Brompton EWC made my choice

Danni

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2009
Hello

for all of you that have kindly helped me over the last few days - just to let you know I am going for the electric wheel company conversion. I spoke to a Martin who advised they have some new smaller batteries - so I am getting 2!

the box is arriving this week to ship to EWC.

I really hope it is all going to be as good as expected!

thanks for the help. I will post when it arrives - and give my impressions!

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Danni,

Glad you got there in the end. I would be interested to know about their smaller batteries ?

I know the inital designer used a 36v, 2.3mAh power tool battery with a mod so that it would fit on the front of their modified luggage block.

When its all done, a write up and some pictures here would be great for others considering EWCs option.

Regards

Jerry

Danni

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2009
I;ll post here when it arrives! I'm sending it off on Monday, I think I might be the first with the new smaller batteries - so we'll see.

Martin suggested the twist throttle is what most people get - but I've had two responses that the other the thumb throttle might be better,

not sure.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Very much a personal thing. I find keeping a thumb throttle held on more awkward and prefer twistgrip throttles, but having been a motorcyclist for many years might have influenced that preference.