Conversion fitters in Liverpool

filsgreen

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2013
Litherland, Merseyside
I've got a 2017 Cube SL Road bike and would like to convert it to an e-bike. I've phoned local bike shops but none of them will do it, due to insurance and warranty. Are there any e-bike converters in the Liverpool area?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I doub't that you'll find anyone. If you do find someone, how will you know if their an expert in bodge? I've seen some terrible conversions done. You should either do it yourself or buy an OEM ebike.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I doub't that you'll find anyone. If you do find someone, how will you know if their an expert in bodge? I've seen some terrible conversions done. You should either do it yourself or buy an OEM ebike.
If you don't feel you can do it by yourself (not actually difficult if you do any bike mechanics at home),
then if you do find someone it might be best if they act officially as 'guide' and you do the actual fitting.
That clarifies H&S issues a bit (could still be complicated),
and also means you'll be better prepared for any issues in future.

D

Deleted member 33385

I've got a 2017 Cube SL Road bike and would like to convert it to an e-bike. I've phoned local bike shops but none of them will do it, due to insurance and warranty. Are there any e-bike converters in the Liverpool area?

You might be better off just doing it yourself. I didn't know about this forum when I saw this video:

It looked easy enough... I decided I could do something like that, turned out that I could, and it works great.

Reactions: budsy

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Purchase one of e kits do it yourself as them days they have come on a bit i hear

but if not able for such job then taking your bike in to trade to a store they wont give u much

for it off i much doubt ..but again if buying another bike and trading your current bike in

then that leaves u more room for the other bike u get .. Mean non ebike ive got cost at time many yrs ago now £600.00 and its in v good nik today as been looked after

but store i went when i mentioned about a trade in was a waste time as i can tell he wasnt going to give very much off a new bike for the trade in and so i walked ..now im glad i did as ive also learnt from this very forum with lads n lassies some who know more than i do regards e bikes ..learning as always good to gain more knowledge and reading some of the posts does such thanks to internet today ..thats one good thing is technology in the modern World which makes life so much easier for many ..

Reactions: vfr400

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
A friend paid a local "expert" to do a conversion for her, it cost her a fortune and most of what she got was cheap junk or mis-matched parts. Doing it yourself isn't too dificult if you are mechanically minded.
Your idea to trade your bike in is another simple solution.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
You might be better off just doing it yourself. I didn't know about this forum when I saw this video:

It looked easy enough... I decided I could do something like that, turned out that I could, and it works great.
A friend paid a local "expert" to do a conversion for her, it cost her a fortune and most of what she got was cheap junk or mis-matched parts. Doing it yourself isn't too dificult if you are mechanically minded.
Your idea to trade your bike in is another simple solution.
Can purchase in his own kit and then get a guy with experience of doing them jobs to do it for a cost of how many £s can be negotiated ..But again its getting someone good at doing them jobs to do it ..Same thing to be honest i was thinking about ..but its the getting someone who has the background knowledge of converting and has the tools of the trade himself to do it is the problem for myself ..And this maybe way main poster can go down .

But again its the getting in the right person to do the job ..

D

Deleted member 33385

Can purchase in his own kit and then get a guy with experience of doing them jobs to do it for a cost of how many £s can be negotiated ..But again its getting someone good at doing them jobs to do it ..Same thing to be honest i was thinking about ..but its the getting someone who has the background knowledge of converting and has the tools of the trade himself to do it is the problem for myself ..And this maybe way main poster can go down .

But again its the getting in the right person to do the job ..

Quite honestly, the only hard to do jobs, had nothing to do with the electrics:

On the Bafang BBS01b kit, all of the wire connectors are colour coded, and they only fit together in one particular combination... which is why I suppose there were no instructions provided. If your bottom bracket is compatible (I didn't even check compatibility before buying - if it wasn't compatible, I reasoned I would put the kit on a hybrid/mountain bike anyway), this video pretty much tells you all that you need to do:

For a lot of bikes, mounting the battery to the bike seems pretty easy - simply goes on the frame. On Dahon folders, a small bit of improvisation is needed.

Here's where I bought my Bafang BBS01b 44T 19.2ah kit for £709:

...but they're now out of stock. If you want to convert your bike to "e", I think that the current high demand for ebikes, means that you'd best be quick. If you want to go down the conversion route Budsy, upload photos and details of your bike, on a new thread. Someone on here will know what sort of conversions are possible.

Woosh might have kits available, and he seems to be a very supportive seller. Just look at the his efforts helping this customer:

...there's a rumour that Woosh and Wisper are collaborating on a secret new bike called the "Wispery Woosh", or the "Wooshy Wisper" ;)

Last edited:

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Quite honestly, the only hard to do jobs, had nothing to do with the electrics:

On the Bafang BBS01b kit, all of the wire connectors are colour coded, and they only fit together in one particular combination... which is why I suppose there were no instructions provided. If your bottom bracket is compatible (I didn't even check compatibility before buying - if it wasn't compatible, I reasoned I would put the kit on a hybrid/mountain bike anyway), this video pretty much tells you all that you need to do:

For a lot of bikes, mounting the battery to the bike seems pretty easy - simply goes on the frame. On Dahon folders, a small bit of improvisation is needed.

Here's where I bought my Bafang BBS01b 44T 19.2ah kit for £709:

...but they're now out of stock. If you want to convert your bike to "e", I think that the current high demand for ebikes, means that you'd best be quick. If you want to go down the conversion route Budsy, upload photos and details of your bike, on a new thread. Someone on here will know what sort of conversions are possible.

Woosh might have kits available, and he seems to be a very supportive seller. Just look at the his efforts helping this customer:

...there's a rumour that Woosh and Wisper are collaborating on a secret new bike called the "Wispery Woosh", or the "Wooshy Wisper" ;)
Gd post Pentium -And they both seem two Genuine companys .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it is manufactured in the Far East, would it be a Chinese Wisper?
Much like a Bosh wisper or Yamaha wisper all Chinese built component bikes.