Can anyone recommend - 36v/350w/135mm/Juliet/36h compact rear hub motor for 16" wheel?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
If their imformation is correct, then the motor from Motowoks is much slower, so will not reach 400 rpm @ 48v. This matches the spec. from Bafang.
The standard speed G310 is 8.5 rpm/volt, see the ebike.ca page

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
The standard speed G310 is 8.5 rpm/volt, see the ebike.ca page
Yes, saw that, conflicting info from 2 resellers and the manufacturer, what's new, eh o_OPosssible that ebike.ca have faster wind for US market? It's not unheard of for Bafang to make changes without notice, BBS02B for instance.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Bafang are known to be conservative in the specs on their web page. ebike.ca sells two even faster winds for 20" and 16" wheels, see the wheel I posted further up the thread. Maybe their standard wind is done specially for them? They have a testing machine to read out the actual rpm/v IIRC.

In any case with my planned 14S 48v battery hot off the charger even at the bafang 7.6v/rpm that equals 445 rpm and at nominative voltage 393 rpm which is a bit too close for comfort. I will follow Bafangs recommendation and keep the current down, for the planned use I don't need over 500 W anyway just top speed between 45-50 km/h.

This motor is really a positive evolution in hub motors:

- cable comes out of axle side not end (I am about to rewire my mates front bafang, he fell of and cut the cable at the axle end...)
- light weight - 2.5 kg which saves 300 grams over my Mxus. Less than 3 kg in the wheel with the Chinese 11-42 cassette I am trying out
- easy to take appart for maintenance and to add oil cooling
- loads of torque because of high internal rpm