Buying the right bike for the right reasons

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have always wondered why some people have a shed full of bikes..
And now I know..
My trusty steed cost me nearly 3 grand 3 years ago, any is now worth what? Probably not a lot!
So I buy a new one and what to do with the old one?
Answers on the back of a cigarette packet...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id say stick it on ebay for £1500 or best offer and see what interest you get.

as the motor will be as new now its fixed should get around that easy imo.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
depends what the spec is on it and how big the frame is tbh as you can get a cube so say new for 1500 but all the parts are cheap.

if it dont sell list it for a grand or best offer.

my m8 want a xxl large frame and none in stock till august, next years bike be out not long after that and not even electric.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
depends what the spec is on it and how big the frame is tbh as you can get a cube so say new for 1500 but all the parts are cheap.

if it dont sell list it for a grand or best offer.

my m8 want a xxl large frame and none in stock till august, next years bike be out not long after that and not even electric.
Mine is a Scott e aspect 910 29er 9speed bosch classic. large frame with a 400 and 300 batteries.
And mudguards...
It has a rack and 2 panniers that I use for bits of shopping and ebay post office runs so not too worried about selling just yet.
http://ebike-mtb.com/en/e-mountain-bike-test-scott-e-aspect-910/

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
should have no problem selling that just what price you be happy with tbh. can see it going for a grand easy.;)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I was once cought out in a summer thunderstorm .. actually once i was thoughrowly wet it was quite invigorating and yes in a strange way enjoyable....
The hard pack track turned into a river in minutes but only problem was that as a spectacle wearer my vision was severely compromised making it hard to see where I was going...
You wouldn't catch me dead riding in mud and rain (rain on the hard sealed road is enough) but I will row in anything. My favorite row in the rain story is one Sunday morning in Spring I hurried to set off because I knew what was coming. I had done about 750 metres before the sky opened but as I was up to temperature I was fine. Couldn't see more than ten metres and had to stop to bail from time to time, when you have to bail a skiff it is serious rain...

When I got back after my 15 km row I was warm and as dry as a bone and I met the guys who had set of after me. They were just off the float when the rain started and did about a kilometre before packing it in chilled to the bone.

Moral of the story: If your body is at temperature and it rains you will be fine. If you set out cold in pouring rain you will suffer. I think that in England you must suffer more than in the south west of France...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
moped? bosch motor is off power steering they all are ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
New bike collected today and after a nice 10 miles I must say that I am impressed with the bike..A considerable climb on to the moors and back on a rough and muddy track
Mostly the ride and the ability to change the suspension from the bars.. going really soft over tree roots and mildly stiff for everything else.
I notice that I can pedal on happily at a fair speed in echo and only needed tour to climb hills that required sport on the other one..
All in all the right bike bought!!2016-04-09 13.21.38.jpg

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just needs a dropper post ;)