Charger port

D

Deleted member 25121

Which correct socket do I get off eBay I know someone with experience to sort it I just don't want to buy the wrong one
That's difficult to say when the photos aren't so great, I suggest you show your friend the damaged socket and ask them to find a replacement. You could suggest they start by searching on eBay for "rca panel mount" as vfr400 suggests.
Almost certainly the part that's needed is run-of-the-mill and not specific to Powabyke. It should only cost a £ or 2. It should be an easy fix.

Debbiedoo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2019
That's difficult to say when the photos aren't so great, I suggest you show your friend the damaged socket and ask them to find a replacement. You could suggest they start by searching on eBay for "rca panel mount" as vfr400 suggests.
Almost certainly the part that's needed is run-of-the-mill and not specific to Powabyke. It should only cost a £ or 2. It should be an easy fix.
Thank you

Debbiedoo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2019
I've looked on eBay and type in vfr400 sorry they nothing like what I'm after that picture I sent was something similar

D

Deleted member 25121

I've looked on eBay and type in vfr400 sorry they nothing like what I'm after that picture I sent was something similar
Take your damaged socket to your friend, they should be able to identify what's needed.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The RCA looks more like this and not the DC 5.5mm ones I mentioned.

Reason for the damage is an electrical short either the socket on the battery and somehow the V- tab has contacted against the V+ contact area or the charger plug is faulty.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If your charger male plug looks like this on the end then
you need the female RCA type vfr and also I have linked too.

Also test the voltage on the chargers end socket to make sure it gives the correct voltage but be very careful not to allow the probes contacts to touch each other or to short a cross both the centre pin and outer metal part.
Centre pin is V+ outer case is V-.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If your charger male plug looks like this on the end then
you need the female RCA type vfr and also I have linked too.

Also test the voltage on the chargers end socket to make sure it gives the correct voltage but be very careful not to allow the probes contacts to touch each other or to short a cross both the centre pin and outer metal part.
Centre pin is V+ outer case is V-.
Ebike RCAs are slightly different because they have power on them. If the pin stuck out, like the one in your picture, it would short the charger if it touched anything metal, so ebike ones have a shorter middle pin that doesn't stick out. OP needs the female one. I'm pretty sure that any will work as long as the inner sleeve isn't too deep inside. You can only look at the pictures to see which ones look dodgy and which ones look OK. Unfortunately, they don't show that in most pictures.

• Agree
Reactions: ebiker99

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I tried messing with the image to get a better look, looks like the centre pin is snapped. Wondering if it got too hot ?1563741925250182079922.jpg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This one will work.

Same one cheaper from HK if you can wait.