conversion kit on ebay anygood?

peter chapman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 16, 2015
hi i have seen a kit from electricbikeconversions.co.uk on ebay 36v 500w with 13ah l-ion battery, £395, uk dealer looks good anyone have any feedback on this kit? should i go for it or can someone recommend an alternative for a similar price.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
It looks like a good price and I think they have been around for a bit, but what I don't like is the controller fits in a bag that you hang off the frame.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Yes that's a idea, and I think you can get a box to fit it in and bolt on the down tube,

I'm still new to the e-bike, but what I can say is the money I spent on the oxydrive kit is the best money I have spent in a long time.

I now get out on the bike and it's not sat in the garage, I come home from work have some food then pop out on the bike and do like 8 miles in next to no time.

I'm just about to buy another kit from oxydrive and fit to my partners bike, she had a go on my bike and now wants a kit on her bike

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
hi i have seen a kit from electricbikeconversions.co.uk on ebay 36v 500w with 13ah l-ion battery, £395, uk dealer looks good anyone have any feedback on this kit? should i go for it or can someone recommend an alternative for a similar price.
What type cycling do you want to use the kit for ?

peter chapman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 16, 2015
hi thanks for the reply the reason i need the kit is to convert a carrera crossfire so that i can use it for commuting to work and back (12.5 round trip) and other things such as taking kids out in cycle trailer and general leisurely cycle rides, i live in norfolk so fairly flat. the idea is to sell one of the cars and soley use this to get me to and from work in all weathers as my wife would like to give up work to look after the kids.

D

Deleted member 4366

I didn't see a link to your kit. If it's a 500w direct drive motor, it's probably not suitable for towing. They normally are wound for too high a speed for their torque, so best suited to people that can ride at high constant speed. For towing, you need a geared motor or crank-drive.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All there high watt mower motors look to be D/D except for geared 250w kits.

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
I just bought the 250 watt kit at £375....very complete kit ...all works perfectly...put the electrics in a tailpost bag.. much neater..good value and the seller seems a genuine bloke.