Conditioning a new battery

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Flecc, I never doubted you for a second. In the past 50 cycles have used the excuse that Li-ions only give problems for those who treat their ebike like a moped and if you pedal you will be fine. Not my experience though - I don't think I could put any more effort in. Mind you I go pretty quick.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
True Hal, and there's no doubt about the troubles on these. It's been a pleasure the last few days riding a Li-ion battery that simply refuses to give up however roughly the bike is treated, all down to the excellence of the software program managing the current consumption and power.

Of course e-bike companies can never have the accumulated electronic knowledge and skills of Panasonic and the huge Matsushita organisation behind it, and the part owner of them in turn, Dutch electronics giant Philips, so the comparison is bound to be unfair.

Last edited:

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Agreed on that. In April my company are introducing the cycle to work scheme - you can probably guess what will be on my shopping list. It will probably be a better commuter bike than the Torq although I will probably keep both as the Torq is a blast to ride.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That would be a very good pairing, a bit like my Q bike for utility and T bike for fun in concept. Works for me, but with NiMh on those.