Cadex C7400ER Battery Analyzer - DP-1KW Dual Pulse CD Welder

haase

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2015
North London
Hi to all,

I will be taking delivery of a Cadex C7400ER battery analyzer (also C7400) and a 250J Dual Pulse capacitive discharge spot welder and pure nickel tape for battery tab welding.

I would welcome anyone with any experience of the above to give some guidance and welcome members to send their suspect Li-ion, LiFePO4, NiCd or NiMh batteries for analysis and reconditioning. As it will be an exercie to gain expertise with the kit, it will be a free service until further notice.

The same applies to making battery packs. I have a few kilos of pure nickel tabbing tape.

Last edited:

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Good luck with it all! I've recently bought a 788+ dual pulse spot welder via ebay from China and have to say that using it is wonderful - a complete non-event, no drama or anything. So much easier than trying to solder to cells.

Michael

haase

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2015
North London
I almost bought one of those but changed my mind as I wanted a more professional machine due to change of plans. Also saw some negative comments about the 788+.

I do have a LabFacility L60+, 60J thermocouple welder and use it regularly so the transition to spot welding with the new welder should be fine.

I am glad you are happy with the 788+.

DP-1KW

Last edited: