Conversion kit fitting

D

Deleted member 4366

I think you'll be alright with your 100mm one. I've seen 16" forks stretched to 100mm. Did you check your forks with a magnet?

UA17

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2013
I had to improvise and use a fridge magnet as I couldn't find a normal magnet but yes the fridge magnet did attract to the bikes forks so the forks are definitely steel.

Regards

D

Deleted member 4366

I had to improvise and use a fridge magnet as I couldn't find a normal magnet but yes the fridge magnet did attract to the bikes forks so the forks are definitely steel.

Regards
That's OK then. Steel stretches nicely. If Jerry doesn't want to do it, I'll install it for you. I could maybe com down to Bristol if you've got somewhere to do it otherwise you have to send it by Paisley Freight at £25 each way. If I come down it'll cost about £30 in fuel plus coffee and biscuits.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Thanks Dave I am happy to leave it in your capable hands :)

PS be sure to post some pics when your are done.

Jerry

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
That's OK then. Steel stretches nicely. If Jerry doesn't want to do it, I'll install it for you. I could maybe com down to Bristol if you've got somewhere to do it otherwise you have to send it by Paisley Freight at £25 each way. If I come down it'll cost about £30 in fuel plus coffee and biscuits.
Just wondering where do you live Dave?

Pat :)

UA17

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2013
Thanks for your help Jerry & Dave.

I will definitely post some pictures once it is done :)

Keter Sharon

Just Joined
Oct 25, 2013
A, A
Jerry,

I want to buy a TERN D8 bike, but the fork width there is 74mm.
All the kits i can find are for 100mm fork.
Is there a method to install this kit on the D8? like bending the fork...

Thanks