Carrying a spare battery.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's true Pete, the basket is a bit of a restriction. Obviously some top projection is necessary for that quick release hook system even if the bags were underslung a bit.

The only thing I can think of offhand is a spacer plate on the carrier centre line to raise the surface to the same level. Maybe a strip of softwood about 13" x 4" x the necessary thickness, painted to suit. The hook points could be cut out to accommodate those, and the board could be "U" clipped into place to keep it a permanent feature.

Alternatively, with U shaped small tool clips on the underside, it could be clip on and off, or yet again, perhaps it could be attached to the underside of the basket.

Last edited:

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Ian. You might be pleasantly surprised. As long as you cycle slowly the terrier will adapt. My dog and I progress in a series of shuttles. First, I lead and then she overtakes...and so on. I often walk and push the bike and she happily copes with that too.
The fear is that because the dog stays so close, and is quite small, there is a risk of striking her with a pedal, or running over a paw. She is however a fast learner and we are fortunate in having a large country park nearby in which to practice.