choosing a doner.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
think i might have bottled the idea of buying a turbo levo. so now the idea is to build something around the bafang bbs02 so i can use my 36v battery with 2 bikes. i want my BPM hub as a commuter/shopper with baskets and the mid drive for messing about in the dirt.
now do i use my old rock hopper for the mid drive or leave that with the rear bpm hub.
i was toying with the idea of a full suspension for the mid drive, maybe a trek fuel.

D

Deleted member 4366

Mid drives offer more advantage than hub-motors to FS bikes because of the lower mass in the wheels. Like already said, you need to find a donor bike with a conventional BB, otherwise you need to make or buy some adaptors and figure out how to make a torque arm.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Seen a couple of used trek fuel 9 on fleabay at a reasonable price. Just wondering about the battery space in a full suspension frame.

DouglasXK

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
Oxford
I’m an admirer of dveh’s botte batteries. If you can’t make one, you can buy good reliable ones. It’s the small size that’s attractive; fits anything securely and cheap enough to keep one as spare. I’m building a pack with 70 cells which weighs 3.5kgs and it’s difficult, to say the least, securing such a pack neatly to the frame and I’m not cycling over rough ground - other than our local roads.

JulesCT

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2017
Buckinghamshire
When I am choosing a doner, I normally go for a lamb with plenty of salad and a tiny bit of spicy sauce.

Confusingly I am also looking for a donor bike and am waiting for the bonus salary to come in to purchase a second hand Voodoo Bizango. Generally great reviews for the bike and BrightonBikes can equip it with the BBS02B and all the gubbins in January.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Worth repeating:

donor
ˈdəʊnə,ˈdəʊnɔː/
noun
  1. a person who donates something, especially money to charity.
    synonyms: giver, contributor, benefactor, benefactress, subscriber, donator

antonyms: recipient
host1
həʊst/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who receives or entertains other people as guests.
So far I have put all of my kits on host bikes, you know the ones that receive...

JulesCT

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Worth repeating:

donor
ˈdəʊnə,ˈdəʊnɔː/
noun
  1. a person who donates something, especially money to charity.
    synonyms: giver, contributor, benefactor, benefactress, subscriber, donator

antonyms: recipient
host1
həʊst/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who receives or entertains other people as guests.
So far I have put all of my kits on host bikes, you know the ones that receive...
Might as well...

doner in British(ˈdɒnə)

noun

another name for doner kebab

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk