Controller and LCD help

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
Hi, I bought a UKc-1 tft lcd from ebay a while ago and when I plugged it in there was no errors but throttle wasn't working at all I'm not 100% sure what controller I have but it came with the 3000w 72v kit from solos bikes.
It's a 60a controller 150a phase current,
By the way the kit came with a SW900 lcd and worked perfect but the tft one doesn't any ideas? Could it be compatibility issues

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Most likely, using incompatible parts means only some of the basic functions may work.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I think your UKC1 LCD display is intended for use with a Sabvoton or Bafang BBS controller and isn't compatible with what I assume is a Lishui controller.

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
Thanks for the replys I think it is compatibility issues as my KT-LCD3 also does the same thing, one more thing is I've ordered a thumb throttle with ignition switch, but when I look at the pictures I can't see a throttle were my thumb would go? I know it sounds stupid but could it just be the picture?

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I've bought that throttle unit just to get the voltage display, except mine had a red button instead of a key switch. If the ad says it has a throttle, then it's likely the wrong picture.

The throttle arm would snap in on the right side, with a spring to tension it.

What confuses users about displays is that they all seem to use the same pinout, with battery, ground, two data lines, and a start wire. All they need to turn on is battery/ground on the proper pins, but they won't do anything else unless they have the same language as the controller.

Often they will turn on the controller with the start wire, and with some controllers, the throttle and PAS work by default, but nothing else works. No speed. No info.

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
I've bought that throttle unit just to get the voltage display, except mine had a red button instead of a key switch. If the ad says it has a throttle, then it's likely the wrong picture.

The throttle arm would snap in on the right side, with a spring to tension it.

What confuses users about displays is that they all seem to use the same pinout, with battery, ground, two data lines, and a start wire. All they need to turn on is battery/ground on the proper pins, but they won't do anything else unless they have the same language as the controller.

Often they will turn on the controller with the start wire, and with some controllers, the throttle and PAS work by default, but nothing else works. No speed. No info.
Thanks for the reply just waiting for it to turn up it's taking forever but it is getting delivered by hermes so.... no surprise lol