Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I use it as a drug, mostly benign (slowish) speed
Seems to be mostly (or entirely?) Robusta.
It gets you there. Overheating any dried food breaks down cellular structures and expresses flavour lipids - a great cheat, making flavours more complex. Tastes a bit gakky if taken too far.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Enjoyed watching Herr Starmer asking da kvestions today @12m 47s

Another funny bit @46 mins too. She must know she's doomed, surely, while tiptoeing and turning in all directions on the head of a pin...

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
guy forks had the right idea and blow the fkn lot of them up there worse than useless and unaccountable for there stupidity that will kill ppl they dont give a crap none of them do or ever will.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Better than Starbucks - but that isn't saying much. Seems to be mostly (or entirely?) Robusta.

Bearable when travelling but never a choice.

Coffee number 1 is one of the few chains I am happy to go to.
Better than Starbucks .. that's damning with faint praise. I dislike both and if required to drink something in Costa ,I will break out and get drinking chocolate. We have a chain here in Ireland called Insomnia , they usually are a small counter inside say a newsagents, and I like their coffee but I am now spoiled rotten, and cannot buy coffee in these places anymore. .. Nespresso has me ruined. The Vertuo system makes a very satisfying mug size at 55 cents

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just put Labour in by acclamation. Or all tories resign.

It's getting rid of this government that is so important - not how.
Or, since we need to make big savings, get rid of all the opposition and just have this government until the next election.

They are all the opposition they'll ever need, even Liz Truss as PM is better opposition for herself than Keir Starmer.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Just put Labour in by acclamation. Or all tories resign.

It's getting rid of this government that is so important - not how.
It's a refrain, I know, but truss of course isn't our problem rather the 200k twats, er signed up members of the conservative party, who, in a state of legal consciousness, preferred her policies to sunak's, gave birth to the nightmare. realise they will pay at ballot box (but deporting them to Rwanda would I think protect them better from themselves)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Better than Starbucks .. that's damning with faint praise. I dislike both and if required to drink something in Costa ,I will break out and get drinking chocolate. We have a chain here in Ireland called Insomnia , they usually are a small counter inside say a newsagents, and I like their coffee but I am now spoiled rotten, and cannot buy coffee in these places anymore. .. Nespresso has me ruined. The Vertuo system makes a very satisfying mug size at 55 cents
Absolutely feint praise - but intended. Still, Starbucks' coffee isn't as bad as their tea.

I am convinced that Starbucks' choice of coffee, aside from cost issues, is chosen to work with lots of milk, sugar, sysrups. As a black coffee drinker, it is foul.

Reactions: guerney

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It's a refrain, I know, but truss of course isn't our problem rather the 200k twats, er signed up members of the conservative party, who, in a state of legal consciousness, preferred her policies to sunak's, gave birth to the nightmare. realise they will pay at ballot box (but deporting them to Rwanda would I think protect them better from themselves)
Sunak would also be a disaster. But possibly slightly less of a Fukushima.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
guy forks had the right idea and blow the fkn lot of them up there worse than useless and unaccountable for there stupidity that will kill ppl they dont give a crap none of them do or ever will.

"Is that the coderoom?
get back to me with a transcript , this one has a weird sort of sense buried in the coding"

:cool:

• :D
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

BTW Those sheepskin leather earpads for the Sennheiser HD600 headphones are great! They don't get sweaty - I'll upgrade my RF wireless Sennheiser hdr-130 set with them too. Hate bluetooth, no range... awful quality...

...plus these have easily replaceable rechargeables.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What is the difference between a postie and Sir Graham Brady?

The postie only has one bag full of letters.

What is the difference between a postie and Sir Graham Brady?

The postie hasn’t got enough letters to play Scrabble.

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
BTW Those sheepskin leather earpads for the Sennheiser HD600 headphones are great! They don't get sweaty - I'll upgrade my RF wireless Sennheiser hdr-130 set with them too. Hate bluetooth, no range... awful quality...

...plus these have easily replaceable rechargeables.
I got a set of electet headphones from Amazon coming up to two years ago. Unfortunately they didn't really fit my skull or ears or something, and were dragging on my ears. Anyway, I found an operation called vesperaudio who made custom hear pads.. I think they were 50 euro.. which was high since the headphones were got at a bargain price of 100, but did have a theoretical list price of 400. .. Anyway they eventually arrived having been made in Belarus and with all natural leather and a wool padding are very nice indeed, and made the phones wearable... So look them up.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I got a set of electet headphones from Amazon coming up to two years ago. Unfortunately they didn't really fit my skull or ears or something, and were dragging on my ears. Anyway, I found an operation called vesperaudio who made custom hear pads.. I think they were 50 euro.. which was high since the headphones were got at a bargain price of 100, but did have a theoretical list price of 400. .. Anyway they eventually arrived having been made in Belarus and with all natural leather and a wool padding are very nice indeed, and made the phones wearable... So look them up.
Thank you - had never heard of them.

@soundwave

It's also interesting to me that they also make headbands, because my carbon fibre headband for the HD600 shattered after falling off my desk too many times, and is being held together by very tight zipties... and now that Sennheiser (panicked after the first lockdown) has licensed the designs of many of their products to an aspiring German hearing aid company, all the previously abundant spare parts for every part of those headphones, are as rare as hen's teeth. I was getting around to attempting a repair using epoxy resin.

I can't believe someone wanted a custom leather headband for Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Mind you, this could have been because Audio Technica don't sell replacement headbands? The padding of the ones I bought aren't as dense as Sennheiser's own, which is my only reservation in recommending these very comfortable goatskin leather earpads.

Wool as padding material seems like a good choice. Rice Crispy padding would be the worst. I might at some point stuff these with wool myself, because the leather isn't going to wear out for many years.

Myself and @soundwave like the Senheiser HD600, as many musicians do, for their very neutral flat response. The other reason I bought them decades ago was because every part was replaceable, but now that's no longer true, I may be forced to buy Beyer-Dynamic or Sony. An even flatter response can be achieved using Sonarworks - they may have a profile for your headphones:

I'm no musician actually - I attempt to make melodies and harmonies, to wind down after a long hard day thinking completely differently. It's much more fun than listening to music, and these days very easy - computers have democratised music. For anyone with an ear, getting to grips with the technology is quite a lot easier and cheaper than it ever has been.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It's undemocratic, and I'm shocked our constitution has allowed this Trussterfsck calamity to unfold.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Advertisers