Can you identify this e-hub please

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Hi Folks
I got this hub from ebay about 7 or 8 months ago and built it into a wheel
can anyone give me any more information on it ,
It is a new brushed motor ( 2 wires , it works with 12 v applied across the motor )
It has a built in motor freewheel ,
what voltage will it run at ? with which controller ?and who was the manufacturer ?

thanks in advance emmaehub.jpg

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
In the absence of more info, I would try it on a bike on 24 volts and see how it performs. For testing, you do not need a controller, just a switch that will handle up to 30 amps. Peddle up to say 7 MPH before switching the motor on. If performance is inadequate, try 36 volts.Hopefully, someone will recognise your motor.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not one I've seen before. The name on it appears to use Cyrillic related characters, the central and i characters are "shi", but the first and last character don't correspond accurately to the characters of any Cyrillic language that I know. However, the last letter is very likely to be a "d", making the last part of the word "*shid", but that first character which is probably a 2 or 3 letter compound stumps me completely.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Much as I would love to help, I haven't the imagination to guess what comes next.
A tempting thought. :)

But T is still T in Cyrillic like symbol forms, except in Old German and Hebrew. I'm fairly sure the last character is just a slightly stylised D, since this character has had many such tweaks through time. This one Д is a more typical Cyrillic D.

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Thanks for the input so far

The only other marking on the wheel is an 11 character alpha numeric string that starts with EB and ends with a H all the rest are numbers

I know it is either 24v or possibly 36 volt and came from a reasonably common
e-bike manufacturer , I was told it has metal gears and wasn't to be confused with cheaper units ,
It is destine to be living on the back of our other trike I am upgrading to disc brakes and electric assist (.I thought it would be nice to have a freewheel unit that you dont have to turn the motor when not in use )
I could use the PHG method ( poke , hope , grope ) to find the answers or to build a jig to hold the wheel and test it thoroughly before stretching the rear triangle to fit as it is almost 7" wide now its spaced for a 7 speed block . It makes me think it might have been a single speed or 5 speed unit in a former life !!!

regards emma

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
The outlined characters at the start look like E and B to me

At the bottom of the hub there is a serial number which definitely starts with EB

If I was Sherlock Im sure I could give you more but sleuthing best left to those with knowledge on such matters !

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
There are a couple of other characters that did not and do not photogragh well as they are in outline I have tried again to catch the light to capture their image
bigger.jpg
Thanks for the input so far

emma

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Likely to be Chinese pictograms. That last picto looks very like the 'Yi' shown on the handlebar display of the fantastic sprung seat bike just posted on another thread