Clacking noise - Kalkhoff Impulse 2 motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jst_at_home

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks again for the messages on this forum. I have now emailed you at the address given.

Edit:

Come on guys... is this a joke?

"We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (after-sales) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
* The owner of the group may have removed this group.
* You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
* This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at https://support.google.com/a/50cycles.com/bin/topic.py?topic=25838.

Thanks,

50cycles.com admins"
I think the e-mail address is wrong and should be aftersales@50cycles.com.

I want to say at this point that I have found 50 Cycles to be good and when I have spoken to people there they have been attentive (albeit that sometimes it has been difficult to get hold of anyone).

I do not envy the position they are in but as another previous poster said in his analogy to Mercedes-Benz, would I buy another? Probably.

I told a friend of mine yesterday of my bicycle problem and his reply was "well you've enjoyed it over the last two years". And he's right, I have.

John

Will Tinker

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
I think the e-mail address is wrong and should be aftersales@50cycles.com.

I want to say at this point that I have found 50 Cycles to be good and when I have spoken to people there they have been attentive (albeit that sometimes it has been difficult to get hold of anyone).

I do not envy the position they are in but as another previous poster said in his analogy to Mercedes-Benz, would I buy another? Probably.

I told a friend of mine yesterday of my bicycle problem and his reply was "well you've enjoyed it over the last two years". And he's right, I have.

John
Thanks for that - I've re-sent my message, so hoping that'll find its way to them this time.

It's good that you got 2 years of fun out of your bike... mine... well, I've had it 10 months and I wish there hadn't been so much motor trouble during that time. The rest of the bike feels fine (slightly creaky handlebars aside) but I haven't really had that 'riding a great bike' feeling in all honestly.

Jst_at_home

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2014
My bike is being collected this afternoon and going back to 50 Cycles so we'll see what's what.

I have to say, my local car accessory shop also sells cycles and I was looking at an EBCO bike in Saturday. Don't know how good they are but it was less than £1k!

J

Jst_at_home

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2014
Might add that I have a few other addresses for 50 Cycles and sent my last e-mail to them all (but if a scatter-gun message) from Outlook with delivery receipt requested, hence after-sales bounced but the others appeared not to.

J

Will Tinker

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
My bike is being collected this afternoon and going back to 50 Cycles so we'll see what's what.

I have to say, my local car accessory shop also sells cycles and I was looking at an EBCO bike in Saturday. Don't know how good they are but it was less than £1k!

J
Sounds interesting. Do you know what motors they use?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Did you look closely? Norauto sells those and E. Leclerc too IIRC. Look again at the brakes, they scare me.

Jst_at_home

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2014
I didn't! I guess that's where the extra cost is. The brakes and all the hardware on my Kalkhoff seems to be top notch.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Did you look closely? Norauto sells those and E. Leclerc too IIRC. Look again at the brakes, they scare me.
Conventional rim brakes, should be perfectly ok. These are on all the EBCO hub motor models and the Tranz mid-motor model. Disc brakes on their bikes only start at circa £2000 with the Bosch unit models.

EBCO are a sound company, the two brothers who run it originally introduced mountain bikes to Britain in about 1980, but have switched their attention to e-biking.

• Informative
Reactions: IR772

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
The problem is that to the ordinary guy they wouldn't what are bad brakes until too late.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The problem is that to the ordinary guy they wouldn't what are bad brakes until too late.
Brakes are for wimps. Many decades ago when we only had chromed steel rims with rim brakes, it meant virtually no braking in the wet.

So then we just sat on the crossbar and pressed our shoes down onto the road to stop. :)

Alloy rims spoiled the fun since their rim brakes do work in the wet, but also wear out in the way steel rims never did.

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
Nothing wrong with rim brakes, I could quite easily go over the handlebars on the Gtech. They work fine in the wet as well..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nothing wrong with rim brakes, I could quite easily go over the handlebars on the Gtech. They work fine in the wet as well..
Yes, with alloy rims. You'd have a shock using them on steel rims in the wet!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
My concern was bending the v-brake arms. I bet you could do it by hand, flimsy, flimsy. The bikes in Norauto and E. Leclerc motor accessory shops make Decathlon bikes look high end!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My concern was bending the v-brake arms. I bet you could do it by hand, flimsy, flimsy. The bikes in Norauto and E. Leclerc motor accessory shops make Decathlon bikes look high end!
With their huge experience I'd be very surprised if Rob and Rick Stanforth marketed a bike with brakes that were dangerous. They formed Saracen Bikes back in the 1980s to introduce mountain biking to Britain and sold over a million mountain bikes. They more recently sold Saracen to set up EBCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.