Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
The Doctor who objected to my vaping the other day, as I was waiting for my vaxx appointment, was wearing one of those utterly useless looking flimsy thin blue face diapers. I was double masked with KN95.

I don't think I've had any reaction at all to this Pfizer vaccine, which is worrying. I did feel a bit more tired than usual night before last, but that could just have been the annual resurgence of Xmas depression disorder.
But isn't Xmas depression disorder just a complete bitch, catastrophically worse than sunday neurosis or major depression. Unresolvable, I've concluded in my early fifties, either one self destruct as part of throwing oneself at life's fugly business, or one retire and disengage (and is left having interminable arguments about brexit on fora). We're all screwed (and the virus is the least of it).

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Predictably, the usual newspapers are portraying Boris Johnson’s as having defeated the kill-joy scientists and medical experts. Suggesting that he’s the hero of the people for putting to death all measures intended keep them safe. It even sounds mental. How can people allow these rags to do this to them?

Where is the cowardly streak of pi$$? Why isn’t he on TV explaining the reasoning behind his war on science or answering questions?

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and oyster

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Testing inUnited Kingdom

Click to change location
Latest available data
Virus tests conducted
Daily
1,582,378Value: 1582378 — Abstract information: Daily number of new virus tests conducted on Thursday, 23 December 2021.
Click for additional details.

Total

more tests more cases what the data shows ;)
Just keep on refusing the vaccine mate. If the virus eats you, the longer term outlook could be: 1) less drain on the benefits system 2) less demand on social care 3) less illegal drug production 4) less publication of ant-vaccination material 5) less chance of other people being infected due to your selfishness and lack of social awareness.

I can’t think of enough negative to counter all of these positives. So in your case, I’ll make an exception and suggest that you continue to refuse vaccination.

ps. I’m only saying these things because I love you and I want you and your mother to be safe. It’s my hope that you’ll see that you really should get vaccinated.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: daveboy and Zlatan

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Predictably, the usual newspapers are portraying Boris Johnson’s as having defeated the kill-joy scientists and medical experts. Suggesting that he’s the hero of the people for putting to death all measures intended keep them safe. It even sounds mental. How can people allow these rags to do this to them?

Where is the cowardly streak of pi$$? Why isn’t he on TV explaining the reasoning behind his war on science or answering questions?
The Mirror is right.

Express, Mail and Times seem more exercised by doubling, or tripling, of energy bills. About which Johnson appears not to give a damn - as usual.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
The Mirror is right.

Express, Mail and Times seem more exercised by doubling, or tripling, of energy bills. About which Johnson appears not to give a damn - as usual.
The energy story, whilst important, is a convenient distraction for newspaper owners to use to occupy people’s minds. Whilst people are thinking about higher energy bills, they aren’t wondering where the Prime Minister is at a time of critical decision making and a need for leadership. It’s boringly predictable.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
if you lived round here no one takes any notice at all since the start and back then there was no vaccine so no she has the same risk now as back then.
I think folk are lying to you SW. It's like when some Conservative mp gets in at a Labour constituency. You can't find anyone that says they voted for them. "no, I voted Labour"...

Stick your post code in here and see what uptake actually is. Yep, there are areas of London and Birmingham with lowish up takes but I doubt anywhere with as you claim
"nobody"..
Perhaps people saying what you want to hear??
Go get jabbed matey.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
any vaccine that runs out in ten weeks.
Probably a waste of time posting this for you because you only believe what some numpty says on YT, but the booster does not run out as you put it after 10 weeks. The effectiveness of the vaccine reduces by between 15 and 25% after 10 weeks, and by effectiveness they are talking about catching it and having mild symptoms. This (as I understand it) is the protection provided by antibodies and its these that have been reduced after 10 weeks. The system that stops you getting seriously ill and ending up in hospital is (again as I understand it) your Tcellls. This part of your immune system will last far longer than 10 weeks possibly for years and thats what really matters.

Regarding you not having had the virus yet, well that could be down to dumb luck or on the other had you may well have already had it but had no symptoms. The chances are over the next month or so you, and virtually everyone in the UK is going to be exposed to Omicron.

Unvaccinated people are about 11% less likely to end up in hospital if they catch Omicron as compared to Delta, no one likes taking these vaccines, but I would rather face catching the virus having been vaccinated than unvaxxed.

My 13 year old grandson lives with my wife and I, he has had Delta twice in the last few months, once extremely mild no symptoms and second time a much stronger infection coughed almost none stop for a couple of days. I'm in my 60s wife in her 50s neither of us caught the virus. Both of us are double vaxxed and boosted, although we will never know, I suspect the vaccines help prevent either or both of us from being infected too.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I think folk are lying to you SW. It's like when some Conservative mp gets in at a Labour constituency. You can't find anyone that says they voted for them. "no, I voted Labour"...

Stick your post code in here and see what uptake actually is. Yep, there are areas of London and Birmingham with lowish up takes but I doubt anywhere with as you claim
"nobody"..
Perhaps people saying what you want to hear??
Go get jabbed matey.
Heartily sick of government statistics - that only cover England. Despite a specific mention of Scottish areas!

Much of the time, I wish there was an England-specific site, so I'd know not to bother.

Nonetheless, your point is quite clear. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Nev and Zlatan

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Heartily sick of government statistics - that only cover England. Despite a specific mention of Scottish areas!

Much of the time, I wish there was an England-specific site, so I'd know not to bother.

Nonetheless, your point is quite clear. :)
I’m listening to David Lammy on LBC. He’s just stated the the Welsh Labour government have all the data and stats for Wales because they are in power there.

Personally, I think Lammy is a massive ****, but he may be correct about this. Equally, he could be talking bollicks. Who knows?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I’m listening to David Lammy on LBC. He’s just stated the the Welsh Labour government have all the data and stats for Wales because they are in power there.

Personally, I think Lammy is a massive ****, but he may be correct about this. Equally, he could be talking bollicks. Who knows?
Didn't somebody mention to you JC, Charlie Drake is in charge of Wales. We have Bozo, they have Charlie. Different politics but same shambles.

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My goodness I wouldn't attempt to say that without better fitting false teeth!
I like to keep my hand in with modes of expression.

Rather than verisimilitudinousness, I could have used truth, but the former came from the Shakespearean school of thought on the subject, whose founding principle is, like their Master's verbose examples,

"Why use a sentence when a whole paragraph will do".

• :D
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Yes - the Welsh government has figures and they have been good at making them available. But when something seems to claim it is UK, then it damn well should cover all four nations.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I like to keep my hand in with modes of expression.

Rather than verisimilitudinousness, I could have used truth, but the former came from the Shakespearean school of thought on the subject, whose founding principle is, like their Master's verbose examples,

"Why use a sentence when a whole paragraph will do".
Reminds me of saying about Rover engineers years ago... "why use 3 bolts when you can fit 5? "
I,ll be honest. Thought it was a made up word but looked it up... And thought only Flecc..

• :D
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I,ll be honest. Thought it was a made up word but looked it up... And thought only Flecc..
That post of mine puts into perspective the vast sums spent on education.

Rather than today's minimum of 12 years education for every child, plus two years of a form of compulsion, I only had 7 years before being expelled as I reached 14. And 4 of my 7 years with untrained local women doing the teaching due to the male teachers being away at war.

Since I've done so well without it, I do often wonder what the benefit is of the immense expenditure on children's education and teacher training.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
That post of mine puts into perspective the vast sums spent on education.

Rather than today's minimum of 12 years education for every child, plus two years of a form of compulsion, I only had 7 years before being expelled as I reached 14. And 4 of my 7 years with untrained local women doing the teaching due to the male teachers being away at war.

Since I've done so well without it, I do often wonder what the benefit is of the immense expenditure on children's education and teacher training.
What gets me so often is the apparent pride in being ignorant.

Some seem to wear ignorance as a badge and proclaim it at every opportunity. Or, at least, display it.

Not that knowing something is necessarily any form of badge of honour. We all know some things and not others.

Very often the old and clichéd aphorism comes to mind, empty vessels make most noise.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

Advertisers