Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The nuclear "Deterrent" doesn't appear to be working... on the upside, voters prefer vigorous looking BJ!

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All this might well be true, but in the Court of Public Opinion ,when you are explaining , you are losing...and that is where BJ is now.
Public opinion isn't the law.

As I acknowledged, he might have to go for political reasons, but it's far from true yet that he will be found guilty of a crime as many in here seemed to think.

It will be a pity if he is forced out, since his replacement will have over two years to patch things up enough for the inherent Tory English majority to prevail once again. So although a loss for Johnson, that would be a win for this Tory government that is largely just as guilty as Johnson himself, and certainly not deserving of reward.

• Agree
Reactions: Mrs Honeyman

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
All this might well be true, but in the Court of Public Opinion ,when you are explaining , you are losing...and that is where BJ is now.
I get the ethics (hancock rightly resigned for comparatively less serious transgression). But I worry what more putrid faction in the tory party is behind this (and what nefarious plans they have for the unsuspecting, and it must be said thick and frequently manipulated electorate)

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Welcome to the club.

Went to bed last night about 23.45. Woke up at 3.10am and then couldn't get to sleep again until some time after 6am. Woke from that second sleep at 9.35am and got up still feeling very tired and still with all the aches and pains of 85 years. At least I didn't suffer the painful tachycardia of six of the previous 16 nights.

I'm long beyond feeling sorry for myself though, it's my fault for taking so much care to avoid fatal accidents all my life.
Sometimes after a night of being dragged out of bed several times to assist my wife who is now at the stage of being incontinent and wetting the bed, I give up and go across to my easel and paint whatever is under construction there.

Then empty what is left in the dim dark recesses of my brain, till the next time reality intrudes.
I came one morning to a Eureka moment and realised that being born was actually a fatal accident in slow motion :cool:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sometimes after a night of being dragged out of bed several times to assist my wife who is now at the stage of being incontinent and wetting the bed, I give up and go across to my easel and paint whatever is under construction there.
View attachment 45531

Then empty what is left in the dim dark recesses of my brain, till the next time reality intrudes.
I came one morning to a Eureka moment and realised that being born was actually a fatal accident in slow motion :cool:
Beautiful painting OG, especially given such trying circumstances. It's a talent my older brother had but which isn't present in me.

Your last sentence concurs with my view, that the worst thing that ever happens to us is being born alive. That is when all the trouble starts.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Beautiful painting OG, especially given such trying circumstances. It's a talent my older brother had but which isn't present in me.

Your last sentence concurs with my view, that the worst thing that ever happens to us is being born alive. That is when all the trouble starts.
My Younger Daughter Kathryn is artistically talented and usually refers to my paintings in the way she did on the phone this morning.
"Hi Dad, are you both OK..how's the latest substance abuse coming along?"
To which I usually respond with something like "You're a credit to your Father wherever he is!"
It looks like I'm being grouped with Soundwave! :rolleyes:
Thank you for the compliment, by the way, which reminds me i haven't signed the last twenty plus paintings, which Kathryn assures me was a wise move as that way I can't be held responsible for 'em :cool:

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

:p

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021
Lo
View attachment 45531

Lovely painting OG.

I wish things were different, but I have absolutely no artistic talent:( I can slap emulsion paint on walls and myself though. Does that count?

Last edited:
  • Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Poor old Boris. Go down in history as ending his political career because of a cake.
Churchill survived Gallipoli, Blair started a war, Brown sold family treasure, Thatcher starved a few miners and started a war and we can only imagine what Heath got upto..

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Poor old Boris. Go down in history as ending his political career because of a cake.
he can't have his cake and eat it, that's all it is.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Boris Johnson:

I apologise. I really did not know it was my birthday. I am furious with myself.
When people started singing Happy Birthday, I thought they were all washing their hands!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Non sequitor time - again:

Kate Osamor (Lab) asks if the PM agreed with the chancellor to write off £4.3bn of fraud.

Of course not, says Johnson. Everyone should be proud of the huge effort made by government to secure PPE and ventilators, he says.

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Non sequitor time - again:

Kate Osamor (Lab) asks if the PM agreed with the chancellor to write off £4.3bn of fraud.

Of course not, says Johnson. Everyone should be proud of the huge effort made by government to secure PPE and ventilators, he says.
Take a recording of any PMQ since its inception and remove all the non-sequiturs.

The resulting recording would be akin to a performance of John Cage's 4'33" .

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Lo

Lovely painting OG.

I wish things were different, but I have absolutely no artistic talent:( I can slap emulsion paint on walls and myself though. Does that count?
Well it never harmed the careers of many "Modern" artists did it? :D
And thank you!:cool:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
View attachment 45531

Thank you, that lovely painting is very relaxing to view. Did you start with the background, then the top and work your way down, like Bob Ross? I do wish I could paint - I've got a couple of blank canvass frames, their fate may be grisly...

While looking for a signature, I couldn't help noticing the blue work to the right - is that a collage?

Last edited:

Advertisers