Connecting lights to generic chinese controllers...how?

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
I am planning to buy a generic ebike conversion kit, but wonder how to get the lights to work. I would like to enable and disable the bike lights by the LCD screen button.
i have found a online manual here:
http://www.flanevo.at/ebay/images/Umbausatz/48V1000W28hinterrad/48V1000W-28-Installation Manual.pdf

But i cant seem to understand the explanation of this. (check page 10 of that manual please) Do i connect the black wire of that cable to the - side of the lights circuit?
Anyone else knows an easy way to connect this?
I cant seem to figure this one out :/

The ebike LCD is this one, wich alot of people uses i have seen.

Help would be much appriciated!

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
You will need to put a meter on it to be sure, but I'd guess black/yellow give battery voltage when switched on from LCD. You will either need a light that can run from 36/48v, or a buck converter to bring it down to whatever voltage you need.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if you don't understand the manual then don't do it.
Buy a rechargeable light.

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
I have the same system, and would be interested in connecting this up. I would agree you need a meter to check what is coming out of the connector, if it is 36v is there a lighting system that uses that voltage, or would you need a buck regulator as has been suggested to bring it down to a usable voltage.

I actually wonder if there is a lighting system made for this controller. The only downside I can see is if you have to leave the bike somewhere and someone has the lights away.

Edit: done a little more research and find you can indeed get 36v lighting (sorry I'm quite new to this). So i'm sure all you need to do is make up a loom to connect the front and rear lights with the connector to the controller, making sure polarity is correct

Last edited:

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
Ugh, i got the bike today with set installed after all but according to the manual there is a white/yellow cable that connects to a seperate (not included) headlight. But i do not see this cable coming out of the controller and every other cable is already in use.
Any options?

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Ugh, i got the bike today with set installed after all but according to the manual there is a white/yellow cable that connects to a seperate (not included) headlight. But i do not see this cable coming out of the controller and every other cable is already in use.
Any options?
If you don't have the connector, are you capable of opening up the controller and finding a point to take off the 36v? It won't be controlled by the night light function, unless you can find where that circuit switches on.

You maybe better off going for some USB rechargeable lights if not.

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
If you don't have the connector, are you capable of opening up the controller and finding a point to take off the 36v? It won't be controlled by the night light function, unless you can find where that circuit switches on.

You maybe better off going for some USB rechargeable lights if not.
there are some lights on the bike, but they are battery powered. i like complete systems so im kinda sad about not being able to connect lights. I think all these controllers are somewhat the same. it even has the same LCD as the one in post 1 of this topic. i can hold the top button and the LCD led comes on and with that maybe something in the controller i can tap something out of....
Maybe someone else has a open controller and can show me the point of contact for their lights?

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Yeah if someone knows that would be great, or a wiring diagram, but being Chinese I wouldn't hold my breath at finding one.

If you have a meter you could carefully probe the controller to see where the connector comes off, but it's a risk, and unless your capable, probably not worth doing.