Bronx Sun Runner

Berkshire Boy

Just Joined
Jun 7, 2015
bike1.JPG Hi everyone - am new to electric bikes but my elderly neighbour wants to sell his Bronx Sun Runner.

It's as new in very good condition - see photos.

Can you tell me what it's worth and whether there would be interest in buying it ?
Thanks

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I've tried one of these.

Surprisingly good ride for such an old design.

Pricing this one is hard, it's obviously in good condition but I don't think Sun Runners are collectors' items.

It's up against budget Chinese ebikes from about £600 upwards.

I would rather have this Sun Runner than a cheap new Chinese bike.

But I suspect few buyers would agree with me.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's a Chinese bike. All the parts are about middle of the road for a Chinese bike. Front motor, rear Nexus 3 hub.
What's special about it? Battery on the handlebars?

D

Deleted member 4366

My guess is that it would go for between £300 and £400 on ebay depending on how much you can convince people that the battery is OK.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
My guess is that it would go for between £300 and £400 on ebay depending on how much you can convince people that the battery is OK.
£400 buys you a tesco hopper, as fr as i can establish teh same specs with a guarantee in a much friendlier small wheeled package, i know which i'd go for..

Reactions: jonathan75
D

Deleted member 4366

The Hopper's only £350 now. It's been reduced.

laurenisit

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2013
The Hopper's only £350 now. It's been reduced.
hi, i have one of these sunrunner bikes, got it for my wife, the battery is capute, are you familiar with this bike? could you adise me how to go about replacing it, even with a different battery, my knowledge in these matters is zero, please make me a hero in my wifes eyes again, thanks.

iannorwich

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 18, 2018
norwich uk
hi, i have one of these sunrunner bikes, got it for my wife, the battery is capute, are you familiar with this bike? could you adise me how to go about replacing it, even with a different battery, my knowledge in these matters is zero, please make me a hero in my wifes eyes again, thanks.
Hi, I'm over near Norwich with a near identical mission, the girls have bought a sunrunner for Mum. The idea was I fix it and she uses for shopping etc. Just wondering how you got on getting a replacement battery pack?
the pack is missing on our's, I reckon I can fix or replace the cells ok, but need a shell assembly first.
Any chance you may have a heard of any spares??
Cheers Ian

D

Deleted member 4366

A friend of mine has one. In the next few weeks I'm going to convert it with a modern battery to get more range.

iannorwich

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 18, 2018
norwich uk
A friend of mine has one. In the next few weeks I'm going to convert it with a modern battery to get more range.
Hi, I understand the container houses the battery cells and also the on/off switch...
would like to get one, to save moving/adding switch etc, also will fix to handlebars as clips are already there.
So if its available please let me know.
Thanks Ian