Bulls electric bikes

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes :)

Apr 19, 2011
Spaghetti Yeh! ....then you'll know the bat management wont know what capacity cells you're using so long as V remains same, no? ....so take bread knife to std bat and piggyback additional cells.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Hi Dave max speed is not 15.5mph, it's 17.3 (25kmh + 10% margin, which all mnfs I know take advantage of), and last year VOSA confirmed that unlike rest of EU speed pedelcs don't need number plates in the UK.
That said I agree with you, to my mind speed pedelecs really arnt worth the extra bother.
James
Have you got a link to the VOSA info, on not having to register a S pedelec.A lot people on here on here still think you do need to register them.

Sent from my D101 using Tapatalk

Reactions: EddiePJ and trex

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hi Dave max speed is not 15.5mph, it's 17.3 (25kmh + 10% margin, which all mnfs I know take advantage of), and last year VOSA confirmed that unlike rest of EU speed pedelcs don't need number plates in the UK.
That said I agree with you, to my mind speed pedelecs really arnt worth the extra bother.
James
James, it isn't like you to join the 50 cycles club and sell S-Pedelecs into the UK when we all know they cannot be registered and therefore cannot be legally used on UK roads.
Unless you have changed your advertising it is suggested that you can register a 350 watt Bulls bike in the UK,you and I know that just is not possible.
KudosDave

Reactions: EddiePJ
Apr 19, 2011
Have you got a link to the VOSA info, on not having to register a S pedelec.A lot people on here on here still think you do need to register them.

Dave who said you don't need to register an S-Pedelec?
I said that they do need to registered BUT DON'T NEED A NUMBER PLATE.

This arrangement is not of my invention, it's from VOSA new vehicle dpt.

Apr 19, 2011
James, it isn't like you to join the 50 cycles club and sell S-Pedelecs into the UK when we all know they cannot be registered and therefore cannot be legally used on UK roads.
Unless you have changed your advertising it is suggested that you can register a 350 watt Bulls bike in the UK,you and I know that just is not possible.
KudosDave
You're have been misinformed Dave. Speed pedelecs are perfectly legal in the UK.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
You're have been misinformed Dave. Speed pedelecs are perfectly legal in the UK.
James,I would welcome that to be true....please advise how you register one?
All the communications I have had with VOSA have drawn a blank,I even took one to our local test centre and said I wanted to register it as a light moped,the tester said it was impossible.
This is all becoming boring...IF THERE IS A MEANS OF LEGALLY REGISTERING S-PEDELECS FOR USE ON UK ROADS,PLEASE TELL US HOW TO DO IT?
Dave

Last edited:

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
James,I would welcome that to be true....please advise how you register one?
All the communications I have had with VOSA have drawn a blank,I even took one to our local test centre and said I wanted to register it as a light moped,the tester said it was impossible.
This is all becoming boring...IF THERE IS A MEANS OF LEGALLY REGISTERING S-PEDELECS FOR USE ON UK ROADS,PLEASE TELL US HOW TO DO IT?
Dave
Its all in the MSVA manual.The tester should of been told to look in the manual.I used to buy a few reliant parts off a local guy.He got a MOT licence,we where talking about custom motorcycle trikes.He was saying you need twin headlamps a certain distance apart for a trike you sit on like a motorbike.I said no only if you sit side by side like in a robin.He looked in his manual and said, we'll you learn something new every day.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Its all in the MSVA manual.The tester should of been told to look in the manual.I used to buy a few reliant parts off a local guy.He got a MOT licence,we where talking about custom motorcycle trikes.He was saying you need twin headlamps a certain distance apart for a trike you sit on like a motorbike.I said no only if you sit side by side like in a robin.He looked in his manual and said, we'll you learn something new every day.
I agree,the tester showed me the manual but so much of it didn't apply to a bicycle. Let's be honest if you had just spent £5k on your Bulls S-class bike you wouldn't expect to be trawling through a VOSA manual to be able to use it on public roads,let alone bolting on headlights etc.
Why do sellers disappear the minute you press....IF ITS SO EASY TO REGISTER AN S-CLASS IN THE UK!TELL US HOW TO DO IT?
This information is so important to so many pedelec members.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Sorry James,once again you make a bold statement 'Speed pedelecs are perfectly legal in the UK' then dissapear when pressed as to how to register one.
I have been in China and at shows for the past month so I was hoping you were about to advise us as to how Speed pedelecs are UK legal,some change happened whilst I was away.
Or was it hopeful optimism on your part?
I dont see how I was misinformed,would you care to elaborate.
KudosDave

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Well you learn something new ever day.So a Morgan style trike can have one headlamp ?
The Morgan EV3 only has one headlamp. And two fog lamps.

Reactions: craiggor

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Sorry James,once again you make a bold statement 'Speed pedelecs are perfectly legal in the UK' then dissapear when pressed as to how to register one.
I have been in China and at shows for the past month so I was hoping you were about to advise us as to how Speed pedelecs are UK legal,some change happened whilst I was away.
KudosDave
Dave, James always conveniently fails to answer direct questions in relation to the Speed pedelecs, or by memory, software issues relating to the brose system.
I'm reminded of a dealer from Hampshire that has the same habit, and nothing would convince my to buy from either one.

The website shows some very iffy and incorrect information about the subject.

Taking the above screen shot as an example, nowhere does it state that unregistered, you cannot legally use the bike off road, other than on private land with no public access or right of way.

On that basis, I assume that anyone choosing to buy the bike, could firstly potentially end up in some very legal hot water, if caught using it off road. Secondly, I would also assume that any buyer would have a very strong legal case against James for being untruthful and misleading. I'd still like to know where these test rides are held.

Even if the bike were registered, which seemingly isn't possible despite his claims to the contrary*, then there are still only three places that it could be legally used. On a public highway provided that all legal requirements and conditions are adhered to. On byways open to all traffic, and finally on private land with no public access or right of way. I can't think off anywhere else that it could be used, and it certainly couldn't be used at places such as National parks, bridleways, and trail centres.

Altogether a pointless bike to own.

* If it were possible, then James would already be doing so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electrifying Cycles
Apr 19, 2011
KudosDave
Dave you've been asking me the same question for many years. The only way you'll get the answer your looking for is if a)you figure it out, b) I'm working for you, or c) you're working for me.

I think a) is best for both of us for the time being don't you?☺

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so how would i reg my bike then as its r class???

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Full RMSVA including test on inflatable air bags and stabilizers.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I agree with Kudos Dave, Our other business requires us to register vehicles with the DVLA so we have experience of working with them. It is not possible without spend lots of money altering the bike. Some of our suppliers have tried and I am yet to see any evidence you can simply register a speed pedelec to legally ride it on the road. If it is possible you would expect James to prove it, after all it would be good for business as more speed pedelecs and people would respect him for showing how you do it. However I do not believe it is possible and have seen no evidence to prove otherwise. I do not think it is fair to get potential customers hopes up.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Dave you've been asking me the same question for many years. The only way you'll get the answer your looking for is if a)you figure it out, b) I'm working for you, or c) you're working for me.

I think a) is best for both of us for the time being don't you?☺
OK,if I buy one of your S-class bikes can you register it for me to use on the road?
KudosDave