Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You can download their accounts from the Charity Commission website. They used 25k of their reserve in 2021. There's nothing to see here. Same with Sunak's wife non-dom, she is an Indian citizen living in London, she pays her taxes in her country and 50k a year to HMRC to live here. I dislike tax dodgers but what they do is totally legal.
If you were to apply the same standards to BJ then he should never have been given a high office.
Truth will out - in my experience, the Charity Commission doesn't piss about when they've been alerted to a foul stench.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What did Hunt do to warrant such a strong opinion? So he approved the payment to his employee. 100k you said? It would actually be less than that after you take off national insurance and second pension contributions.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
What did Hunt do to warrant such a strong opinion? So he approved the payment to his employee. 100k you said? It would actually be less than that after you take off national insurance and second pension contributions.
Read the article Woosh. Bloke was paid £120k in the year charity started by Hunt raised £150k ish. If that doesn't raise alarm bells not sure what would. It stinks.
Screenshot_20221027_125703.jpg

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
this is a tiny outfit with just one employee.
How much should the guy who runs it be paid? How much business did he generate?
Compare that against what BJ earns in speaking fees in just one evening.
Both are wrong, defending either is ridiculous. The sole objective for this so called charity is not to help anyone (in actual fact all details /studies by Patient Watch have been put on hold.... Because of Covid) it's to pay this chap an exorbitant wage (it's a brilliant wage for anyone, let alone anyone who has done absolutely nothing to earn it)

How on earth can you justify a charity that gives 70% of its funds raised to its single employee?? The amounts are irrelevant, its the underhand nature of the charity and its founder. You really think anyone would donate knowing full well 70% of donation goes in directors pocket. It's a scam.
I, d be criticising anyone who had anything to do with " Patient Watch", but it's especially ironic that Hunt, called in to sort finances, with his whiter than white attitude should be central to blatant cronyism. They go way back. Pathetic.
BTW he should be paid feck all. He has achieved nothing. At least Boris speaks and attempts to entertain.
The Hunt/Smith scam was set up in 2019 on the High morals of conducting research into patient safety... As yet no papers, results or findings published. They initiated a blog (it's around 100th the size of this thread, its on their site) Smith occasionally comments on it.
By your reasoning flecc is owed £200k a year?? Give up Woosh. You are defending a lost cause.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Both are wrong, defending either is ridiculous. The sole objective for this so called charity is not to help anyone (in actual fact all details /studies by Patient Watch have been put on hold.... Because of Covid) it's to pay this chap an exorbitant wage (it's a brilliant wage for anyone, let alone anyone who has done absolutely nothing to earn it)

How on earth can you justify a charity that gives 70% of its funds raised to its single employee?? The amounts are irrelevant, its the underhand nature of the charity and its founder. You really think anyone would donate knowing full well 70% of donation goes in directors pocket. It's a scam.
I, d be criticising anyone who had anything to do with " Patient Watch", but it's especially ironic that Hunt, called in to sort finances, with his whiter than white attitude should be central to blatant cronyism. They go way back. Pathetic.
BTW he should be paid feck all. He has achieved nothing. At least Boris speaks and attempts to entertain.
You should fact check before you post.
It's not No 55 Tufton Street.

The guy who runs it is Adam Smith. He's got the right credentials and London based. Do you know the average wage of a London executive ranking guy? He's not particularly well paid. Where his wages come from is not the public purse.
Besides Hunt, the other significant trustee is James Titcombe OBE. He was the Care Quality Commission’s National Adviser on Patient Safety.
Why don't you take him down?
leave it.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Covid vaccine - appointment arrived a week or so ago. Not sure whether advisable for me so contacted them to ask. They replied and said yes, fine. (Though I was not exactly reassured. Ended up thinking I'd feel more of a fool getting/passing on Covid than having a vaccine issue.)

Today, actual vaccination. Got to the pleasant nurse/person who asked me some questions about health, etc., and decided I needed to be referred to their consultant!

This was the precise situation I tried to avoid!

Waiting for call...

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You should fact check before you post.
It's not No 55 Tufton Street.

The guy who runs it is Adam Smith. He's got the right credentials and London based. Do you know the average wage of a London executive ranking guy? He's not particularly well paid. Where his wages come from is not the public purse.
Besides Hunt, the other significant trustee is James Titcombe OBE. He was the Care Quality Commission’s National Adviser on Patient Safety.
Why don't you take him down?
leave it.
You leave it.
Defending sleaze,which is for all intents and purposes exactly what brought Boris down.
I never mentioned address you quoted. If I, ve got it wrong so has Guardian and both these.

You seriously surprise me Woosh. This is exactly the type of behaviour which ruins our democracy. They all have their sticky fingers in the till. I wonder if you, d pay one of your employees similar renumeration for so little results. Geography is nothing to do with it.
You are only so rude to give me instructions to leave it because you know full well its wrong.

I suppose this is fine from Hunt aswell
Screenshot_20221027_151853.jpg

Yep, leave it tho I suppose.
Time you practiced what you preach and fact checked your posts
And no doubt we should ignore this.

Hunt is as sleazy as the worst of them, its followed him throughout his career. Fact.
And that's before we mention Hunts links to Murdock and the fiasco that caused, but in true Tory fashion he got an adviser to fall on his sword for that too. Fact check Hunt sleaze Woosh. Plenty to read.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: guerney

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
OK, you win. I read about those stories in the right wing press. I can go back to the explanation given by his accountant but I don't think you will change your view. I am pleased that Hunt is chancellor because like many pensioners, I put a fair amount on the ftse. Maybe you do too. He is a lot better than sunak for the job.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
OK, you win. I read about those stories in the right wing press. I can go back to the explanation given by his accountant but I don't think you will change your view. I am pleased that Hunt is chancellor because like many pensioners, I put a fair amount on the ftse. Maybe you do too. He is a lot better than sunak for the job.
Fair comment.
Seems our politics is rife with, if not illegal, but certainly self serving, actions. In scale of things perhaps his indiscretions are minor and he is probably a gifted enough politician for it to be of no detriment. We'll see. Let's hope so..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the job center will just ship them down to there providers to do a course on how to wipe your ass on a budget and charge £3k for it :p

Reactions: guerney and Woosh

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Fair comment.
Seems our politics is rife with, if not illegal, but certainly self serving, actions. In scale of things perhaps his indiscretions are minor and he is probably a gifted enough politician for it to be of no detriment. We'll see. Let's hope so..
i guess the subtext in all of this is one nation conservatism vs the erg - the former seeming to have the upper hand for now. not that i imagine any of this will last, leaky sue is rapidly fracking the tory factions & laying sunak's extreme & quite repulsive right wing values bare. Not that, as you say, there's anything remotely likeable about any of them.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
i guess the subtext in all of this is one nation conservatism vs the erg - the former seeming to have the upper hand for now. not that i imagine any of this will last, leaky sue is rapidly fracking the tory factions & laying sunak's extreme & quite repulsive right wing values bare. Not that, as you say, there's anything remotely likeable about any of them.

Can't quite understand why folk seem to think Hunt is any different..
He gives out a nice caring thoughtful demeanour. Reality is the opposite. Let's hope he does a better job as Chancellor than Health Minister.
I wonder if Adam Smith of Hunt's Patient Watch Charity has read linked report.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

Can't quite understand why folk seem to think Hunt is any different..
He gives out a nice caring thoughtful demeanour. Reality is the opposite. Let's hope he does a better job as Chancellor than Health Minister.
I wonder if Adam Smith of Hunt's Patient Watch Charity has read linked report.
Truss inadvertently make everyone seem OK (if jimmy Saville were alive we'd be relieved if he took over). And the electorate is spectacularly naive. But this is a familiar short tory honeymoon with the usual cupboard of braying skeletons everyones getting familiar with, hunt won't last

Reactions: guerney and Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That's 10% of the donations

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018