Help! Cheap bike with cruiser handlebars and battery on downtube

noodlesUK

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2022
Am I looking for something that doesn't exist or is it out there somewhere??

I recently hired an e-bike on holiday and fell in love with it. I have lupus so struggle with severe fatigue and joint pain, and being able to spend a day bike riding with my husband and son was something I never imagined I could do. Obviously now I want one! It was the first time I had used cruiser handlebars as well and I'm amazed at the difference that makes in terms of my back and shoulder pain compared to when I last tried to ride a 'regular' mtb.

The main issue for me is price, I'm going to have to finance it and need something as cheap as possible to reduce the strain it'll make on our budget. All of the decent looking classic style e-bikes I've seen online for under £1000 have the battery on the back rack which makes them incompatible with a child seat. On family days out my son will go with my husband but I want the option to be able to take him out for shorter journeys during the week.

I've been obsessively researching and come up with nothing so really hoping someone can help - or tell me to give up before I drive myself insane!! Thanks :)

AliC

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2021
Firstly disclaimer not an expert. What about the Woosh Rambletta? A bit over budget but battery in the frame. Not sure about a child seat but I'm sure Woosh could answer that for you
I've got a Oxygen bike and the bike shop where I bought that from could change the handlebars so that might be an option if the handlebars aren't right for you.

Reactions: Stanebike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ezee electric bikes make the classic style Sprint model with the advantage of an old style rear of seat post battery, not on the rack. This style pushes the carrier further back so better for mounting a child seat. It's also got a slightly swept back handlebar which might suit, 26" wheels too, so the child seat not too high up.

Sadly though nowhere near your £1000, few good e-bikes are: