Can anyone help me with a pinout diagram for a XLR 4-pin Derby/Kalkhoff Agattu Impulse 36V battery?

Chiron

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 5, 2015
Hi all.

Can anyone help me with a pinout diagram for a XLR 4-pin Derby/Kalkhoff Agattu Impulse 36V battery (or charger),please?
I can`t seem to find it anywhere.
Hope someone here can help me out.

Best regards from
Ron

Chiron

Nov 5, 2015
Doesn't anyone have a schematics on the XLR 4-pin plug in here? I want to make a charger that can reside at my sister's house, so I won't have to drag the original charger around. Please help, or point me in a general direction to search, because I can't find this info anywhere on the internet. :-| I found the following picture online, but it didn't state any brands or anything, so I won't take the chance to damage the battery.

Attachments

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
You cannot really rely on this anyway. These are repurposed microphone jacks

Best to buy/borrow a multimeter and test your charger to determine +/-

Do you have another 42v charger already then? Just with wrong connector ?

Chiron

Nov 5, 2015
You cannot really rely on this anyway. These are repurposed microphone jacks

Best to buy/borrow a multimeter and test your charger to determine +/-

Do you have another 42v charger already then? Just with wrong connector ?
Hi Kirstin!
Thanks for your reply, yes, I have another 36/42V Li-Ion charger that I wanted to connect to a 4-pin XLR that's supposed to stay in my sister's garage. (Around 10Km from here.) Ok, so I only need to find + and - on the battery then? I have to be careful. would have been nice to not probe too much on the open XLR plug. ;-)

Best wishes from
Ron

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ok, so I only need to find + and - on the battery then? I have to be careful. would have been nice to not probe too much on the open XLR plug.
To minimise the risk of shorting in the confined XLR space, first check the battery base connection to find the negative there. Since the negative is often common though the system, you can use that base negative for one probe, meaning only one exploring the XLR for the positive.

Reactions: Chiron

Chiron

Nov 5, 2015
To minimise the risk of shorting in the confined XLR space, first check the battery base connection to find the negative there. Since the negative is often common though the system, you can use that base negative for one probe, meaning only one exploring the XLR for the positive.
Thanks for the tip. Usually, I would presume the bike was negative -,, but you'll never know with these beauties. ;-)

If anyone has a diagram for the Impulse 36V, I would be very grateful, I tried at Kalkhoff, but they seemed to think I had stolen the bike, in the way their email was written. Tragic. :-|

Best wishes!

-Ron

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If anyone has a diagram for the Impulse 36V, I would be very grateful.
There's absolutely nothing of this nature ever released Ron, so no hope of finding it. This is common practice with such bike crank motor units. The precedent was set almost 15 years ago by Panasonic with their crank unit which was strictly repair by replacement with a two years warranty, uniquely long at that time. No technical information has ever been released for them.

It's why I set up my Haynes Manual method Panasonic Support Site to enable at least some repairs to be achieved.

Reactions: Chiron