Can someone identify this bike, in order to find a battery?

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have a friend whose parents have purchased an electric bike or scooter from a UK auction sale, paying £250. They intend to keep it just for holiday usage whilst in France. The bike looks to be in good condition, but when they got it home they found it did not have a battery. I'll put some pictures below to see if anyone recognises it, so that I might help source a battery.

I have asked my friend to obtain a photo of the battery connector, and possibly the data chassis plate, if such a thing exists. If we can get voltage/power requirements that might help. It's hard to tell from the pics whether it is a scooter-with-pedals (which might imply a lead-acid battery) or a bike (which might point to a lithium battery).

The names "gmb" and "l'avenir" turn up nothing in my internet searches, and the decal of "AXA SL7" seems to belong to the wheel lock, not the bike.

If I get stuck I might suggest this website - other recommendations welcome and appreciated.

Last edited:

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Here are the images:

bike1-sm.jpg bike2-sm.jpg bike3-sm.jpg

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Your e-bike is a GMB L'Avenir which was made in Taiwan and also sold under the name Merida 500 or 510. In some of them it used a 24 volt 10Ah lithium battery, but at one time earlier it was SLA equipped. Knowing the battery connectors will reveal which your is. Other than knowing it was rated at 230 watts, I don't have any more details.

We had a member with one over two years ago, pedelecs name Mijak and signing himself Mike.

P.S. Just did a search for Mijak and found this thread with similar information.

Last edited:

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Ooh that was quick, thanks very much folks! I owe you all virtual pints :cool:

If I get another photo I will put it up here.