Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Alikening remainers to knuckle draggers is just like feeding people to animals??Only in your world OG..
Try to keep up that remark was made by Johnson in front of schoolchildren, so apparently as you are always keen to make excuses for the government, it's in your world.
Not mine!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I keep looking but I can't seem to find those sunny uplands we were promised, I can't believe those fine upstanding individuals such as Boris and Gove had been lying to us though so I guess I just need to keep searching they must be out there somewhere.
Don't worry so much - pour yourself a glass of prosecco, buy some craft-brewery beer, book a few domestic flights. You know it makes sense.

(Remember 1963?)

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Try to keep up that remark was made by Johnson in front of schoolchildren, so apparently as you are always keen to make excuses for the government, it's in your world.
Not mine!
Actually, I do not make excuses for the government. I try and be objective and don't call people fascists who obviously are not.

• Dislike
Reactions: oldgroaner

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
The bit I am most worried about is inflation: bank interest rate up to 3.5%.
Huge consequences for mortgages, real wages, stock prices etc.

The OBR says:

In both scenarios, a further sharp and persistent increase in costs means inflation peaks at 5.4% (1 percentage point above our central forecast and the highest rate in three decades) and then falls back more slowly than in our central forecast.

Based on a simple monetary policy rule, Bank Rate in our scenario reaches 3.5% (its highest since November 2008), thereby suppressing demand and moderating inflationary pressures, but even so it still takes a year longer for inflation to return to the target than in our central forecast.

At its peak, the impact of this vigorous monetary tightening prevents a further 2 to 3 percentage point rise in inflation, and without it the price level would be some 6-8% higher at the scenario horizon.
Probably more (private sector wages are going up by 4.1% to 5%). What to make of the oblivion? Government debt is, metaphorically, on variable rate and circa 4% interest will easily knock 30% of average property prices with all the other affordability problems (and have a dramatic effect on consumer confidence and spending). If I sat on a big portfolio or mortgage I'd sell.
Edit - and this isnt about t feckless reckless youth. Take some poor working sod that bought a studio for say 180k (good luck finding one for that). At 1.19% monthly repayment is £831. At 5.19% it becomes £1223.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
I’m still struggling with Dildo Harding’s thirty seven thousand million pound test & trace system. The one that made negligible difference to the covid outcome. I can’t get past it and move onto the budget and the other things. Where did all of that money go?

I was listening to James O’Brien on LBC this morning who ran a phone in about it. Just one example was the hire of gazebos. They were paying £500 per week per gazebo. The bloke had seen the same thing in B&Q for £120 to buy outright. These things were on hire for over a year, and may still be.

That’s just a tiny example, but a lot of people must have become stinking rich on the back of Dildo’s clusterfuck. Did you know that this same incompetent arse-hole is now the head of NHS improvement? Her CV is a total skip-fire. How does this happen?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I’m still struggling with Dildo Harding’s thirty seven thousand million pound test & trace system. The one that made negligible difference to the covid outcome. I can’t get past it and move onto the budget and the other things. Where did all of that money go?

I was listening to James O’Brien on LBC this morning who ran a phone in about it. Just one example was the hire of gazebos. They were paying £500 per week per gazebo. The bloke had seen the same thing in B&Q for £120 to buy outright. These things were on hire for over a year, and may still be.

That’s just a tiny example, but a lot of people must have become stinking rich on the back of Dildo’s clusterfuck. Did you know that this same incompetent arse-hole is now the head of NHS improvement? Her CV is a total skip-fire. How does this happen?
As a previous Mayor of New York, replied when asked what he put his success down
to replied
"Honest Graft"
And promptly disappeared along with three million Dollars from the City Funds.

Reactions: oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Update on our gas supplies...
Received a message and letter explaining they had gone and that new supplier would be taking over, and that they would be calculating our situation. (unknown at time) This was a while ago.
Yesterday received new message... Our calculated annual usage is £104 pa. (yes Per annum) but don't worry because we are £1250 in credit... So we have about 125 years worth of free gas... Might start selling it..

OG, website want to introduce an argumentative fecker emoji. Can they use your mush.

Reactions: Nev and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

With tiny little issues like:
Covid lab returned four positive results from 2,400 Sheffield tests
Exclusive: positivity rate of 0.2% for tests processed by Immensa in Wolverhampton contrasts with national rate of about 5-8%

Reactions: Jesus H Christ

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I don't know what game he (Richard Hughes, chairman of the OBR) is playing, the right wing press is going to make him minced meat.
I wondered that, he was only appointed (by Government) in 2020. He, ll be sacked or he, ll do a U turn?

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
As a previous Mayor of New York, replied when asked what he put his success down
to replied
"Honest Graft"
And promptly disappeared along with three million Dollars from the City Funds.
Dildo Harding has presided over an expenditure rate in excess of £1000 per second and still managed to achieve nothing. Despite spending £1000 every second, she has made no difference to the Covid outcome. That’s the story, the budget yesterday is insignificant by comparison to this level of waste.

Why is she now the Head of NHS improvement? How bad is the NHS if it needs that waste of blood & organs to improve it?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That’s the story, the budget yesterday is insignificant by comparison to this level of waste.
Hancock could not be seen to squander that much money, so our government needs someone like Harding to hand out contracts to the VIPs.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Advertisers