Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For me they never went away :D.

• Useful
Reactions: TedG
D

Deleted member 128

Blimey O'Riley, my icon list has just reappeared!!!
Where did that come from?
You need to leave the cursor over the smiley icon for a second or 2 before they pop up and sometimes it can take even longer.

Reactions: TedG

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
Still much prefer the old format....hence my seldom appearances.
Crockers,
I prefer the older format as well.

Your "seldom appearances" quote may be indicative of the reduced numbers of active users on the new forums.
I get the general impression that the old site had a larger number of active users.
Perhaps the admins could let us have some monthly figures before and after the change.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Go to agree with you guys. I'm by no means an old dodderer, nor had I become addicted by years of usage to the old site; I only joined the forum last summer. I have to say, however, that the previous style forum had many advantages (well rehearsed on the thread) over the present one. Nothing seems to be happening though, yet many have asked for a greater contrast between read and unread threads to quote but one example.

Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Trouble is the change was due to the site host's changes and many of the things disliked not under the control of pedelecs.

I'm afraid that fashions change, and the web is as much prone to that as any other part of life.

Just look at computing now with its tiles and apps instead of menus and programs. All pointless irritants as far as I'm concerned.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev, TedG and POLLY

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Yes, I take your point, fleck, and I realise that some changes are imposed externally. Still must be possible though for some accommodation of member wishes and suggestions for making the new site somewhat easier to use for members - many of whom are older? At present there seems to be a deafening silence.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Apologies for repeating a post, but it may be helpful. I can quite see many will not want the faffle, but it does make read/unread very clear, and also makes regular posts a little easier to read. It's a shame when fashion is allowed to override function.

I've added the Stylebot extension to Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha/related?hl=en) and added the following to my Stylebot rules. Not ideal but works OK.

.is-unread .structItem-title {
background-color: #ffff40;
}

.message-body, .structItem-title a {
color: black ;
}

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Can we please have more delay on the scroll buttons which appear in the bottom right corner. Sometimes by the time I moue over there they are hidden and I have to re scroll to make them come back.

They are almost invisible on the bottom navigation too - a white border around the button would help.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Is it my imagination but the site layout has changed again. Now somewhat more similar to the old format. Or have I just lost the plot.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Is it my imagination but the site layout has changed again. Now somewhat more similar to the old format. Or have I just lost the plot.
You must be getting used to it. Diplomatic way of saying you've lost it :p

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Is it just me or is anyone else finding that they keep getting logged out of the site despite having the box ticked to stay logged in ? I'm not clearing my cookies out and I'm not ad blocking the site. Never had a problem like this with the old site

• Agree
Reactions: JPGiant

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
....many have asked for a greater contrast between read and unread threads to quote but one example.
This has been changed, let me know if you think it has improved or not.

Thanks
Russ.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Changes...what changes, hasn't it always been like this?o_OI do suffer from bad short term memory by the way.:p

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Hi Russ,
I the change you are referring to is the change in thread title colour from bold purple to black once a thread has been read. I certainly find it a big improvement, and welcome the change.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Can we please have more delay on the scroll buttons which appear in the bottom right corner. Sometimes by the time I moue over there they are hidden and I have to re scroll to make them come back.

They are almost invisible on the bottom navigation too - a white border around the button would help.
Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot change this at present. Other admins have asked Xenforo to allow the time interval to be changed but I don't have a timeline I'm afraid.

Thanks
Russ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the default style is way better will use that from now on :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
noooooo put the button back fkn gone lol