Brompton Electric Bike... Made by Brompton

BigG

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2016
Co Durham
When I started this thread I posted a detailed report. All was well.
Then I had problems that neither the dealer nor Brompton could solve so I got a full refund as it was deemed “ not fit for the purpose “.
I posted that I would wait until the spring and try again.
Well I waited a bit longer as I was waiting to see what the surgeon suggested about a second knee replacement...... I got fed up waiting so ordered a new Electric Brompton H6R .
My original one was one of the first off the production line and there must have been a problem with a batch of motors, controllers or whatever to cause the problems they couldn’t fix at the factory.
I got the new one a month ago and so far have covered 100 very pleasurable faultless miles... it’s a different beast entirely.... very smooth and plenty of power... far more than the original.

Reactions: Woosh

Dave Y Fenni

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2017
Y Fenni
Hi Big G
In Feb. & Dec 2017 I had both knees replaced. This May I had further knee surgery. It has not stopped me using my Volt. What did stop me was several spokes failing on the same rids. Had a total rim replacement and rebuild of the hub driven wheel. Back on the bike and it helps, with the knees.
Enjoy it!

BigG

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2016
Co Durham
Hi Big G
In Feb. & Dec 2017 I had both knees replaced. This May I had further knee surgery. It has not stopped me using my Volt. What did stop me was several spokes failing on the same rids. Had a total rim replacement and rebuild of the hub driven wheel. Back on the bike and it helps, with the knees.
Enjoy it!
I found cycling really helps after knee surgery... full movement and pretty good muscle strength bearing in mind I had my kneecap removed 40 years ago which loses a lot of “leverage “.
The reason I was holding back on purchase was I didn’t want a new bike sitting there and unable to use it for about six months!
The new one, as I said in my last posting, is fantastic and am using it every day while the medicos decide what to do with my other knee. It is helping keep / increase muscle strength which helps “post op” whenever they decide to sort it for me.
The other bit of great news is I’ve sold my standard Brompton (non electric) for a very healthy £880 which is truly amazing for a second hand bike!

Related Articles

Advertisers