spent in aviation. If the cockpit fills with smoke, the emergency drill is to pull all the bus circuit breakers. Once the smoke has cleared, you then bring systems back on line, one item at a time starting with the primary instruments. This process continues until either the smoke starts again or you successfully achieve the safe minimum to land.

This clown cart government is showing all the signs of wanting to switch all the systems on at once. Just how many times do they need to make the same mistake before they realise it’s a mistake?
Wales started today - not sure of the details, but phased somehow. Something like up to 8 first.

• Informative

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Did you know that Jeff Bezos, who is one of the world’s richest men, has seen his wealth increase during the Coronavirus pandemic by an amount sufficient to giving every one of his Amazon employees $100,000 each. If he gave that money away, he’d still be amongst the world’s richest.

A while ago, a young woman delivered some shite I’d ordered from Amazon at 10:00 pm on a dark, wet & cold Sunday night. She’d got a young child in the car with her. I don’t criticise the woman, I’m sure she wasn’t relishing the situation, more likely just trying to keep her head above water.

I’ve never used Amazon again and the story regarding Bezos’s wealth makes me more determined not to. These are the companies which need hammering with tax burdens to pay for the pandemic, but I know it will be PAYE monkeys that will cop for it.
I understand why Amazon has been so important, to so many. But I agree and try hard to avoid them. More and more often, I find them significantly more expensive than some other companies. The thing that keeps them attractive is the postage - whether because of the fairly low limit for "free", or Prime. Have avoided almost entirely last year and this.

Advertisers