Charger port

Debbiedoo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2019
Hi my name is Debbie from Stockton on Tees need advice on where will I find a charger port for povabyke electric bike please

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You need to tell us which model of Powabyke you have, then ask the question in a different way because I can't understand what you mean.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pictures to help identify said charge port type may help.

Debbiedoo

Jul 20, 2019
You need to tell us which model of Powabyke you have, then ask the question in a different way because I can't understand what you mean.
I don't know the model number it's just a povabyke and it's where you charge the bike

Attachments

D

Deleted member 25121

Is the socket damaged, why do you need to replace it?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not 100% but looking at the charge point possibly looks like the v+ pin is missing from inside the DC connector. It may be a standard type connector you need to measure/show us a pic of the charger jack looks like it will be either 5.5mm x 2.1mm or 5.5mm x 2.5mm dc connector, they are the most commonly used ones.

Debbiedoo

Jul 20, 2019
Not 100% but looking at the charge point possibly looks like the v+ pin is missing from inside the DC connector. It may be a standard type connector you need to measure/show us a pic of the charger jack looks like it will be either 5.5mm x 2.1mm or 5.5mm x 2.5mm dc connector, they are the most commonly used ones.
Is this applying to me

Debbiedoo

Jul 20, 2019
If this message is for me I don't know how to measure it and if it's a5.5 x 2.1mm will I be able to get one

Debbiedoo

Jul 20, 2019

Attachments

Debbiedoo

Jul 20, 2019
I'm hoping that I Will be able to get one somewhere or someone must be able to sell them I'm so gutted I can't use my bike I need to know the price

D

Deleted member 25121

Have you looked at the link that vfr400 provided for RCA sockets on eBay:

do they look like your damaged component (your photos a bit too blurred to say for sure)?

If they do then you can easily order one on eBay. To fit it you'll need a soldering iron, some solder, some heat shrink sleeving, some small pliers and something to cut and strip the wire. Be very careful not to short the 2 wires together.
If you don't have these plus some soldering experience I suggest you visit a local bicycle repair shop, it should take them less than 15 minutes to replace the socket assuming they can source the correct one.

Debbiedoo

Jul 20, 2019

do they look like your damaged component (your photos a bit too blurred to say for sure)?

If they do then you can easily order one on eBay. To fit it you'll need a soldering iron, some solder, some heat shrink sleeving, some small pliers and something to cut and strip the wire. Be very careful not to short the 2 wires together.
If you don't have these plus some soldering experience I suggest you visit a local bicycle repair shop, it should take them less than 15 minutes to replace the socket assuming they can source the correct one.
Yes it is dammage sorry about the phone got a crap phone so which is the best one to get off eBay

Debbiedoo

Jul 20, 2019

Which correct socket do I get off eBay I know someone with experience to sort it I just don't want to buy the wrong one