Brexit, for once some facts.

esuark

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2019
kent
Liz Truss as PM is better opposition for herself than Keir Starmer
As a labour supporter I dont entirely mind her breaking a few more urinals before we drag her out, say in eighteen months
I think the worse bit is to have to keep looking at her/them. I'm in agreement with the Scottish lady with the "D" word.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hunt

But not clear if he is a real appointment or helping out.
Oh no, he's going to finish selling off the NHS... Virgin Galactic heart valves? Coca Cola liver transplants? Amazon have already had advanced discussions about being outsourced NHS services - and they've been given rather a lot of our private medical data. If Truss stays, it'll all be up for grabs by stealth. Hunt might have been chosen, because they are planning yet another re-organisation of the NHS?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so Quasimodo is sacked and been replaced buy a complete chunt :rolleyes:

we might get ww3 for Christmas :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I may be a sadist, because after trying not to hear her inane drivel, I enjoyed the questions... I don't watch TV, so wonder how many of these questions will feature on the beeb?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I got a set of electet headphones from Amazon coming up to two years ago.
You get a lot more bang for your buck with headphones... True to life sound reproduction seems elusive, even now. I do lust after electrostatic speakers like these:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
you could get a cheap acoustic room kit to make what you have sound better in the room you got just dont go nutz with it and cover everything lol.

Good seller too - my living room is a weird shape, loads of standing waves, so I'd need a few sets of those... but I'm not mastering, just making melodies and I don't need high fidelity speakers to hear that. Most of the time, I even turn down the mids and highs on the mixer, to save my hearing from Sennheiser's signature sound.

BTW my musician mate in Bali has sprogged, keeps complaining about being constantly interrupted for feedings etc. He's made inroads into the local music scene - Gamelan is driving him nuts, says it's everywhere.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Putin could drop a H bomb on Ukraine or elsewhere, thereby keeping radioactive fallout to a minimum.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You get a lot more bang for your buck with headphones... True to life sound reproduction seems elusive, even now. I do lust after electrostatic speakers like these:

Headphones are electret ..ie have a built in permanent electrostatic charge and are otherwise similar to classic electrostatics..but less costly . Similar type of construction with a panel not a cone. Mine were from a company called Mitchell and Johnson . The effect is slight but noticeable at the mid to high end .. guitars seem to vibrate a little longer, the clicks are clickery, I can distinguish more clearly the accent of a backing singer, .. things I had not noticed ..but once I do ,I can pick them up again on the Sony's or more standard headphones.

I once heard Quad Electrostatics loud speakers , back probably mid 1960 s , and I was absolutely convinced that there was a person behind me talking.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Headphones are electret ..ie have a built in permanent electrostatic charge and are otherwise similar to classic electrostatics..but less costly . Similar type of construction with a panel not a cone. Mine were from a company called Mitchell and Johnson . The effect is slight but noticeable at the mid to high end .. guitars seem to vibrate a little longer, the clicks are clickery, I can distinguish more clearly the accent of a backing singer, .. things I had not noticed ..but once I do ,I can pick them up again on the Sony's or more standard headphones.

I once heard Quad Electrostatics loud speakers , back probably mid 1960 s , and I was absolutely convinced that there was a person behind me talking.
I don't think the current government like those headphones.

They just try to ignore the electret.

• :D

Advertisers