Complete conversion kit vs. replacing parts

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Emily, Woosh - did you manage to sort it? what was the cause... and solution?
it was a loose connection. Emily sorted it herself.

SilverTurfer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 27, 2019
Cambridge
I've given up on mine now, I'm going to stick it back on eBay for spares and repairs.
A bit disappointing and it has cost me a fortune.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can fix it for you. If it's just replacing the controller LCD and sensors, the cost is about £130 including labour.

SilverTurfer

Jul 27, 2019
Cambridge
I can fix it for you. If it's just replacing the controller LCD and sensors, the cost is about £130 including labour.
Hi Woosh, if you think you can fix it, I'll bring it down to you again.
Remember you had a look at it back in August. When I brought it down to you.

pravg

Just Joined
Aug 17, 2020
Perhaps not clear to everybody: in the first Gazelle e-bikes the controller was in the headlamp . The hubmotor comprised a planetary gear (plastic gear wheels) with a one way clutch.
In the next model the controller was positioned in the hub on the motor. Motor type as in the first model.
In the third model the motor became a direct drive motor with controller in the hub on the motor. This model can be modified for recuperating electric energy.

SilverTurfer

Jul 27, 2019
Cambridge
Hi Pedelecs...
I got rid of my 10 year old Gazelle Inergy, it could have been a great bike, but it had to go,
I was just throwing more and more money at it.
In the end I treated myself a couple of months ago to a brand new:
Gazelle Ami, I like this bike more and more every time I ride it.
Its a bike designed for old codgers like me ;)
It has a low step through frame, with just 26" wheels.
So its an ideal town bike as you can get both feet on the ground.
The model I have is probably last year's, as it has a 7 speed Nexus hub gear box (another great town feature)
The engine is a Shimano Steps system E5000 only producing 40Nm
(I've tried Gazelles with both Bosch and Shimano and I preferred the smoothness of the Shimano)
The battery is mounted on the back rack.
Lots of great features such as the built in LED lights, the oh so important built in AXA Lock,
Mugara hydraulic rim brakes.
Another surprise was the saddle, I didn't think the sprung seat post was a great idea but the saddle itself is made from a material that the rain just falls off it.

I must admit I have ridden it off road and even across a ploughed field a couple of weeks ago and it managed it just fine. Its not the way to treat it but my son talked me into a very scenic route to Cambridge. It had to be lifted over kissing gates and and a foot bridge and ridden through a nearly jungle.

The Dutch do know what bikes are about.GazelleAmi.jpg

Reactions: harrys