Bring back the old format web

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
I find navigation using the new-look website impossible. I can't be alone. Why, for instance, should classified ads and stolen share the same entry page?

• Agree
Reactions: Jimod

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Reworks of websites are often irritating. I hadn't noticed the navigation changes for the limited parts I look at regularly. However the new css styling looks quite good in typical modern wishy-washy style but is two steps back for legibility. Two particular things I notice:
  • Lots of low contrast text in slightly darker grey on slightly lighter grey might look good but is poor design for people who want to read it.
  • The difference between bold (unread) and non-bold (read) is too subtle.
~~~
Also, in preferences/Are you male or female? there are three options (No selection, male, female) but only two radio buttons. I seem to have been changed from male to female in the site upgrade (but I may well have filled it in wrong in the fist place?) Luckily it didn't hurt.

Last edited:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
I find navigation using the new-look website impossible. I can't be alone. Why, for instance, should classified ads and stolen share the same entry page?
They won't....

We're still restructuring much of the content, but it takes time and there are only 24 hours in a day!

Reactions: LeighPing and D C

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I never like it when a forum changes and always wish it had stayed the same, but I usually find that after a few weeks of getting to grips with the new forum I would not want to go back to the old one. I am hoping I will feel the same way about this forum.

Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its really pissin* me off having to scroll up every time i want to hit the forum button tho and the 4 quick links where all that should be are useless.

problem is the owners cant code so any changes will have to be done buy there web developer and all of this should have been beta tested b4 it went live its like they picked the theam layout off the shelf paid the cash and now look at it pmsl.

if its not broke then dont try to fix it ;)

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Well, just for a change, I can find nothing to moan about! I can log in without any problem of warnings popping up. There is no green box that keeps sliding in from the left. Everything loads fast and all the subject matter is clear enough. I don't visit that often as it's always full of negative, moaning comments, but I will be chair-bound for a couple of weeks, so may visit more often.

Reactions: flecc

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Perhaps it's my declining eyesight, but the contrast between read and unread posts is insufficient.

Navigation is harder and less intuitive than before, certainly on a laptop.

I'm inclined to visit less often, and when I do I'm probably missing threads I could contribute to.

Hopefully from the site's point of view the impact of the changes on users overall will be more positive than negative, but it's a thumbs-down from me.

TedG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Lisburn Co Antrim Northern Ireland UK
Someone correct me as necessary but was there not a selection of icons to express like, dislike, agree, informative etc which could be added to posts?
If there were and I am not over 90% senile could someone tell me where they are now please?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Someone correct me as necessary but was there not a selection of icons to express like, dislike, agree, informative etc which could be added to posts?
If there were and I am not over 90% senile could someone tell me where they are now please?
hover over the smiley face in the bottom right corner

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
When I click on the smiley I get about 13 icons.

• Agree
Reactions: D C and flecc

TedG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Lisburn Co Antrim Northern Ireland UK
Hover - click - double click - right click - left click all bring the same oval icon showing a "like" or a "happy face". Certainly nothing like I used to have before the site was altered. :(
My laptop, tablet and PC all show the same issue.

Edit
Now I see Flecc agrees with the familiar green tick. what am I doing wrong?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hover - click - double click - right click - left click all bring the same oval icon showing a "like" or a "happy face". Certainly nothing like I used to have before the site was altered. :(
My laptop, tablet and PC all show the same issue.

Edit
Now I see Flecc agrees with the familiar green tick. what am I doing wrong?
Here's a screenshot of your own post with all the smileys showing after I clicked on the smiley icon on a PC, so not sure what's happening on your kit:

Icons.jpg