camcorder for helmet

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Then it fails because my connection dropped three hours in :mad: *bangs head against wall*

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
got one.......first test.........

well, got the 7 day shop camcorder......
gave it a test run round the block....... attached to cycle helmet. speeded it up to take only 4 video minutes from a 16 minute journey (dont want to bore you too much!!!!!) but it does make it look 'shaky' speeded up........ it was raining a little........thats the misty bit ......
camcorder easy to use.....edited out the date/time imprint.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNcaiGwZabQ

regards

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Show us a bit without the superspeed - I didn't get the shakes on my helmet, so whether mine was stuck on more securely (I only used duct tape, which seems to be the industry-standard!).

A

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
Show us a bit without the superspeed - I didn't get the shakes on my helmet, so whether mine was stuck on more securely (I only used duct tape, which seems to be the industry-standard!).

A
yes will do.......the red track bit is very bumpy and i was doing about 35km/hour coming back on the downslope, and then on the downhill road runs up to 40km/hr (160km/hr)....... (ie 140km/hr on the speed up !!!!)
used velcro and duct tape , so probably my head rolling about not the camera being loose ......

regards

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Thanks for the normal speed version.

Blimey, I thought our roads and tracks were rough, but that first one! And I think you're right, as on the proper road at the end of the film, the shaking about is much reduced. Nice views, and nice quiet ride, too.

A

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Amazing quality, aannddyy - and very little camera shake, either from your 'ed or the forks.

Is there any sort of view-finder on the camera, or is the positioning just a matter of trial and error?

Allen.

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Amazing quality, aannddyy - and very little camera shake, either from your 'ed or the forks.

Is there any sort of view-finder on the camera, or is the positioning just a matter of trial and error?

Allen.
The lens is at the front so very simple to get the positioning fairly accurate, my videos are a couple of degrees off center so there is a little trial and error.
Have a look at this site for a couple of pictures of the internals of this gadget GeekGreek.com » Keychain spy camera mod The newly fitted Maxxis Hookworm tires help adsorb the bumps. I have also tried the cam on the handle bars.

Last edited:

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Last edited:

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Double posted, will put videos etc here later.

Here is an on and off road vid with the cam on the forks,
YouTube - offroad ebike

Anyone tried these cameras with Windows 7? The eBay ads never mention it which is worrying.
The cam quality is a lot better before being converted by Youtube.

Iain
OS Supported: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista (32 bit version only) /Windows7, Mac OS X+, Linux 2.4.2.

Last edited:

iaing

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
L31
Anyone tried these cameras with Windows 7? The eBay ads never mention it which is worrying.

Iain

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
The 7dayshop camera and the Camsports work with Windows 7 using Windows Live Movie Maker. I suspect any USB camera will.

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk

Allen.
I can set up this one (number 8) as a web camera connect it to my lap top as a web cam get it positioned perfectly then switch it back to video mode.

Switching between the two modes.
Extract taken from chucklohr.com 808
first you need to hold down the start/stop button (aka mode button), then hold down also the on/off button, count to 3, release on/off then release start/stop. This way, it switches between Removable Disk and USB Video Device

Last edited:

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Thanks for the tip, Andy. Unfortunately, due to having a very small flat, I have never bothered going wireless, so my computers are connected via a wired router, and short of lugging the bike indoors or getting some very long leads, I shall have to forgo that quick version for now!

A.