Broken Torq Kickstand

C

Cyclezee

I managed to snap a couple of inches off the end of my stand this morning. Forgot to fold it when setting off, then caught it on a kerb. I'm thinking of a Pletsher ESGE Zoom as a replacement or maybe the Pletscher twin leg kickstand unless anyone has a better idea?

J:eek: hn

Last edited by a moderator:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I put the twinleg on my Q bike which has the same mounting as the Torq, but replacement is fiddly with the battery mount in place. The stand legs are marked at 1 cm intervals to make cutting for height adjustment easy.

A propstand is fine though if a long enough leg one is chosen for that high frame.

C

Cyclezee

I put the twinleg on my Q bike which has the same mounting as the Torq, but replacement is fiddly with the battery mount in place. The stand legs are marked at 1 cm intervals to make cutting for height adjustment easy.

A propstand is fine though if a long enough leg one is chosen for that high frame.
Thanks for the advice Tony,

It took me quite a while to get the broken one off as there is only room to turn the allen bolt about an 1/8th of a turn as the controller is in the way. I'm sure you found this. I like the idea of the twinleg stand giving more stability, but will do a bit of shopping around.

J:) hn

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I lost patience with the fiddlyness and unscrewed the battery mounting platform to fit the new one. Still not much room but at least it got some cabling out of the way or able to move.

The twin leg isn't as stable as you might expect though, the staggered fore and aft leg position and fairly narrow spacing on the ground due to it's design limiting it's stability. You can see that in this photo:

C

Cyclezee

Thanks again Tony,
I see what you mean about the twin leg stand. Maybe I will just go with my first choice of a Pletsher ESGE Zoom.

J:) hn