Camera advice needed

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
LCE do make mistakes.
Thanks for the tip! Good to know. I'm forever hunting for certain cameras and lenses going cheap.

It is the 1st, the 4k original theat reviews say are = to the GoPro 7.
2. Inspecting footage closely on Youtube, DJI have made the aperture too large - consequently the plane of focus is too narrow. Especially in low light, objects too far away become blurry; shallow depth of field... which could be a problem when recording number plates.
Apologies, I should have said I was closely inspecting night footage of the DJI Osmo Action 3.

I look forward to seeing your night vids.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@Saracen: I also had doubts about the DJI Osmo's magnetic mount. The clip on and clasp mount of the GoPro Hero 7 Black, is solidly secured to my helmet's chinguard. I don't believe we're visited by aliens, so videos of the sky aren't required - to remove guesswork, I've made a small gaffa tape block to lower the camera's angle, so it records my bike's display, along with vehicles etc. I simply insert the camera, fasten the clasp, rotate the camera back against the block and go go go.

This framegrab has been edited, but you get the picture. Target acquired.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Oh man... this is really good. On third and last picture I would level horizon.

Open a new thread and carry on. 1st and 5th pictures are amazing.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Oh man... this is really good. On third and last picture I would level horizon.

Open a new thread and carry on. 1st and 5th pictures are amazing.

I always attach that one, I took that at 12, 1969, my FIRST camera, Praktica Super TL

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
No chance at whatever settings your camera was using - too much blur even when the plate is near the middle of the frame where there's less motion blur.
I think you are looking at the wrong tool. You don't need 60 frames per second. You need just one.

So you should be rather trying to find out how to install on handlebars a DLSR with Bowens flash head.

Look at this baby:

;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I think you are looking at the wrong tool. You don't need 60 frames per second. You need just one.

So you should be rather trying to find out how to install on handlebars a DLSR with Bowens flash head.

Look at this baby:

;)
Unless the plates are travelling very fast + too far away to damage me + it's very dark, my GoPro Hero 7 Black does a good job of recording number plates. Also if the plates are so dirty they're not clear to the naked eye. "6000LM" of headlights help when the plates are in their beams.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
I recorded a rather quick motorbike a couple of days ago. It passed by in one direction driven so hard it was audible continuously even when out of sight until over a hill and far way. When I heard it coming back there was time to set up the micro tripod and record it passing.

Still trying to extract reg, 10pm light not ideal, but from white line correlations speed seems to be between 55 and 70 m/s...

Looking for a frequency analyser app for Android that could listen on one device whilst playing video on another to measure by Doppler effect...

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers